There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
Tiger Predation

India Vinay Offline
Banned

(11-05-2016, 02:52 AM)Apollo Wrote:

Total fake ... See those deer, they maintain minimum 100 meters away from the tigers even in closed area(fencing) but suddenly at 1:42 tiger catches one deer.(My guess they shot/injured the deer)

Entire project 'South China tigers re-wild in South africa' is nothing but farce.  Angry
4 users Like Vinay's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Tigress feeding on gaur kill

6 users Like Apollo's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 11-15-2016, 03:13 AM by Pckts )

Atul Dhamankar
Gaur kill.......................
Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve ,Chandrapur, Maharashtra
Nikon D800
Nikon 600mmf/4 VR2
Pls feel free to share......
Atul Dhamankar
[email protected]
Cell:- 7620792206, 9423619933

*This image is copyright of its original author

Yesterday morning I was witness a action packed drama of prey & predator, when Maya & her 3 cubs killed a full grown bull male Indian Gaur in front of me. Such things are seen very few times in Jungle & I was full of my 3-4 cards by these images. many more to come...........
Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve,Chandrapur, Maharashtra, India
Nikon D800
Nikon 600mm f/4 VRII
Pls feel free to share......
Atul Dhamankar
[email protected]
Cell:- 7620792206, 9423619933

Sanctuary Asia

One morning at the Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve, a pair of jackals had isolated a chital fawn and was about to bring it down when this tiger made its appearance. The exhausted fawn literally walked in the direction of the road where a number of tourist vehicles had stopped to take in the drama. Though momentarily distracted by the tourists, the tiger eventually took the fawn. There was no cruelty involved. In the jungle, the law is simple – eat or be eaten. Submit your images for the Sanctuary Wildlife Photography Awards 2016 here: http://bit.ly/292sCRL — with Aditya Laghate.

7 users Like Pckts's post

Russian Federation Diamir2 Offline

10 users Like Diamir2's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Abhinav Dhar

Terrible shot. 10am sunlight. Lousy angle. Ugly colours.

But a riveting moment! Arrowhead takes on a gigantic boar, almost the same size as her. An epic WWF-like battle ensues in a pond for 45 minutes to the sounds of her grunts and his blood curdling screams.

It ends as all battles do- the bloodied & muddied victor poses on top of the fallen. — with Ajit Singh Shekhawat, Devendra Shekhawat and Balendu Singh.

8 users Like Pckts's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Tigress killing a male sambar at Bandhavgarh

8 users Like Apollo's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

A very deserving award for this shot

Sanctuary Asia
Rani of Rajbhera: If the fear isn’t apparent in the whites of this sambar’s eye, then it is explicit in its desperate stance. Bandhavgarh’s Rajbhera tigress has four cubs to feed and she’s not letting dinner get away. The display of the unadulterated power of a full-grown tiger never fails to provoke awe. In this case, even though the sambar is more visible, the massive grasping paw of the tiger dominates the frame. Still, naturalist Naresh Singh says it took more than 20 minutes for the cat to take down the deer. And when she successfully did? The cubs arrived! — with Naresh Singh.

6 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Siddhartha Balakrishnan Photography

Tiger with a Gaur Kill
TATR
Gaur also know as the indian bison is classifies as a Vulnerable species as per IUCN . A adult gaur is massive and can weigh upto 1500kgs making them have a few natural enemies like the Tiger and the Marsh crocodile. Tigers hunt young or infirm gaur, but have also been reported to have killed healthy bulls weighing at least 1,000 kg (2,200 lb). When confronted by a tiger, the adult members of a gaur herd often form a circle surrounding the vulnerable young and calves, shielding them from the big cat. As tigers rely on ambush attacks when taking on prey as large as a gaur, they will almost always abandon a hunt if detected and met in this manner. A herd of gaur in Malaysia encircled a calf killed by a tiger and prevented it from approaching the carcass. In Nagarahole National Park, upon sensing a stalking tiger, a herd of gaur walked as a menacing phalanx towards it, forcing the tiger to retreat and abandon the hunt.

7 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Balamurali Parthasarathi Iyengar

A Kill And A Killer !!
" Tiger with Kill" @ ಮೈಸೂರು ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ.27th Nov 2016
It was our first safari of the trip. We had got an information from Forest department that their was a Gaur kill last night near the water body. As soon as we reached the spot we could find only Gaur body with half eaten we waited for an half an hour we are not able to sight the tiger.Again we took safari in evening still we were not able to sight.
Early next morning when we reached the same spot we couldn’t find the Gaur kill, Suddenly one of my friend spotted Tiger was having its big meal near the edge of the bush. By the time we could make any images it dragged the Gaur inside the bush as soon it saw our bus, We decided to wait till the mighty Tiger comes out we had hardly any mood to venture out in the forest.. After a prolonged wait of around an hour but their was no sign of luck. I was anyways having a content feeling of sighting my first tiger in the Kabini wild Like a usual scene in all tiger reserves, the area was now full with jeeps and canter. Always had an a dream to sight a tiger with kill it was an amazing one. He gave us a wonderful sighting. That's unforgettable moment in my life....
It was very rare for me to see tiger with kill it was my first experience. I was fortunate enough to see this tiger from Kabini with kill.It was very cloudy & early morning as a result it was difficult to get a sharp image...
Comments & Suggestions will be appreciated!
For more images:
https://www.facebook.com/Balamurali.Parthasarathi09/

8 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Bit Upon Borah added 2 new photos.

October 21, 2014 

A male elephant killed in tiger attack at kaziranga last night...

This is a very impressive kill, the guy reporting on it is a journalist and a resident of Kaziranga https://www.facebook.com/bitupon.borah

I'd say that is a very reliable report, what do you guys think?
9 users Like Pckts's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

I doubt, There are only 2 images and one statement in his wall with no other proof. Also dead elephant looks smaller.
More than 2 year old report and we have not seen any other such report which correlate this incident
4 users Like sanjay's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 12-07-2016, 07:40 AM by Pckts )

(12-06-2016, 11:47 PM)sanjay Wrote: I doubt, There are only 2 images and one statement in his wall with no other proof. Also dead elephant looks smaller.
More than 2 year old report and we have not seen any other such report which correlate this incident

Hopefully he responds but he'll get the benefit of the doubt in my book.

It's definitely a younger elephant though, I agree there.
3 users Like Pckts's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Tigress from corbett national park with a rhesus macaque kill

Tigress with monkey (Rhesus macaque) kill from corbett national park
5 users Like sanjay's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Tiger sisters take down Sloth Bear
http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/tigres...e=facebook
3 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 12-13-2016, 05:06 AM by Pckts )

(12-06-2016, 11:47 PM)sanjay Wrote: I doubt, There are only 2 images and one statement in his wall with no other proof. Also dead elephant looks smaller.

He did say it was true, hopefully he is able to find more reports on it but still pretty cool.

I wonder if this is the same report?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/...902721.cms

Another possibility

Sunny Singh Bhatti

April 27, 2013
Just heard from kaziranga forest rest house, that a 2 male Tigers had killed a wounded elephant, just near the entrance gate of the park. wow that's gonna be pretty exciting cannot wait to be there as soon as possible. For all the actions

A newer one
Aneeshgg Kjm

Dec 8
An Elephant killed by TiGer's near seethakulam... 1mth ago

5 users Like Pckts's post