There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tigers of Central India

Rishi Offline
Moderators

(04-03-2020, 08:57 PM)Pckts Wrote: Rocket, famous Male sub adult tiger from Tadoba which stayed with her mother for 4 years almost and even killed a leopard while protecting current cubs of her mother.

*This image is copyright of its original author

Damn!.. That's a rarest of rare occurrence. And I never heard of him before.
Please, can you make a post on him at Tiger Directory compiling whatever is known about him?

(04-03-2020, 09:26 PM)SuSpicious Wrote: Who is the tiger in the last video?

Chhota Matka.
3 users Like Rishi's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-04-2020, 01:22 AM by Ashutosh )

@Rishi, I know of one other case of an adult tiger living with his mother way beyond dispersing age and it is from Bandhavgarh. The last successful litter of Charger(the original one who ruled from 1991-97 and died in 1999) and Sita had a cub who had a bum hind leg and was called langru (naturally, what creativity). 

Anyway, since this cub was from Sita’s 3rd litter (she lost her 4th litter while she was allegedly poached when she was raising her fifth) and Charger’s power had shrunk to a small range because of his own son B2 (Sundar), this cub (Langru) was seen with his parents till he was 4 years old when his mother Sita disappeared from suspected poaching after which Charger himself survived by scavenging. Sita and Charger both didn’t mind Langru sticking around with new litters on the scene. But, during this familial setup, Charger was seen to bring food for Sita and Langru and it was the only time I had seen a tiger parent couple take care of a tiger way beyond their maturity. Plus, tigresses themselves leave cubs born with a handicap to starve and die, so it was an exception in this sense as well.

@Pckts the second tiger you posted on #1542 has a hell of a ruff.
6 users Like Ashutosh's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor

@Aditya Panda

DJ tigress and 8 month old cubs.

4 users Like Ashutosh's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Durgesh Pench
Khursapar Pench
Handsome Male
M.H 2020

Durgesh Urkude
Mel Tiger Photo From Mr, Endrnil Dani 2019 At Pench Tiger Reserve MH, Sillari gate

5 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

T 46 mukki zone

26/1/20 — with Rajendra Jhariya.

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

Handsome male probably had his best season yet, he was probably the most bulkiest tiger out of the Pench/Kanha region for me personally. same with Garhi, Umarpani, Mukhtar, Jamuntola and Bhaisanghat. 

here is Tarzan, he's massive and probably one of the longest/tallest tiger out of Central India proportionately but i don't think he was in the league of the others i mentioned. 2018 and 2019 year, no doubt. Tarzan at full strength is a different tiger altogether. 

6 users Like Roflcopters's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Wagdoh back in better days looking strong

Sharad Bandhavgarh‎

Rishi Offline
Moderators

@peter  @GuateGojira I'm thinking of making an index thread. Is that something you'd think useful? 

PM me links of the posts along with desired headlines.
1 user Likes Rishi's post

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher

(04-18-2020, 08:36 AM)Rishi Wrote: @peter  @GuateGojira I'm thinking of making an index thread. Is that something you'd think useful? 

Interesting proposal, I will found it usefull, but can you put an example of how we can use it? I mean, I guess that is to found easier data, correct?

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 04-18-2020, 08:49 AM by Rishi )

(04-18-2020, 08:39 AM)GuateGojira Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 08:36 AM)Rishi Wrote: @peter  @GuateGojira I'm thinking of making an index thread. Is that something you'd think useful? 

Interesting proposal, I will found it usefull, but can you put an example of how we can use it? I mean, I guess that is to found easier data, correct?

Just send me one PM link with headline. I'll create a temporary thread as an example, so you can see.

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher

(04-18-2020, 08:45 AM)Rishi Wrote: Just send me one link with headline. I'll create a temporary thread as an example, so you can see.

Ohhh, ok. Like

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-18-2020, 11:18 PM by Rage2277 )

big bam i love this somewhat bear like build of the charger line in bandhavgarh
8 users Like Rage2277's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

4 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Milap A Solanki‎
L-Mark Male from Pench

Rituraj Jaiswal‎