There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

(06-21-2019, 05:03 PM)nobody Wrote:

White tigress - it was a mistake for a lion

Looks like they will get ligers in that zoo Wink

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
( This post was last modified: 06-21-2019, 08:58 PM by sanjay )

This video provided by @epaiva (You can sent your video to WildFact, read the first post - https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-wildfac...your-video)

Male Jaguar from Male Jaguar in Parque del Este in Caracas, Venezuela
2 users Like sanjay's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-25-2019, 03:41 AM by Shadow )

Have to put this photo here, I have to agree with description from the zoo. I couldn´t look at this photo without laughing, that facial expression of the lion combined to situation is priceless :) 

*This image is copyright of its original author

This is rough translation of text from zoo:
Memory of Samko ???
You can´t look at this photo without chuckle ☺️ In the winter time you used to make your striped roommates as your "couch" ?? 
Especially Balua - the one was honestly born to it, I mean what wouldn't you do for mate ?????
Have a nice day ???
4 users Like Shadow's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

Sometimes they make it so easy to compare. If we would have more photos like this there would be a lot less of debates :) But these guys sleep as they choose, not as asked to do Wink

Attached Files Image(s)

1 user Likes Shadow's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-25-2019, 03:58 AM by Shadow )

(06-24-2019, 04:49 AM)Shadow Wrote: Have to put this photo here, I have to agree with description from the zoo. I couldn´t look at this photo without laughing, that facial expression of the lion combined to situation is priceless :) 

This is rough translation of text from zoo:
Memory of Samko ???
You can´t look at this photo without chuckle ☺️ In the winter time you used to make your striped roommates as your "couch" ?? 
Especially Balua - the one was honestly born to it, I mean what wouldn't you do for mate ?????
Have a nice day ???

There was something captivating in the eyes of this lion, Samko. I managed to find a tribute video for him. Photos from little cub to handsome adult. And those eyes, how it looks to camera... I can´t remember anything quite same at least now. Even though captive, he obviously lived in a place where people cared.

1 user Likes Shadow's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-27-2019, 06:23 AM by Shadow )

I noticed one quite odd video... zoo-keeper say many good things, but what comes to size of this tiger, she obviously makes mistake. She says on video, that tiger stands over 9,5 feet tall, which sounds too much. Then she say, that she is herself 5 ft 2 inches tall. I think that in that she can be trusted.

So she claims, that tiger can stand over 289 cm tall and she herself is 157,5 cm tall. Then she reaches up, looks to rise so, that standing on her toes. And she has some pliers etc. in her hand adding height, when she gives meat for the tiger. And that tiger seems to stand on a bit higher ground, than zookeeper, stretched as much as it can.

Here comes interesting part. 157,5 cm, that can be put to 170 cm because she is standing on her toes to reach as up as she can. If her hand is 55 cm and estimating how much she can reach over head, I think, that 35 cm is quite close. Then pliers to that, about 15 cm. 170+35+15= 220 cm, which is 7 ft 2,6 inches.

Remembering, that she says, that tiger can reach over 9,5 feet, meaning over 289 cm, about 70 cm difference sounds quite big. Or 2 feet 3,2 inches in other words.

A good example, how important it is to have criticism even, when listening what someone who should know is talking. That tiger can reach over 9,5 feet only if jumping. I put here video and then attach two freeze-frames to show dimensions so, that everyone can see what I mean.

Attached Files Image(s)

2 users Like Shadow's post

Poland nobody Offline

rly fast female
2 users Like nobody's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

I come just to discover this video of a called "Alcyone" siberian tiger... Impressive body although it doesn't move at all. Just growling, but it sounds like a big motor engine.

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 07-07-2019, 04:50 PM by Pckts )

(07-07-2019, 12:36 PM)Spalea Wrote: I come just to discover this video of a called "Alcyone" siberian tiger... Impressive body although it doesn't move at all. Just growling, but it sounds like a big motor engine.

He always claims Alcyone as an Amur but neither him nor his sister Atzlan  look like pure Amurs, I'm sure they're hybrids like most captive Tigers.

Wildanimal Lover

@Pckts :

About #1556: you could be right...Alcyone's fur is too dark for a pure siberian tiger. It's hard to find some information about the " Black Jaguar White Tiger  " group which diffused this video on youtube. Perhaps it's from a french zoo because of the man's repartee "Ne fais pas cette gueule !" ("don't put up this face !"), starting this video because of the permanent Alcyone's growl...
1 user Likes Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

One against all...

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(07-07-2019, 05:11 PM)Spalea Wrote: @Pckts :

About #1556: you could be right...Alcyone's fur is too dark for a pure siberian tiger. It's hard to find some information about the " Black Jaguar White Tiger  " group which diffused this video on youtube. Perhaps it's from a french zoo because of the man's repartee "Ne fais pas cette gueule !" ("don't put up this face !"), starting this video because of the permanent Alcyone's growl...

Just a side note, Alcyone is now out of the Big Pride 

When asked where Alcyone is, he said

blackjaguarwhitetiger

@marco15mocha inside the night room, I moved him today to what used to be Dolano and Kiara’s night room because he fights with Luke. It’s time that I put him with some Siberian Tigresses like him...

Wildanimal Lover

Colorful couple...

1 user Likes Spalea's post

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

Lorena Walton

[i]Alittle TBT with one of our Persian leopards, Tabriz. around 2000[/i]

[i]
[/i]