There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellowstone Wolf Directory

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 08:45 PM by TheNormalGuy )

Wolf #966M 
[Second Alpha Male of The Prospect Peak Pack]

a.    Gray pup of the Prospect Peak pack in 2014
b.    Alpha Male of Prospect Peak in 2017
c.     Harvested in the Fall of 2017

Recap

ID : #966M
Sex : Male
Color : Gray
Lifespan : April 2014-Fall 2017 (3 years)

Ancestry : 
  • Son of 909F (?) & 871M 
  • Grandson of 469F & 695M
  • Great Grandson of 220F/534M
  • Great Great Grandson of 7F/2M & 48F/72M
  • Great Great Great Grandson of 9F/? & 5F/4M & 27F/28M & ?/?

Pack : Prospect Peak

Mate : 821F [She gave birth and then was killed by another pack]

Source of these informations : 

Yellowstone Wolf Projects Annual Reports
"Charting Yellowstone Wolves (25th Anniversary)"
(2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)

(The link to the Wolf Annual Reports is in the first post of the thread)

*Edit of this post will come in shorter or later moments  !*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Note* : I transferred this thread to my forum : The Domain of the Wolf and updated and added many informations from the multiples sources I red. Hope it is understandable.  Also, there is a problem with the spacing between texts sometimes which i can't fix. Sorry for the inconvenience it might cause.

Although all the informations are based from my review, searches and documentation of my searches on the Internet, some informations can be, and are, inaccurate due to new papers coming out, new genetics analyses, etc etc.

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast

Wolf #967M 

a.    Black Pup of The Lamar Canyon Pack in 2014
b.    Great Great Great Grandson of 9F and 10M

Recap

ID : #967M
Color : Black
Lifespan : April 2014 - Mid-April 2015 [1 year]
Age of Death : 1
Pack : Lamar Canyon
Ancestry : 
  • Son of "Spitfire" [926F] & "Big Gray" [925M]
  • Grandson of 832F/755M & ?/?
  • Great Grandson of 472F/113M & 485F/?
  • Great Great Grandson of 40F/21M & 17F/34M & 48F/72M & ?/?
  • Great Great Great Grandson of 9F/10M [Parents of 17F & 21M], 27F/28M [Parents of 48F], 39F [Mother of 40F]

Source of these informations : 

(2014)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Note* : I transferred this thread to my forum : The Domain of the Wolf and updated and added many informations from the multiples sources I red. Hope it is understandable.  Also, there is a problem with the spacing between texts sometimes which i can't fix. Sorry for the inconvenience it might cause.

Although all the informations are based from my review, searches and documentation of my searches on the Internet, some informations can be, and are, inaccurate due to new papers coming out, new genetics analyses, etc etc.

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast

Wolf #968F

a.    Black Pup of Junction Butte in 2014
b.    Harvested in 2015
c.     Great Great Great Grand-Daughter of 9F and 10M

Recap

ID : #968F
Sex : Female
Lifespan : April 2014- December 1st 2015 (1 1/2 year old)
Pack : Junction Butte
Ancestry : 

• Daughter of 870F and 890M
  • Grand-Daughter of 486F/495M & 693F/778M
  • Great Grand-Daughter of 48F/72M & 174F/193M & 472F/113M & ?/?
  • Great Great Grand-Daughter of 5F/6M [Parents of 174F], 27F/28M [Parents of 48F], 18F/8M [Parents of 193M], 40F/21M [Parents of 472F], 17F/34M [Parents of 113M]
  • Great Great Great Grand-Daughter of 4M [Father of 6M & 8M], 5F [Mother of 8M], 9F/10M [Parents of 17F, 18F & 21M], 39F [Mother of 40F]

(2014, 2015)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast

Wolf #969F 
[Third and Brief Alpha Female of The Junction Butte Pack]

a.    Gray Yearling of Junction Butte in 2014
b.    Had a 1 of the 4 litters of Junction butte in 2018 (1119F, 907F and another female)
c.     Killed all 7 pups of the 2 most dominant females of her pack in 2019.
d.    She gave birth to 7 pups in one of the 4 litters of Junction Butte in 2019
e.    Great Great Great Grand-Daughter of 9F and 10M

Recap

ID : #969F
Lifespan : April 2013- January 2020 (Nearly 7 years old)
Pack : Junction Butte
Ancestry : 
  • Daughter of "Ragged-Tail" and "Puff" (911M)
  • Grand-Daughter of 486F/495M & 693F/778M
  • Great Grand-Daughter of 48F/72M & 174F/193M & 472F/113M & ?/?
  • Great Great Grand-Daughter of 27F/28M [Parents of 48F], 5F/6M [Parents of 174F], 18F/8M [Parents of 193M], 40F/21M [Parents of 472F], 17F/34M [Parents of 113M]
  • Great Great Great Grand-Daughter of 4M [Father of 6M & 8M], 5F [Mother of 8M], 9F/10M [Parents of 17F & 18F & 21M], 39F [Mother of 40F]
Mates : 
  • 890M aka "Patch"
  • 1047M

Yellowstone Wolf : Project Citizen Science
(2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 08:45 PM by TheNormalGuy Edit Reason: Update ! )

Wolf #970F 

[Third Alpha Female of Junction Butte]

a.    Black Wolf of 911M Group in December 2014
b.    Died from unknown natural causes in April 2016 as a member of Junction Butte

Recap

ID : #970F
Lifespan : April 2011 - Spring 2016 [5 years old]
Pack : 911M Group, Junction Butte
Ancestry : 
  • Daughter of 486F & 495M
  • Grand-Daughter of 48F/72M & 174F/193M & ?/? & ?/?
  • Great Grand-Daughter of 27F/28M [Parents of 48F], 5F/6M [Parents of 174F], 18F/8M [Parents of 193M]
  • Great Great Grand-Daughter of 4M [Father of 6M & 8M], 5F [Mother of 8M], 9F/10M [Parents of 18F]

Mates : "Puff" aka 911M, "Patch" aka 890M ?

Descendance : 
  • 968F
  • 994M

Yellowstone Wolf Projects Annual Reports and "Charting Yellowstone Wolves (25th Anniversary)"

(2014, 2015, 2016)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 08:45 PM by TheNormalGuy Edit Reason: Update ! )

Wolf #978F/1239F 

[Seventh Alpha Female of Mollie's]

[Currently an breeding female of the pack]

a.    Gray Wolf of Mollie’s in 2015
b.    Beta female of Mollie’s in 2018
c.     Gave birth to pups as did subordinate wolf 1118F in Mollie’s pack in 2018.
d.   Lost her collar and was recollared as 1239F.

Recap

ID : #978F/1239F
Lifespan : April 2013 - 
Pack : Mollie’s
Ancestry : 
  • Daughter of 779F and 980M
  • Grand-Daughter of 486F/495M & ?/?
  • Great Grand-Daughter of 48F/72M & 174F/193M
  • Great Great Grand-Daughter of 5F/6M [Parents of 174F], 18F/8M [Parents of 193M] 27F/28M [Parents of 48F]
  • Great Great Great Grand-Daughter of 4M [Father of 6M & 8M], 5F [Mother of 8M], 9F/10M [Parents of 18F]
Mate : 890M ("Patch")

Descendance :
  • 1238M [Member of Mollie's]

Yellowstone Wolf Projects Annual Reports and "Charting Yellowstone Wolves (25th Anniversary)"

(2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 08:46 PM by TheNormalGuy Edit Reason: Update ! )

Wolf #980M 

[Sixth Alpha Male of Mollie's]

a.    Gray Adult Wolf of Mollie’s in 2015
b.    Killed by a bull elk in August 2015.
c.   Mate of 779F

Recap

ID : #980M
Lifespan : ? - 2012 -August 22th 2015 [at least 5 years]
Packs : Mollie's
Mate : 779F, 686F ?

Descendance : 

• 924F
  • 978F/1239F [Former Alpha Female of Mollie's] [Probably a breeding female of the pack currently]*
  • 979F
  • 1013M
  • Famous Wolf 1014M [Current Alpha Male of The Wapiti Lake Pack]*
  • Famous Wolf 1015M [Current Alpha Male of 8-Mile and Former Alpha Male of Wapiti Lake]*
  • 1090F [Current Alpha Female of Mollie's]*
  • 1118F*
  • 1155M [Lone Wolf]

Descendance Legacy [Descendance Pups that produced pups] In blue if alive :

1104F [Grand-Daughter] [Daughter of 1015M] [Localized in Grand Teton NP]

1106M [Grandson] [Son of 1015M] [Current Alpha Male of Phantom Lake]

Living Legacy [Descendance Pups that have yet to produce pups or known pups (# or nicknamed)]:

1156M [Grandson] [Son of 1015M] [Member of 8-Mile]
1201F [Grand-Daughter] [Daughter of 1015M] [Member of Wapiti Lake]
1203F [Grand-Daughter] [Daughter of 1015M] [Member of Wapiti Lake]
1230M [Grandson] [Son of 1015M] [Member of 8-Mile]
1231M [Grandson] [Son of 1015M] [Member of 8-Mile]
1232M [Grandson] [Son of 1015M] [Member of 8-Mile]
1233M [Grandson] [Son of 1015M] [Member of 8-Mile]
1234M [Grandson] [Son of 1014M] [Member of Wapiti Lake]
1235F [Grand-Daughter] [Daughter of 1014M] [Member of Wapiti Lake]
1236M [Grandson] [Son of 1014M] [Member of Wapiti Lake]
1238M [Grandson] [Son of 978F/1239F] [Member of Mollie's]

Wolf 980M (Mollie's Alpha male) (2015)

"In August 2015, alpha male 980M was kicked by a bull elk while the pack was hunting and died from his injuries. "

Source : Yellowstone Wolf Project Annual Reports 2015

Yellowstone Family Tree (Leo Leckie Stories)
"Charting Yellowstone Wolves (25th Anniversary)
(2015)

*Edit of this post will come in shorter or later moments  !

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 08:46 PM by TheNormalGuy )

Famous Wolf 992M aka "Twin"

[Third Alpha Male of The Lamar Canyon Pack]

a.    Black Wolf of Lamar Canyon in 2015
b.    One of the mate in 926F (“Spitfire”) life.
c.     Disappeared in 2016

Recap

ID : #992M
Nickname : “Twin”
Pack : Prospect Peak, Lamar Canyon
Lifespan : April 2013 or earlier to Spring 2016 [At least 3 years old]
Mate : “Spitfire” (926F)

(2015, 2016)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 08:46 PM by TheNormalGuy )

Wolf #993M aka "Dark-Black" 

[Fourth Alpha Male of The Lamar Canyon Pack]

a.    Black Wolf of Lamar Canyon in 2015
b.    Killed by an elk in June 2016

Recap

ID : #993M
Nickname : "Dark-Black"
Lifespan : April 2012 - June 26th 2016 [4 years old]
Pack : Prospect Peak, Lamar Canyon
Ancestry : 
  • Son of 909F & 871M
  • Grandson of 469F & 695M
Mates : 926F aka "Spitfire" [Paired]

[b]Wolf 993M (Lamar Canyon) (2016)
[/b]

"Killed by elk in 2016."

[b]Source : Yellowstone Wolf Project Annual Report 2016
[/b]

Source of these informations : 

(2015, 2016)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 08:46 PM by TheNormalGuy Edit Reason: Update ! )

Wolf #996M [Member of Junction Butte]

a.    Black Pup of Prospect Peak in 2015.
b.  Subordinate of Junction Butte in 2018

Recap

ID : #996M
Lifespan : April 2015-
Packs : Prospect Peak, Junction Butte
Ancestry : 
  • Son of 821F & SW763M
  • Grandson of 469F/695M

*This image is copyright of its original author

Note :
"996M moments after he finished lazily crossing the road in Lamar Valley. He crossed from the South side of the road to the North. He then ascended up out of sight after spending time chasing off some coyotes near a coyote den."

*This image is copyright of its original author

Note : "996M was taking his time crossing the road very slowly in Lamar Valley. Was not phased or frightened by the vehicles or bystanders hanging very close to him."

Photo Credits : Taylor Bland (Taken on July 18th 2019)

Thank you for letting me share these beautiful pictures and videos of 996M with my fellows member of WildFact and dears guests.

Taylor is a wildlife guide in Yellowstone. She works for the organization/wildlife touring compagny called :

"Yellowstone Wolf Tracker"

Here's the a clickable link that will direct you to the website of the compagny :

Yellowstone Wolf : Project Citizen Science

(2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast

Wolf #1005F 

[Founding Alpha Female of The Phantom Lake Pack]

[Founding & Current Alpha Female of The Carnelian Creek Pack]

a.    Black Pup of 8-Mile in 2016
b.    Black wolf who formed her group (1005F Group) in 2018
c.     Consisted of her, 1049F, 1119F, uncollared gray female and a large jet black male.
d.    This group joined the Crevice Pack at the end/beginning 2018/2019
e.    Member of Phantom Lake in 2019
f.   Alpha Female of her group (1005F/1200M) in 2020

Recap

ID : #1005F

Birth Pack : 8-Mile

Lifespan : April 2015-

Ancestry : Daughter of 909F and an uncollared black alpha male

Grand-Daughter of 469F/695M

Great Grand-Daughter of 220F/534M

Great Great Grand-Daughter of 7F/2M & 48F/72M

Great Great Great Grand-Daughter of 9F/? & 5F/4M & 27F/28M & ?/?

Packs : 

8-Mile

1005F Group

Crevice Pack

Phantom Lake

1005F/1200M Group [Now Carnelian Creek]

Mates : 1106M, 1200M [Current Mate]

YWPCS

(2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast

Wolf #1014M 

[Third & Present Alpha Male of The Wapiti Lake Pack]

a.    Black wolf of Mollie’s in 2016
b.    Member of Wapiti Lake in 2017
c.     Joined 8-Mile
d.   Then returned and became the new alpha male of Wapiti Lake in 2019 near the peak of breeding season

Recap 

ID : #1014M

Lifespan : April 2013 - 

Mate : "The Wapiti White Alpha Female"

Packs : 

• Mollie’s
  • 8-Mile
  • Wapiti Lake

Ancestry : 

• Son of 779F and 980M.
  • Grandson of 486F/495M
  • Great Grandson of 48F/72M & 174F/193M
  • Great Great Grandson of 27F/28M & ?/? & 5F/6M & 18F/8M
  • Great Great Great Grandson of 4M [Father of 6M & 8M], 5F [Mother of 8M], 9F/10M [Parents of 18F]

Descendance : 

1234M [Member of Wapiti Lake]

1235F [Member of Wapiti Lake]

1236M [Members of Wapiti Lake]

[b][b]Source of these informations : 

Yellowstone Wolf Projects Annual Reports and "Charting Yellowstone Wolves (25th Anniversary)"
[/b]

(2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)

*Edit of this post will come in shorter or later moments !*

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 08:47 PM by TheNormalGuy Edit Reason: Update ! )

Wolf #1015M 

[Second Alpha Male of The Wapiti Lake Pack]

[Current Alpha Male of The 8-Mile Pack ?]

a.    Black Yearling of Mollie’s in 2016
b.    Member of Wapiti Lake in 2018
c.   Alpha Male of 8-Mile from late in winter of 2018/2019

Recap

ID : #1015M

Lifespan : April 2014-

Pack : Mollie’s, Wapiti Lake, 8-Mile

Mates : 1091F, "The Wapiti White Alpha Female", "Brindle"

Status in 8-Mile : Alpha Male
Family : Brother of 1014M
Ancestry : 
  • Son of 779F and 980M. 
  • Grandson of 486F/495M & ?/?
  • Great Grandson of 48F/72M & 174F/193M
  • Great Great Grandson of 27F/28M & ?/? & 5F/6M & 18F/8M
  • Great Great Great Grandson of 4M [Father of 6M & 8M], 5F [Mother of 8M], 9F/10M [Parents of 18F]

Descendance : 

1104F [Localized in Grand Teton NP]*

1105M 

1106M [Founder and Current Alpha Male of The Phantom Lake Pack]*

1156M [Member of 8-Mile]

1201F [Member of Wapiti Lake]

1203F [Member of Wapiti Lake]

1230M [Member of 8-Mile]

1231M [Member of 8-Mile]

1232M [Member of 8-Mile]

1233M [Member of 8-Mile]

8 Pictures of 1015M from Yellowstone Wolf Tracker : Pictures of 1015M

Source of these informations : 

Yellowstone Wolf Projects Annual Reports

(2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 08:47 PM by TheNormalGuy Edit Reason: Update ! )

Wolf #1047M 

[Fourth Alpha Male of The Junction Butte Pack]

a. Black wolf of Prospect Peak in 2017

b. Alpha Male of Junction Butte

c. Bred with 907F and fathered surviving pups in 2018. 3 yearlings of Junction Butte today are from this litter.

Recap

ID : #1047M

Birth Pack : 8-Mile

Ancestry : 

• Son of 909F & 871M
  • Grandson of 469F/695M

Packs : 8-Mile, Prospect Peak, Junction Butte

Lifespan : April 2014-

Status in Junction Butte : Alpha Male

Mates : 907F, 969F, UBF

Video : www.facebook.com/taylor.bland.5/videos/pcb.3543913318969515/3543911478969699/?type=3&theater

7 Pictures of 1047M from the website "Yellowstone Wolves : Tracking The Packs"

(2017, 2018, 2019)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast

Wolf #1048M [Current Beta Male of Junction Butte]

a.    Black Yearling of Prospect Peak in 2017.
b.  Dispersed in March 2017
c.    Member of Junction Butte in 2019
d.     Beta Male
e.   Bred 907F in 2017

Recap

ID : #1048M

Lifespan : April 2015

Ancestry : 

• Son of 821F & SW763M
  • Grandson of 469F/695M & ?/?

Packs : Prospect Peak, Junction Butte

Mate : 907F ?, 1109F, UBF ?

3 Pictures of 1048M from the website "Yellowstone Wolves : Tracking The Packs"

(2017, 2018, 2019)