There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What has happened to this site???

United States NCAT33 Offline

There used to be regular updates on lion activity at the different parks and surrounding areas, and the prides/coalitions and their stories. Now there's only discussions about the size of lions in certain areas, which is not that interesting quite frankly.
2 users Like NCAT33's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 01-30-2019, 04:07 AM by Pantherinae )

You are welcome to start a discussion and even new threads for you’re self if you like. 

The members here are discuss what we find interesting with animals, everyone can discuss what ever they want and you can as well. 

It’s true that most here find predation, strength and size interesting, but we like induviduals and coalitions interesting too, If you want to share something you are welcome to do so. 
Personally I haven’t found a new coalition that I connect especially much with after the mapogos, majingilanes, notches or Renoka&Lekan. If I do I will probably dig into them.... :)
1 user Likes Pantherinae's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 01-30-2019, 07:55 AM by Rishi )

(01-30-2019, 03:20 AM)NCAT33 Wrote: There used to be regular updates on lion activity at the different parks and surrounding areas, and the prides/coalitions and their stories. 

Agreed.
The most discussed topics usually keep changing with time... or some posters maybe less active recently.

You should try to nudge the attention that way or follow the parks' official sources & post the updates here yourself. That'll get other member to chip in too.
2 users Like Rishi's post

France Silver60 Offline

Without the Majingilanes lion's world is not the same anymore Disappointed
3 users Like Silver60's post

Musa15 Offline

My theory is that some people have been put off by the events of the demise of the young Mhangeni males, particularly by the way it was handled by the rangers who witnessed it.
1 user Likes Musa15's post

Romania AbcXyz Offline
Banned

(04-16-2019, 03:44 AM)Musa15 Wrote: My theory is that some people have been put off by the events of the demise of the young Mhangeni males, particularly by the way it was handled by the rangers who witnessed it.

My theory is that the moderator of this section quit the job (or stopped being active for some reason) and the admins didn't find yet a replacement.
1 user Likes AbcXyz's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Well, things never remain same for everyone. With time everyone get new responsibility and challenge, this is also true for our Lion moderators and Lion enthusiast. Now they are busy. Less time to post and follow other website.

But I am sure in future younger generation will come and take the charge, I know many of the good poster still lurking around the forum and they can take lead in filling the lion section with new and update information of king of beast. So its just matter of time.

If someone want to talk, they can send us PM.
1 user Likes sanjay's post

United States sundarbans Offline

(04-16-2019, 03:44 AM)Musa15 Wrote: My theory is that some people have been put off by the events of the demise of the young Mhangeni males, particularly by the way it was handled by the rangers who witnessed it.

What was particularly off-putting about their demise (apart from young lions dying which is never nice but is very common) and how did the rangers mishandle the situation? I thought the Mhangeni boys simply could not hunt enough prey to sustain themselves. Starvation is tragic but common.
2 users Like sundarbans's post

Romania AbcXyz Offline
Banned

(04-17-2019, 01:47 AM)sundarbans Wrote:

What was particularly off-putting about their demise (apart from young lions dying which is never nice but is very common) and how did the rangers mishandle the situation? I thought the Mhangeni boys simply could not hunt enough prey to sustain themselves. Starvation is tragic but common.

Some died from mange, which is also a consequence of starvation.
1 user Likes AbcXyz's post