There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellowstone Wolf Directory

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 08:40 PM by TheNormalGuy )

"White Line" or 761F

a.    Adult wolf of Druid in 2010
b.    Died of unknown natural causes in February 2010.
c.     She fought with the Lamar Canyon Alpha Female at a carcass and was late killed by either wolves or a mountain lion.

Recap

ID : #761F
Nickname : “White Line”
Sex : Female
Color : Gray
Lifespan : April 2007 - February 2010 [Nearly 3 years old]
Pack : Druid Peak
Ancestry : 
  • Daughter of 569F & 480M
  • Grand-Daughter of 286F/21M & 7F/2M
  • Great Grand Daughter of "Half-Black"/215M & 9F/10M & 9F/? & 5F/4M
  • Great Great Grand-Daughter of 42F/21M [Parents of "Half-Black"] & 48F/72M [Parents of 215M]
  • Great Great Great Grand-Daughter of 9F/10M [Parents of 21M], 27F/28M [Parents of 48F] & 39F [Mother of 42F]

"White Line" (761F) (Druid) (2010)

"Three-year-old “White Line” (761F) fought with the Lamar Canyon alpha female [The 06 Female or 832F] at a kill site and was later killed in the same area, possibly by wolves or a mountain lion"

Source : Yellowstone Wolf Project Annual Report 2010

Source of these informations : 
Yellowstone Wolf Projects Annual Reports
"Charting Yellowstone Wolves (25th Anniversary)"

(2010)

(The link to the Wolf Annual Reports is in the first post of the thread)

*Edit of this post will come in shorter or later moments  !*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Note* : I transferred this thread to my forum : The Domain of the Wolf and updated and added many informations from the multiples sources I red. Hope it is understandable.  Also, there is a problem with the spacing between texts sometimes which i can't fix. Sorry for the inconvenience it might cause.

Although all the informations are based from my review, searches and documentation of my searches on the Internet, some informations can be, and are, inaccurate due to new papers coming out, new genetics analyses, etc etc.

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 08:41 PM by TheNormalGuy )

Wolf #776F (Sister of "Spitfire")

a.    Member of the Lamar Canyon Pack in 2011
b.    Gray
c.     Sister of 926F
d.    Daughter of 832F and 755M
e.    Great Great Grand-Daughter of 9F

Recap

ID : #776F
Lifespan : April 2010- 2013 [Last seen at 2-3 years old]
Birth Pack : Lamar Canyon
Ancestry : 
  • Daughter of 755M and The “06 Female” (832F)
  • Grand-Daughter of 485F/? & 472F/113M
  • Great Grand-Daughter of 48F/72M & 40F/21M & 17F/34M
  • Great Great Grand-Daughter of 9F/10M [Parents of 17F & 21M], 27F/28M [Parents of 48F] & 39F [Mother of 40F]
  • Sister of “Spitfire” (926F)

(2011)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Note* : I transferred this thread to my forum : The Domain of the Wolf and updated and added many informations from the multiples sources I red. Hope it is understandable.  Also, there is a problem with the spacing between texts sometimes which i can't fix. Sorry for the inconvenience it might cause.

Although all the informations are based from my review, searches and documentation of my searches on the Internet, some informations can be, and are, inaccurate due to new papers coming out, new genetics analyses, etc etc.

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast

Wolf #777M

a.    Dispersed from the Blacktail pack in November 2011 but returned before year end.
b.    Killed as a member of Junction Butte by other wolves in August 2012 (Mollie’s)
c.  He had been to Agate Creek shortly in 2012 before joining the Junction Butte Pack

Recap

ID : #777M

Sex : Male

Lifespan : April 2010 - August 11th 2012 [2 years old]

Packs : 
  • Blacktail Deer
  • Agate Creek
  • Junction Butte
 Ancestry : 
  • Son of 778M & either 642F, 692F or 693F

(2011, 2012)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 08:41 PM by TheNormalGuy Edit Reason: Update ! )

Famous Wolf 778M aka "Big Brown" 

[Second & Longtime Alpha Male of The Blacktail Deer Plateau Pack] 

[Last Known Druid Peak Pack Wolf]

a.    Alpha Male of Blacktail Plateau in 2010, 2011, 2012
b.    Gray
c.     Great Grandson of 9F

Recap

ID : #778M

Nickname : “Big Brown”

Color : Gray/Brown

Lifespan : 2008 ? - November 2016 [8 years]

Packs : 
  • Druid Peak
  • Blacktail
  • Slip' N' Slide 
Status in Blacktail : Alpha

Ancestry : 
  • Grandson of 2M and 7F
  • Great Grandson of 9F
Mates : 
  • 642F
  • 692F
  • 693F 
Descendance : 
  • 777M
  • 829F
  • Famous Wolf 890M aka "Patch" [Current Alpha Male of Mollie's]*
  • Famous Wolf 911M aka "Puff" [Founder of The Junction Butte Pack]*

Descendance Legacy [Descendance Pups that produced known pups] Blue if alive :

907F [Grand-Daughter] [Daughter of "Puff"] [Former longtime Alpha Female of Junction Butte] [Now a breeding female of the pack]

969F [Grand-Daughter] [Daughter of "Puff"]

1109F [Grand-Daughter & Great Grand-Daughter] [Daughter of 890M & 907F or 969F] [1 of the Breeding Females of Junction Butte]

"UBF" [Grand-Daughter & Great Grand-Daughter] [Daughter of 890M & 907F or 969F] [Current Alpha Female of Junction Butte]

Living Legacy [Descendance pups that have yet to produce pups or known pups [# or nicknamed] :

1238M [Grandson] [Son of 890M] [Member of Mollie's]

Yellowstone Wolf Projects Annual Reports and "Charting Yellowstone Wolves (25th Anniversary)"

(2012)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-07-2022, 08:05 PM by TheNormalGuy Edit Reason: Update ! )

Famous Wolf #779F [Fifth & Longtime Alpha Female of Mollie's]

a.    1 of the 2 remaining collared wolf of Mollie’s in 2011.
b.    Black Wolf of Mollie’s (Still) in 2014
c.     Gave birth to 5 pups in 2013
d.    Gave birth to 6 pups in 2014.
e.    Gave birth to 4 pups in 2016.
f.      Died in March 2018 of unknown natural causes

Recap

ID : #779F
Color : Black
Lifespan : April 2010- April 2018 (8 years)
Packs : Mollie’s
Ancestry : 
  • Daughter of 486F and 495M. 
  • Grand-Daughter of 48F/72M & 174F/193M
  • Great Grand-Daughter of 27F/28M & ?/? & 5F/6M & 18F/8M
  • Great Great Grand-Daughter of 4M [Father of 6M & 8M], 5F [Mother of 8M], 9F/10M [Parents of 18F]
  • Sister of 686F
Mates : 890M ("Patch"), 980M

Descendance : 
  • 924F
  • 978F/1239F [Former Alpha Female of Mollie's] [Now a breeding female of the pack]*
  • 979F
  • 1013M
  • Famous Wolf 1014M [Current Alpha Male of Wapiti Lake]*
  • Famous Wolf 1015M [Current Alpha Male of 8-Mile and Former Alpha Male of Wapiti Lake]*
  • 1090F [Current Alpha Female of Mollie's]*
  • 1118F 
  • 1155M [Currently a lone wolf]

Descendance Legacy [Descendance Pups that produced pups] In blue if alive :

1104F [Grand-Daughter] [Daughter of 1015M] [Localized in Grand Teton NP]

1106M [Grandson] [Son of 1015M] [Alpha Male of Phantom Lake]

Living Legacy [Descendance Pups that have yet to produce pups or known pups [# or nicknamed] :

1156M [Grandson] [Son of 1015M] [Member of 8-Mile]

1201F & 1203F [Grand-Daughters] [Daughters of 1015M] [Members of Wapiti Lake]

1230M, 1231M, 1232M, 1233M [Grandsons] [Sons of 1015M] [Members of 8-Mile]

1234M, 1235F, 1236M [Grandsons/Grand-Daughters] [Sons and daughters of 1014M] [Members of Wapiti Lake]

1238M [Grandson] [Son of 978F/1239F] [Member of Mollie's]

*This image is copyright of its original author

Credits : National Park Service (NPS)

"The gray wolf is 980M, the black wolf is 779F" 

Wolf 779F (Alpha of Mollie's) (2018)

"Long-time alpha female 779F’s reign ended when she died in late March 2018, possibly due to a kick from an ungulate while hunting. She was pregnant at the time. "

Source : Yellowstone Wolf Project Annual Report 2018

Yellowstone Wolf : Project Citizen Science

(2011. 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 08:41 PM by TheNormalGuy Edit Reason: Update ! )

Wolf #794F 
[Founding Alpha Female of The Mary Mountain Pack]

a. New collared alpha female of Mary Mountain in 2011.
b. Gave birth to 5 pups to 636M in 2011
c. Black wolf
d. Died from unknown natural cause in May 2012

Recap

ID : #794F
Lifespan : April 2008 - May 22th 2012 [4 years old]
Packs : Mary Mountain
Ancestry :
  • Daughter of 537F & 258M
Mate : 636M, 758M

Descendance : 
  • 818F
  • 819F
  • 826F

Yellowstone Wolf Projects Annual Reports and "Charting Yellowstone Wolves (25th Anniversary)"

(2011. 2012)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast

Wolf #820F

a.    Gray Pup of Lamar Canyon in 2012
b.    Killed in a control action operation in August 2013 
c.   Great Great Grand-Daughter of 9F

Recap

ID : #820F

Lifespan : April 2011-August  24th 2013 (2 years old) 

Birth Pack : Lamar Canyon

Ancestry : 
  • Daughter of 755M and The “06 Female” (832F)
  • Grand-Daughter of 485F/? & 472F/113M
  • Great Grand-Daughter of 48F/72M & ?/? & 40F/21M & 17F/34M
  • Great Great Grand-Daughter of 9F/10M [Parents of 17F & 21M], 27F/28M [Parents of 48F] & 39F [Mother of 48F]

(2012. 2013)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast

Famous Wolf #821F 
[Founding Alpha Female of The Prospect Peak Pack]

a.    Collared as a yearling in 2012 amongst the 8-Mile Pack
b.    Beta female in 2012
c.     Gray
d.    Part of Prospect Peak Pack from Early 2014.
e.    Bred with SW763M and had one of the litter of the pack.
f.      Gave birth to 4 pups in 2016, 2 survived to year end.
g.    Aged 7 in 2016
h.    Killed by other wolves in April 2017

Recap

ID : #821F

Lifespan : April 2009-April 2017 (8 years old)

Birth Pack : 8-Mile ?

Packs : 8-Mile, Prospect Peak

• Beta Female of 8-Mile in 2012
  • Breeding female in Prospect Peak in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017?
Ancestry :
  • Daughter of 469F & 695M
  • Grand-Daughter of 220F/534M (?)
  • Great Grand-Daughter of 7F/2M & 48F/72M
  • Great Great Grand-Daughter of 9F/? & 5F/4M & 27F/28M & ?/?
Mate : SW763M, 966M
Descendance : 
  • 996M [Member of Junction Butte]
  • 1012M
  • 1048M [Beta Male of Junction Butte]

12 pictures of 821F (From Yellowstone Wolf Tracker) : Pictures of 821F

Wolf 821F (Prospect Peak) (2017)

"Long-time alpha female 821F was killed by other wolves, possibly the Junction Butte pack, just a few weeks after giving birth. Likely her pups all died and her death left the pack with no working radio- collars."

Yellowstone Wolf : Project Citizen Science

(2012. 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast

Wolf #827M

a.    Gray Adult Wolf of Yellowstone Delta in 2012
b.    Hit by a car in South Western South Dakota in May 2012
c.     Son of 760M and weighing 145 lbs as a yearling in 2012

Recap

ID : #827M
Weight : 145 lbs in 2012 as a yearling
Birth Pack : Yellowstone Delta
Lifespan : 2010/2011-May 2012
Ancestry : 
  • Son of 575F and 760M
  • Grandson of 126F/487M & ?/?
  • Great Grandson of 14F/13M 
  • Brother of 828M

Yellowstone Wolf Projects Annual Reports

(2012)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 08:42 PM by TheNormalGuy )

Wolf #828M

a.    Son of 760M and weighing 106 lbs as a yearling in the Yellowstone Delta Pack in 2012.
b.     Hit by a vehicle in September 2013

Recap

ID : #828M

Weight : 106 lbs as a yearling in 2012

Birth Pack : Yellowstone Delta

Lifespan : 2011/2012-September 2013 (1-2 years)

Ancestry : 
  • Son of 575F and 760M
  • Grandson of 126F/487M & ?/?
  • Great Grandson of 14F/13M
  • Brother of 827M

(2012, 2013)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast

Wolf #831F aka "Daddy's Girl"

a.    Black Pup of the Canyon Pack in 2012
b.    Killed in a control action operation in May 2013

Recap

ID : 831F
Nickname : "Daddy's Girl"
Birth Pack : Canyon
Lifespan : April 2011-May 2013 (2 years old)
Ancestry : 
  • Daughter of "The White Lady" & 712M
  • Grand-Daughter of 540F/541M & 486F/193M
  • Great Grand-Daughter of 48F/72M [Parents of 486F & 540F] & 18F/8M [Parents of 193M]
  • Great Great Grand-Daughter of 5F/4M [Parents of 8M], 9F/10M [Parents of 18F] & 27F/28M [Parents of 48F]

(2012, 2013)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 08:42 PM by TheNormalGuy Edit Reason: Update ! )

The Iconic Wolf 832F aka "The 06 Female" aka "O-Six" 

[Founding Alpha Female of The Lamar Canyon Pack and Mother of "Spitfire" (926F)]

a.    Born in 2006, in Agate Creek to the alpha pair (113M and 472F)
b.    She was then known as the “06 Female”
c.     Gray
d.    Founder with 755M and his brother 754M of the Lamar Canyon Pack in February 2010.
e.    She bred with 755M and gave birth to 4 pups in 2010.
f.      She bred with 755M and gave birth to 5 pups in 2011.
g.    Gave birth to 4 pups in 2012
h.    Harvested in December 2012.
i.      Great Grand Daughter of 9F

Recap

ID : #832F

Nickname : The “06 Female” aka "O-Six" aka "The She-Wolf"

Birth Pack : Agate Creek

Lifespan : April 2006-December 6th 2012 (6 1/2 years old)

Packs : 
  • Agate Creek
  • Lava Creek
  • Lamar Canyon
Status in Lamar Canyon and Lava Creek : Alpha Female

Ancestry : 
  • Daughter of 472F and 113M
  • Grand-Daughter of 40F/21M & 17F/34M
  • Great Grand-Daughter of 9F/10M [Parents of 17F & 21M] & 39F [Mother of 40F]
Mates : 
  • Many wolves in 2009
  • 754M [She bred both 754M & 755M in 2010, then only with 755M in 2011 & 2012]
  • 755M

Descendance : 
  • 776F*
  • 820F*
  • 859M aka "Prince"
  • Famous Wolf 926F aka "Spitfire" [Longtime Alpha Female of Lamar Canyon]*
  • "Butterface" [Female]
  • "Middle Gray" [Female]*

Descendance Legacy [Descendance pups that produce known pups] Blue if alive :

"Little-T" [Grand-Daughter] [Daughter of 926F] [Current Alpha Female of Lamar Canyon]

Living Legacy [Descendance pups that have yet to produce pups or known pups (# or nicknamed) :

1197F [Grand-Daughter or Great Grand-Daughter] [Daughter of either 926F or Little-T*] [Member of Lamar Canyon]

"Two-Dot" [Grand-Pup or Great Grand-Pup] [Pup of either 926F or "Little-T"*] [Member of Lamar Canyon]

Note : Little-T is the presumed mother of 1197F & Two-Dot because she was alpha female at that time.

Members of The Lamar Canyon pack including three collared wolves: 754M, 755M [Alpha Male] , 832F [The 06 Female and Alpha Female]  (at top of photo), March 2012.

(2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast

Famous Wolf 838M aka "Big Blaze" 

[Founding Member of The Blacktail Deer Plateau Pack]

[Third Alpha Male of The Agate Creek Pack & Founding Member of The Junction Butte Pack]

a.    One of the 5 yearling Druids males that followed 302M to form the Blacktail Deer Plateau Pack in 2008
b. Brief Alpha Male of Agate Creek in 2010
c.    Overthrown by 641M in Early June 2010
d.    Joined Junction Butte after a brief stay in the Agate Creek pack
e.    Killed by other wolves in June 2012 (Mollie’s)
f.      Black Wolf
g.    Great Grandson of 9F

Recap

ID : #838M

Nickname : « Big Blaze »

Packs : 

- Druid Peak
- Blacktail Deer Plateau 
- Agate Creek
- Junction Butte

Lifespan : April 2007 – June 1st 2012 (5 years old)

Ancestry : 
  • Grandson of 2M and 7F
  • Great Grandson of 9F
Mates : 471F, 472F, "Ragged-Tail" [Possibly the father of her 2012 litter]

Descendance :
  • 869M
  • 906M 

(2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast

Wolf #869M

a.    Gray pup of Junction Butte in 2013

Recap

ID : #869M
Pack : Junction Butte
Lifespan : April 2012-2014
Ancestry : 
  • Son of "Ragged-Tail" & an unknown male (Possibly 838M aka "Big Blaze")
  • Grandson of 486F/495M & ?/?
  • Great Grandson of 48F/72M & 174F/193M
  • Great Great Grandson of 5F/6M [Parents of 174F], 18F/8M [Parents of 193M], 27F/28M [Parents of 48F]
  • Great Great Great Grandson of 4M [Father of 6M & 8M], 5F [Mother of 8M], 9F/10M [Parents of 18F]

Credits : National Park Service (NPS)

(2013)

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 08:42 PM by TheNormalGuy Edit Reason: Update ! )

Wolf #870F 
[Second Alpha Female of The Junction Butte Pack]

a.    Gray Adult Wolf of Junction Butte in 2013
b.    Alpha Female of Junction Butte in 2013 and 2014
c.     Injured in 2013 (Neck) by the Prospect Peak pack.
d.    Loner in 2015
e.    Died in March 2015 from malnutrition

Recap

ID : #870F

Lifespan : April 2011 - March 18th 2015 (Near 4 years old)

Ancestry :
  • Daughter of 486F & 495M
  • Grand-Daughter of 48F/72M & 174F/193M & ?/? & ?/?
  • Great Grand-Daughter of 5F/6M [Parents of 174F], 18F/8M [Parents of 193M], 27F/28M [Parents of 48F]
  • Great Great Grand-Daughter of 4M [Father of 6M & 8M], 5F [Mother of 8M], 9F/10M [Parents of 18F]
Packs : 
  • Junction Butte
  • Prospect Peak
Mate : 911M, 890M aka "Patch"

Descendance : 
  • 968F
  • 995F

32 Pictures of 870F from the website "Yellowstone Wolves : Tracking The Packs"

"Gray wolf (Canis lupus) 870F of the Junction Butte Pack in the winter, Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, United States of America, North America"

Credits : James Hager

(2013, 2014, 2015)