There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
Tiger Predation

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(08-28-2020, 09:34 PM)Bitishannah Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 09:59 PM)Pckts Wrote:

That's not a predation, but a failed attempt!.

I know, we still tend to post failed attempts here as well.
2 users Like Pckts's post

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

*This image is copyright of its original author

DeepRajwar Wildlife Photographer-। Deadly attack of a tiger. ।

The matter is yesterday, that is Sunday, when he went to Teda village at around 12:30 o'clock in the afternoon to take the tigers of the same tiger, because for the last two days, his activity was seen around the Teda drain and walking on the road at night. Her video was shared by someone on social media..
And on Saturday there was alarm call of peacocks and Coves at the place. Although after a little wait, there was no other activity except the alarm call, I was back..
After a little wait on the drain I headed to Teda Choki then I met my elder brother Dhasmana ji who is very experienced in the field of wild life and has long been serving this area..
He said last night while going to Patkot I saw a tiger near the Teda drain so I said yes I saw the video this is the three cubs tigers that have been seen in this area for a long time..
Then he went to Ramnagar and I went above the Teda Choki.
It must have been 5 mins since their phone came in to say Deep come on the drain I just saw her crossing the road and going up so I went from there and got there quickly so they said she was upside down She went and said I don't have much experience here but she was in a hurry. So I said she didn't kill any cattle and she went to pick up her cubs and she said Deep cattle are feeding there so I He said, ′′ Let's go there, something is wrong and we came to the same place and stood by the car. Meanwhile, some acquaintances came and we started talking to each other. Then I saw a tiger on the road and I said, ′′ Our camera has come She disappeared from her eyes until she was removed. She was again looking at the herd of cattle. The whole matter was realized that she was looking for them to hunt and waited for the right chance. I was she disappeared again, then the bushes shook and the lightning rapidly happened that it took a long time to understand the brain and as long as the brain reacted, the tiger attacked the ekmaveshi with three cubs. Gave it..
The tiger took over the front and the other three cubs disappeared in the forest.
The attack was so fast that two cubs disappeared from picking up my camera to focus but I succeeded in capturing the mother and the third cub together.
Tigers hugged the cattle but the cattle was also trying to fail to kill her with her horns in her defense but she couldn't get through it. Finally, the tiger caught her throat and broke her neck with full force. Meanwhile, the herd and the cattle. Tried to save him but they all ran away from there in fear.
Due to the main road and on top of the day of holiday, there was a lot of crowd, so the tigers left it there and disappeared inside the forest while jumping with lightning...
But she did her thing and was counting her last breath
The whole event lasted only 2 minutes and in these two minutes she had disappeared after doing her work..
After 10-15 days of silence he has again made a cattle his mouthful..
Due to the case of the main road, the patrol of forest personnel had started under security..
Even after waiting till evening, she did not come back to pick up her prey and according to information, she dragged her prey into the forest at night..

The full credit of this sighting goes to Girish Dashamana ji, because of whom I was able to capture this rare incident in my camera..

I know looking at these pictures can be distracted but as a wildlife photographer it is my duty to present every color of nature to you. ।.
Be careful and stay safe....
9 users Like Rage2277's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

6 users Like Pckts's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Tigress feed on wild boar kill in Ranthambore

3 users Like Apollo's post

India Ashutosh Offline
Contributor

Two instances of tigers killing juvenile elephants have been reported - one from Bandipur where a 6 year old male juvenile was killed in the Kundakere Range and another was reported from Mudumalai National Park.

Noted tiger scientist K Ullas Karanth pointed out that tigers do kill elephants. He recollected that a few years ago, he had seen two tigers get together to pin down a six-foot-tall elephant. He explained that tigers hunt depending on the size of the elephant. 

“They do kill small calves and I have seen them stalk herds. They can kill a elephant calf fairly easily. Though elephants have no predators, the calves become easy prey. But there is danger when a tiger goes after a bull Gaur,” he added. 

https://www.newindianexpress.com/states/karnataka/2020/sep/20/tiger-preys-on-young-elephantin-bandipur-2199365.html

9 users Like Ashutosh's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

8 users Like Pckts's post

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-28-2020, 10:56 PM by Dark Jaguar )

credits: in the bottom of the pic.

3 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Bitishannah Offline

http://www.fao.org/3/a-am998e.pdf

King cobra and Indian cobra found inside tiger stomach
2 users Like Bitishannah's post

animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-05-2020, 10:38 AM by Rishi )

https://www.facebook.com/vkumawat/videos/10217001286256130Today marks a historic day at the beginning of the new season of Ranthambore When Arrowhead's young daughter Riddhi attacked a wild boar.. Remember , Riddhi is the daughter of Arrowhead , Granddaughter of Krishna & Great granddaughter of the famous tigress MACHALI Arrowhead's daughter Riddhi was completely hidden in the grass. Suddenly a wild boar came there. Riddhi attacked the wild boar. There were lots of crocodiles around the water's edge. Just then, a crocodile swiftly approached the wild boar and tried to free him from the tiger. But Tiger did not release the wild boar! Crocodiles attacked the tiger's back legs more than 2 times. Then tried to fight with the crocodile. The crocodile accepted its defeat and came back into the water. Riddhi dragged the wild boar inside the grass. Ranthambhore Today afternoon October 2020 Video - Vijay Singh

5 users Like Rage2277's post

animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-07-2020, 06:36 PM by Rishi )

Vemparala Venkata SubrahmanyamLife has to go on for this injured Indian gaur, apparently surviving a tiger attack and the wound was pretty fresh when we bumped into it. Tadoba - Moharli Gate - October 2020
8 users Like Rage2277's post

animal enthusiast

noor a while back first seeing this version
4 users Like Rage2277's post

animal enthusiast

sashidhar_vempala - The survivor. Lost the eye. Kept the winning lines. Fresh after a tiger attack, a water Buffalo. .
10 users Like Rage2277's post

animal enthusiast

gunda and gaur Ravi Golani
7 users Like Rage2277's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Scroll right
5 users Like Pckts's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

(10-14-2020, 11:53 PM)Rage2277 Wrote:
sashidhar_vempala - The survivor. Lost the eye. Kept the winning lines. Fresh after a tiger attack, a water Buffalo. .

This has been a tough fight. Photographer tells, that tiger was wounded too.
1 user Likes Shadow's post