There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
Tiger Predation

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 02-11-2019, 03:51 AM by Pantherinae )

(02-10-2019, 08:24 PM)Roflcopters Wrote: It’s definitely not Wagdoh.

It sure looks like him for me. And a guide says it is him. 

Why are you so sure it isn’t him?
1 user Likes Pantherinae's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

Wagdoh was a massive male from any distance, the tiger in the video seems fairly average. if someone could get a good shot of the stripes. perhaps we could trace the identity.
1 user Likes Roflcopters's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-12-2019, 06:01 PM by Shadow )

That video and is it Wagdoh or not. I tried to have some still photos so, that stripes there as visible as possible. It is pretty difficult with a running tiger, maybe with some better tools someone could get better results. When tiger is running some stripes can be seen in one frame and in another not.... Stripes on neck are not there in these photos but in some parts of that video there seems to be some :)

But here two still frames from that video.

Attached Files Image(s)

3 users Like Shadow's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(02-12-2019, 02:38 PM)Roflcopters Wrote: Wagdoh was a massive male from any distance, the tiger in the video seems fairly average. if someone could get a good shot of the stripes. perhaps we could trace the identity.

Well I have never considerd him that big, in summer when he lost weight he seemed like a big male, but no giant. And I know many here would disagree, and I know many photagraphers have seen him and claimed him as a giant (my father included). But to me personally he dosen’t look enormous. 

This video is of him in the summer, he dosen’t look bigger than the tiger in the video. And the video was shot in 2016 I was told, so maybe a little out of his prime, and skinny that is not surprising he dosen’t Look so big? That video for sure looks like him, and even from a distance he has the charactaristic Wagdoh face.
1 user Likes Pantherinae's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(02-12-2019, 04:38 PM)Shadow Wrote: That video and is it Wagdoh or not. I tried to have some still photos so, that stripes there as visible as possible. It is pretty difficult with a running tiger, maybe with some better tools someone could get better results. When tiger is running some stripes can be seen in one frame and in another not.... Stripes on neck are not there in these photos but in some parts of that video there seems to be some :)

But here two still frames from that video.

Thanks, hard to compare the stripes as the quality is of the video is rather bad, and it looks like he has mud on his hind-quaters. But it looks like Wagdoh without a doubt to me, I have never seen any other tiger from Tadoba it could be if it wasn’t him? 

But I’m not going to say I’m 100% sure, but I’m fairly confident it’s actually him.

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 02-12-2019, 08:19 PM by Pckts )

I disagree, if anything that tiger looks less like Wagdoh than before to me. Even his 2 large stripes over his shoulder dont match Wagdohs in the video you posted (behind the longest one that goes down to his bicep). We know Shiva, wagdohs son is a carbon copy of him and he has others out there. But to me that tiger lacks the head and neck size wagdoh displays,  also I thought the video was from 2017 not 2016?

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(02-12-2019, 08:01 PM)Pckts Wrote: I disagree, if anything that tiger looks less like Wagdoh than before to me. Even his 2 large long stripes over his shoulder dont match Wagdohs in the video you posted. We know Shiva, wagdohs son is a carbon copy of him and he has others out there. But to me that tiger lacks the head and neck size wagdoh displays,  also I thought the video was from 2017 not 2016?

I see the one big stripe is matched well with Wagdoh if you look closely. And it's hard to see all the details of the stripes, but they do seem to match very well. And I do also think the neck and head is perfectly matched that's what makes me so sure it's him. 

*This image is copyright of its original author

It's him, starting to get a little bit more sure now. Som of the thinner stripes aren't visible in the hunting video, but the thick ones are good. 

And no he said it was in 2016. When I asked him :)
3 users Like Pantherinae's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Ok, I'll give the benefit of the doubt. I still don't think the stripes match quite right in the face and arms but it's too blurry to make a stink about it. 
For now, I'll agree it's Wagdoh.

In regards to his size, that was never an issue to me, that Tiger looks to be a good sized male and there is no way to get a feel of his real size from that far off. But when he runs past the Gaur mother he looks solid to me.
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

I tried for curiosity to look that again. Really difficult one, from that video I couldn´t find a good spot, it just is what it is. Considering fast movement and how it makes stripes to "vanish" and variate all the time I find it impossible to be sure about anything. I marked to this photo places which I tried to compare and my opinion is, that it can be Wagdoh, which is on that biggest picture, but then again impossible to be sure. That facial part might be the best for comparison if there are not many tigers with that kind of pattern there. What comes to stripes on back, They seem to fit to Wagdoh, but so much blur...

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like Shadow's post

Sanju Offline

2 users Like Sanju's post

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

Amur tiger with wapiti kill

5 users Like Lycaon's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Viraj Raut‎ 

.................. Tadoba....................
Most beautiful tigress Madhuri 
Chasing tha wild boar 2018 summer

7 users Like Pckts's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators

(02-22-2019, 11:11 PM)Pckts Wrote: Viraj Raut‎ 

.................. Tadoba....................
Most beautiful tigress Madhuri 
Chasing tha wild boar 2018 summer

Great video they are very very fast
2 users Like epaiva's post

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

Ranthambhore - The Land Of Tigers - Sawai Madhopur-This video shows the entire sequence of events which Mr. Mritunjay Tiwary had posted a few days back. The problem of illegal cattle grazing is real, the picture we shared earlier was real (rather than photoshopped as some thought)

Do share if you like it.
3 users Like Rage2277's post

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

Sanjay Gogate

* Queen Spotty with Sambar Fawn kill *

3 users Like Lycaon's post