There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tigers of North-Eastern India

parvez Offline
Tiger enthusiast

@Ashutosh yes this was from last year. I saw it only today.perhaps he was saying them Siberian as they have coats of Siberian and live in snow conditions. But I agree he should get awareness about tigers. Nevertheless atleast after criticism, he should have removed the tweet is what I feel.
1 user Likes parvez's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 07-18-2019, 08:09 AM by Rishi )

(07-17-2019, 09:02 PM)Ashutosh Wrote: Mr.Rijeju needs some awareness about tigers. Those are most definitely not Siberian tigers. Possibly, Bengal or Indochinese or some sort of mix. If high level officials are so ignorant and spreading misinformation, we have many unnecessary problems.

Did he tweet this today? Because this came out last year. Plus, the Mishmi tribe have been living with the tigers for centuries and have their life philosophies based around the interaction with tigers.
(07-17-2019, 09:09 PM)parvez Wrote: @Ashutosh yes this was from last year. I saw it only today.perhaps he was saying them Siberian as they have coats of Siberian and live in snow conditions. But I agree he should get awareness about tigers. Nevertheless atleast after criticism, he should have removed the tweet is what I feel.

Since some media outlets came up with headlines like "Snow tigers caught on camera in Arunachal" he (or his Tweeter handler) may have gotten it wrong.
Not everybody is well aware of these things, most like just googled before writing the post. Huh

parvez Offline
Tiger enthusiast

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like parvez's post

parvez Offline
Tiger enthusiast

Manas tiger,

2 users Like parvez's post

parvez Offline
Tiger enthusiast

Kaziranga tigers,

CourtesyNo commentetty images

3 users Like parvez's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators

Fully adult problem tiger relocated to Manas from a human settlement in Shivasagar district near Kaziranga after killing 2 people, captured & recaptured in subsequent census.

The radio collar, to fall off after battery dies, was fitted by the International Fund for Animal Welfare-Wildlife Trust of India (IFAW-WTI).

2011. Picture by Jimmy Bora.

5 users Like Rishi's post

parvez Offline
Tiger enthusiast

Kazi ranga tigers,

https://images.app.goo.gl/MhBW4YARQ8xaPkjL8

5 users Like parvez's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor

Great pictures @parvez, the last one has an abnormally small head or a massive body. Either way, that is an impressive tiger. Any names or specifically numbers on these individuals?

parvez Offline
Tiger enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 07-24-2019, 05:03 PM by parvez )

@Ashutosh i must search for their ids or number from pictures of 2014 census. Now I don't know their names.

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor

That’s alright, @parvez. No need to stress yourself. I was just curious about the last one. Thanks for the picture, though.
1 user Likes Ashutosh's post

parvez Offline
Tiger enthusiast

Orang tigers,

6 users Like parvez's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-28-2019, 10:18 AM by Rishi )

Royal Bengal tiger was captured on camera at the Pangolakha Wildlife Sanctuary in East district by the Sikkim Forest Department, in Sikkim.

The big cat was caught on camera near Goru Jurey at an altitude of 9,583ft (2920 m).

This tiger was trapped at Gamthangpu above Lachen in north Sikkim and has got the state talking. 

The national animal was spotted at an altitude of 3,600 m above sea level.

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like Ashutosh's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 07-28-2019, 09:38 AM by Rishi )

Not the first image. That's from Uttrakhand 2016... https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-huge-ti...ttarakhand
3 users Like Rishi's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor

Thanks @Rishi, for pointing it out. My bad. I got duped by this news article.

https://nenow.in/north-east-news/royal-bengal-tiger-spotted-camera-sikkim.html
3 users Like Ashutosh's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 07-30-2019, 05:09 PM by Pckts )

looking4lions

This was my first ever wild tiger. In the flesh. We were sitting in a Jeep in Kaziranga National Park, watching some chital and one horned rhino across the river, when for some inexplicable reason I turned my head to look up the road. And there he stood. My heart skipped a beat, in fact I think it skipped several beats - and my breath was so caught in my chest I managed a half whispered half exasperated TIGER! He was looking straight at us, and though he was far away I could tell by his body language that he was uneasy and was not going to stand there for long! We fumbled to get the camera out and I couldn’t keep the lens steady enough to get a clear picture, couldn’t focus on him long enough through the lens because I didn’t want to miss him for a split second in real life. I was caught off guard by his immense size - he seemed to fill the forest with his presence , but at the same time was innately part of it. It may not be the best picture, but the moment is branded in my mind when the distant dream of this big cat suddenly became a reality. What a blessing and a privilege. Happy #internationaltigerday .

We're pretty lucky that she has first hand experience with capture and collaring Lions so I asked how this Kaziranga Male compares.
I'll update if she get's back to me.

cestcommecacestlavie

This time, we had to wait a long time to get a glimpse of the #royalbengaltiger. It began with the alarm calls of deer. Unlike the last sighting where we were really close, this time I had to stand on the frame of the jeep and scan the area for a while before the royal highness appeared from among the tall grass. He gracefully walked up to the water body, sat there, took a few slurps of water and then walked away when a group of water buffaloes appeared from the side.
This sighting was in the western zone of the #kaziranganationalpark. What a great day it was!

cestcommecacestlavie

One-eyed tiger sighted at #kaziranganationalpark, Eastern Zone

9 users Like Pckts's post