There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-20-2019, 07:40 PM by Shadow )

(10-20-2019, 01:43 PM)Hello Wrote: One of the biggest lions in the US at 650 pounds. I love his body structure tall and long, Average build

poor fella passed away on 2012 at 14.

I moved that posting to this same thread, where are other postings of this Zamba, some sources claim it to have been 650, some 700 and then for instance zoo director said 750 lbs. It´s still  unclear what can be confirmed and what statements are more or less vague. It´s a big lion, but question remains, that how big in reality. But to keep things clear, when you post multiple postings about same individual, it would be better to keep those in one thread, not spread all over to different threads.

What is interesting on this video is reaction of the woman on background at around 2:02 and how she is amazed by the size of the feet of Zamba. After all Zamba wasn´t the first big cat they saw there if that video is in chronological order as can be assumed.

johnny rex Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

(10-20-2019, 01:43 PM)Hello Wrote: One of the biggest lions in the US at 650 pounds. I love his body structure tall and long, Average build

poor fella passed away on 2012 at 14.

Is Zamba a real Barbary lion? She said he is a Barbary lion but I'm not sure.

United States Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Tigers are coming...

1 user Likes Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

Both grew up...

Wildanimal Lover

When a young lion is loving you...

India Hello Offline

lean and tall lion

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 10-26-2019, 08:16 AM by Rishi )

©Wasif Jamshed

Kanha-king Munna in his acclimatisation/quarantined cell at Van Vihar.
*This image is copyright of its original author

Wildanimal Lover

Kevin Richardson " I said, “Icarus, give me your mean look.” The first picture is what I got! I started laughing uncontrollably. ??. Then came the look in the second picture. I immediately stopped laughing. ??. I always find it so incredibly amazing as to how many different faces a lion can pull. I took a sequence of pictures within the space of a minute that make him look thoughtful, contemplative, dopey, happy, sad, etc, etc, etc. We need to be careful how we interpret pictures of animals with expressive faces. They need to be assessed in context of the situation. ".

Wildanimal Lover

A free man, Jeremy Stella :" Many of you are asking me the question: How do I see my life in ten years? My wish is to stay like this, healthy, keep a wild heart, living quietly in a corner of nature. And I hope Njörd will always be by my side! ".

Wildanimal Lover

It's supposed to happen at the Denver Zoo...Look at the setting, Zoo or Park ? Does anybody visit it ?

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

This is what I call a fully maned lion !

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like Lycaon's post

Wildanimal Lover

@Lycaon :

About #1649: I have never seen a so maned lion... From what is it the product ? Any hair lotion inside its meals ?

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

@Spalea 

I belive this lion could have some barbary/asiatic ancestry . Other than that I couldn't find any additional info on this lion.

Wildanimal Lover

(11-06-2019, 07:27 PM)Lycaon Wrote: @Spalea 

I belive this lion could have some barbary/asiatic ancestry . Other than that I couldn't find any additional info on this lion.

I joked when I spoke about hair lotion but I haven't clearly never seen a lion like this one. The mane is so opulent that it hides the whole belly. Perhaps a luxuriant-maned Barbary lion could be almost like that with the "help" of the local climate. In which zoo or country does this lion live ?

This lion should be recorded in the Guiness book for the title "The absolute most opulent mane".

Wildanimal Lover

2 users Like Spalea's post