There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Brazil T Rabbit Offline

Of course that were not the southern girls who attacked the tsalalas. They are lions not hyenas. Here the males are bigger and stronger. I think were the mantimahles as they are 5 big adult males and were following the tsalalas according to mala mala articles. They are the only ones who could defeated the 3 taalalas in that area.
1 user Likes T Rabbit's post

United States vinodkumarn Offline
Vinod Lion Enthusiast

(08-28-2017, 09:43 PM)jacksonsmash Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 07:52 PM)vinodkumarn Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 07:49 PM)stronghold Wrote: Good to hear that all of them survived. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Guys is it possible they got some fatherly love from the Majingilanes?

I don't think so, given their recent locations and also their fathers are also not together and no scratches/injuries during the same time.

MAYBE IT WAS THE SOUTHERN PRIDE FEMALES THAT ATTACKED THE 3 TSALALA MALES  THE OTHER NIGHT?

I don't think so. These males are 4 years+, Strong and Big
Even they can't scare 2 males let alone 3..
1 user Likes vinodkumarn's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(08-28-2017, 09:43 PM)jacksonsmash Wrote: MAYBE IT WAS THE SOUTHERN PRIDE FEMALES THAT ATTACKED THE 3 TSALALA MALES  THE OTHER NIGHT?

They did have an interaction with the Southern pride females.

But so what? They're not going to do anything to 3 young, strong males that want a territory. The best lionesses can hope for is to distract them from killing cubs, that's it.
1 user Likes Tshokwane's post

United States vinodkumarn Offline
Vinod Lion Enthusiast

Tsala Young Males Vs Southern Pride
Credits: Neil Jennings

Click to Play

1 user Likes vinodkumarn's post

United States jacksonsmash Offline

(08-28-2017, 11:56 PM)Tshokwane Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 09:43 PM)jacksonsmash Wrote: MAYBE IT WAS THE SOUTHERN PRIDE FEMALES THAT ATTACKED THE 3 TSALALA MALES  THE OTHER NIGHT?

They did have an interaction with the Southern pride females.

But so what? They're not going to do anything to 3 young, strong males that want a territory. The best lionesses can hope for is to distract them from killing cubs, that's it.

5 adult females with cubs to protect could easily inflict that kind of damage on 3 4 year old males......   easily......... groups of females have been known to KILL ADULT MALES  trying to muscle in
3 users Like jacksonsmash's post

and didnt the  males RUN from the southern pride today?
1 user Likes jacksonsmash's post

THANK YOU!   I KNOW THERE ARE THREE TSALALA MALES BUT THEY JUST TURNED 4 - NOWHERE NEAR THEIR PRIME --  LACKING THE CONFIDENCE OF PRIDE MALES ---    BUT VERY SOON IT WILL BE A DIFFERENT STORY ---  IF THEY CAN HANG IN THERE-----      THE SELATI MALES WERE STILL FEARFUL  OF THE MAPOGOS UP UNTIL  ABOUT A MONTH OR 2 BEFORE THEY MADE THEIR MOVE-----  THEN ONE DAY SOMETHING JUST CLICKS AND A CHANGE HAPPENS --  I COULD BE WRONG BUT I DONT THINK THAT DAY HAS COME FOR THE 3 TSALALAS --- BUT WHEN IT DOES----WATCH OUT SOUTHERN PRIDE/AVOCAS/CHARLESTONS/WHOEVER !

Canada stronghold Offline

The Tsalala Young Males are getting bolder and bolder. Early 2016 the Tsalala pride was on safarilive ,they look nervous. Fast forward looks like they are ready to take over a territory. I cant help not to route for them. Them and the Charleston. Lone Aunt raising them running away and avoiding conflicts. Plus the Tsalala Young Males reminds me of a young DM. Be safe young guns.
3 users Like stronghold's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(08-29-2017, 02:00 AM)jacksonsmash Wrote: 5 adult females with cubs to protect could easily inflict that kind of damage on 3 4 year old males......   easily......... groups of females have been known to KILL ADULT MALES  trying to muscle in

Uh, no.

The amount of damage females can inflict on males depend entirely of how much the males let them. There are some males that are more tolerant, for some strange reason, and allow lionesses to hurt them.

There are others who take no nonsense, and if lionesses are on the tough act, they end up injured or simply dead. It isn't a big deal.

Now, while I'm aware of the video of the southern pride "showing who was boss" to the limping Kruger male, it doesn't mean anything. 

He was avoiding coming to physical contact with them, and the lionesses didn't even push it, so the name of that video is a lot of clickbait.

Can a lioness get a swipe on a male's face or a bite in the nuts? Sure.

But they will not be dealing the kind of damage the Tsalala males had, and certainly will not be killing an adult male, no matter how many they are. This is why lions exist, after all. To protect the territory and the females and kids in it, otherwise lionesses would live in this feminist butch land where no male is needed, and we already know that is not the case.
6 users Like Tshokwane's post

(08-29-2017, 05:08 PM)Tshokwane Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 02:00 AM)jacksonsmash Wrote: 5 adult females with cubs to protect could easily inflict that kind of damage on 3 4 year old males......   easily......... groups of females have been known to KILL ADULT MALES  trying to muscle in

Uh, no.

The amount of damage females can inflict on males depend entirely of how much the males let them. There are some males that are more tolerant, for some strange reason, and allow lionesses to hurt them.

There are others who take no nonsense, and if lionesses are on the tough act, they end up injured or simply dead. It isn't a big deal.

Now, while I'm aware of the video of the southern pride "showing who was boss" to the limping Kruger male, it doesn't mean anything. 

He was avoiding coming to physical contact with them, and the lionesses didn't even push it, so the name of that video is a lot of clickbait.

Can a lioness get a swipe on a male's face or a bite in the nuts? Sure.

But they will not be dealing the kind of damage the Tsalala males had, and certainly will not be killing an adult male, no matter how many they are. This is why lions exist, after all. To protect the territory and the females and kids in it, otherwise lionesses would live in this feminist butch land where no male is needed, and we already know that is not the case.

UH, YES --- IT HAS HAPPENED---  FEMALES HAVE KILLED ADULT MALES TRYING TO TAKE THEIR TERRITORY----------THATS WHY THEY BECAME SOCIAL IN THE FIRST PLACE - TO BETTER PROTECT THEIR CUBS AND TERRITORIES.     ITS DOCUMENTED IN A BOOK CALLED "THE ART OF BEING A LION"------- A BUNCH OF FEMALES ATTACK A STRANGE GROWN UP ADULT MALE LION AND HE DIED FROM HIS INJURIES. DO YOU HONESTLY THINK ITS NEVER HAPPENED IN THE 3 MILLION YEARS LIONS HAVE BEEN AROUND.  FEMALES PROTECT THEIR HOME TERRITORY THEIR WHOLE LIVES--MALES COME AND GO ---

IM SURE THERE ARE RANGERS/TRACKERS/WHOEVER/ AT SABI SANDS THAT WOULD AGREE WITH ME. ITS NOT SOME SUPERNATURAL PHENOMENON ---- MANY FEMALES ATTACK AND KILL 1 STRANGE ADULT MALE--
NOT THAT HARD TO PICTURE-----  AND UNTIL ITS PROVED CONCLUSIVELY THAT ADULT MALES ARE THE ONES THAT BATTERED THE TSALALA MALES  THEN THE SOUTHERN PRIDE FEMALES SHOULD REMAIN ON THE LIST OF SUSPECTS ----

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Jackson, just that you think something happens doesn't make it true.

Biology isn't a construct that you can take away and pretend it isn't there just to pander to the sensibilities of some.
4 users Like Tshokwane's post

Switzerland Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

@jacksonsmash :

About #849: I have this book "The art of being a lion" too (The french version). Indeed there is an account, page 88, relating a lone male intruder that got attacked by seven females thinking their cubs in danger. This male was found dead two days later. Two lionesses were also injured.

The lioness wanted to protect their cubs and territory, but not necessarily to kill voluntarily the male (in this case they would continue to exhaust him instead of letting him go). Then it is stated the defence of the territory is by far not the main task of the females. The male's death is a consequence of the females' aggression. And what do we know about this male ? Was he fully adult and not a subadult ? Perhaps he was weakened too, because being weakened and lone he had lost its "brothers in arms"...

We cannot be categorical and generalize about an only one account.
3 users Like Spalea's post

Austria Lionpower Offline

(08-28-2017, 05:15 PM)Tshokwane Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 02:07 PM)stronghold Wrote: Hi guys, anyone have updates on the missing tsalala young males? looks like the 2 injured brothers are mobile again.

Yes, I read an update from Sabi Sabi that they chased away the Avoca males from a zebra kill. 

I'll post it later, when  I can.

(08-30-2017, 12:25 AM)jacksonsmash Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 11:14 PM)Tshokwane Wrote: Jackson, just that you think something happens doesn't make it true.

Biology isn't a construct that you can take away and pretend it isn't there just to pander to the sensibilities of some.

OR---YOU COULD DO SOME RESEARCH AND REALIZE THAT YOU--THE ALMIGHTY ADMINISTRATOR OF WILDFACT ARE WRONG----      I BET THIS IS THE ONLY CONTROL YOU HAVE OVER ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD   SO  WHEN SOMEONE PROVES YOU WRONG  YOU   TRY TO SOUND REALLY SMART AND USE  BIG WORDS NEXT TO EACH OTHER  WHILE GIVING A SNARKY REPLY.   I HAVE SEEN YOU DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN -------   IM SURE NOW YOU HAVE A RAGING HARD ON BECAUSE YOU GET TO BAN ME  BUT THIS SITE LOST ITS USEFULNESS  A WHILE AGO ONCE I HAD CERTAIN QUESTIONS ANSWERED-----HAVE FUN WITH THIS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE --------  I KNOW YOU WONT RESEARCH WHAT I SAID EVEN THOUGH I GAVE YOU A SOURCE  BECAUSE YOU KNOW YOURE WRONG AND IN YOUR LITTLE UNIVERSE THAT CAN NEVER HAPPEN.  FUCK YOU AND YOUR LACK OF SENSE------------GOODBYE-----  OH  AND MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE THIS POST BUT KEEP YOURS  SO EVERYONE LOOKING AT IT WILL THINK YOU WON THE ARGUMENT-----  GOODBYE WILDFUCKS Like Lol

Haha :) C'mon..chill mate...Everyone will read your post even if you use normal font size..
3 users Like Lionpower's post

United States Fredymrt Offline

Southern pride kruger male vs sand river males

5 users Like Fredymrt's post