There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Terai Tiger

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-27-2018, 11:13 AM by sanjay Edit Reason: corrected the formating )

Corbett Aadil
Hulk of Corbett
Jhirna Corbett TR
June 2018

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-27-2018, 11:10 AM by sanjay Edit Reason: corrected the formating )

Ashok Kashyap

A king that is handsome, hulk and fearless is one True king. While Tigers of tarai have been known best for their elusivenes, shyness and secretive nature. This tiger breaks all the notions of the previous known tigers in Dudhwa. He is bossy and denies to leave his ground. He is powerful and full of courage. Moreover he will terrify you to the depths of your core with his characteristic dreadful charge that he makes on the slightest of intrusion in his territory. The one wild tiger. Not many could stand in his presence and not one he cares to bless with his presence. He is fierce and dreadful and will show why a tiger of Terai is to be feared with. [/font][/color]
Charger Male
Dudhwa National Park

Siddharth Singh Master stroke by King of Dudhwa .. most difficult tiger to photograph in India
5 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-27-2018, 11:06 AM by sanjay Edit Reason: corrected the formating )

Siddharth Singh
our Charger Male .. only two head on record shots so far .. 

4 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-27-2018, 11:07 AM by sanjay Edit Reason: corrected the formating )

Tiger lover's page by Deepinder S.Ranger
This is the only time a tiger has charged at me-what a fright !

The huge male of Dhikala,appropriately named 'Charger'
Dhikala, Corbett

7 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 07-02-2018, 09:50 PM by sanjay Edit Reason: corrected the formating )

Ashok Kashyap

Snarl of the king..
Undoubtedly the most dreadful prince of Dudhwa. The words like "Don't mess with me" or "Stay away from me" fits best for this male tiger for we know he is a one powerful Ruler and a fearless beast of Dudhwa. The confident power packed walk with which he comes wearing a fierce snarl and his intense blazzing eyes when makes an eye contact is enough to send shivers down the spine. And you may be so engrossed locking eyes with him that you may hardly notice his frightening muscular body and built to kill looks. He could fire you up with so much energy for he is one of the most aggressive , ferocious and highly energized tiger that you could hardly stay in your comfort zone in his presence.Very few could stand and witness him for he is the one that tiger that charges fiercefully on the slightest of any intrusion.
Charger Male
Dudhwa National Park

13 users Like Pckts's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert
( This post was last modified: 07-02-2018, 11:08 PM by Roflcopters )

Scissor male, Rhino killer and Charger all have been competing for zone 1, my boy Gulrighat did a purge on all three. It’s good to see Charger back to full health, the war is far from over though. tfs!

Gulrighat male walking head on, none of those Central Indian tigers can compete with the males from Dudhwa. they are simply much taller, longer and with huge heads.
7 users Like Roflcopters's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Wow Dudhwa is geting popular . I think I must plan a visit there. It is only 200KM from Lucknow, My residential place
3 users Like sanjay's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 07-03-2018, 12:20 AM by Pantherinae )

(07-03-2018, 12:14 AM)sanjay Wrote: Wow Dudhwa is geting popular . I think I must plan a visit there. It is only 200KM from Lucknow, My residential place

You are lucky to have wild tigers so close! Dudhwa seems spectacular and sightings seems like they are getting more common!
2 users Like Pantherinae's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Siddharth Singh
Always nice to see a new face .. someone who has eluded me for 3 years .. finally Scissor Male .. a late evening shot .. and just a record shot .. i saw pug marks of him all through the season .. Morning Safari and Evening Safari .. and i had given up on the Bhadhraula Male .. not only holding up his front but facing someone like Charger Male .. This is a Tarie Male .. Ghost of Bhadhraula .. Scissor Male

Siddharth Singh
When i first saw her walking on the middle of the road at about 40 ft or so .. dense fog and very bad visibility .. she looked to me like a Sub Adult cub .. dwarfed by the size of the tiger she was walking with .. but then she turned out to be a fully grown up breeding adult .. between 6 to 8 years .. we just got a glimpse of another tiger who was the Male and the biggest male i have seen ever .. we heard them mating .. we could see the grass moving .. and then she walked out .. this is just a record shot from Kishanpur .. after 14 dry runs ..this was a pleasure to have witnessed 

Would love to know which male she was with.

"S" male is said to be larger than the Guilrighat Male and the real rhino killer

"Siddharth Singh No bhai S male has a Cap S written on forehead .. "S" .. Mark .. big and clear .. huge guy .. The real Rhino Killer also know or called by guides as Rhino Hitter .. thou most tigers in Rhino zone hunt and feed on rhino calf .. adults are also taken down and that is a joint effort by male and female .. if we look at Adult Rhino killing dates its mostly between Nov to Feb .. mating season of tigers .. hungry big two tigers .. will take down a adult rhino easily by injuring and then tirying it down .. have videos off how they do it .. can show you sometime .. when i got Tiger and Rhino .. i made videos to capture how tigers stalk rhinos"

Older post on Scissor male and the S male from 2013

Siddharth Singh
I was told about a Scissor Male Tiger at Dudhwa and then there was another male with a cut on the Nose seen by various tourists at Bhadraula Taal ...both tigers are same..scissor mark was matched so it was Scissor Male who had a healed up nose.This is New Dominant Male of Tourism Zone 1.That leaves us with the S male Tiger..The Rhino Killer..who is not leaving the fence now.4rth Male tiger is the Charger Male i saw..who again has a specific mark matched with this male.Meet the new king of Dudhwa..the fourth male to look out for when at Dudhwa Zone 1

Guilrighat Male is the one who is said to have given the Scissor male the cut nose.
6 users Like Pckts's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

Scissor male has ruled for a long time, he’s the oldest out of the four. looks like in the last fight with Charger. they both sustained serious injuries and Charger as a result was almost starving and forest department intervened and possibly treated him. @Pckts post #199 is when Charger was found starving around April/2017. 

looks like he has turned the tables, came back stronger and won the second round against Scissor male but it also looks like Scissor male hasn’t left the area. he’s maybe up to something. Charger at full strength vs Gulrighat would be quite a show down. throw in Rhino killer in the mix, even with a canine missing. he’s a force to be reckoned with.
4 users Like Roflcopters's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(07-03-2018, 12:14 AM)sanjay Wrote: Wow Dudhwa is geting popular . I think I must plan a visit there. It is only 200KM from Lucknow, My residential place

Seek out Siddharth Singh if you can, I'm sure he can provide you with a ton of good info on a future trip.
Dudhwa is definitely on my list for my next visit, no idea when that will be but I hope this years action entices new generations to go there, it needs to be observed.
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 07-10-2018, 09:30 PM by Pckts )

Narendra Upadhyaya
From the archives...................

Scissor male of Dudhwa National Park - Tiger Reserve...........

Never sighted without a furious charge............My favourite...........
Glad to know, he is back........

Narendra Upadhyaya
Happy Mother's Day, 2018...............

Proud mother of four cubs @ Kishanpur Wildlife Sanctuary - Dudhwa Tiger Reserve, U.P.
30th July, 2015

2 users Like Pckts's post

Mexico Shir Babr Offline

@Pckts
#208 Seems to be an error with the first five images, they wont appear.

Bigcat Enthusiast

(07-10-2018, 01:12 PM)Shir Babr Wrote: @Pckts
#208 Seems to be an error with  the first five images, they wont appear.

It was just emoji's, I've erased them.

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 07-14-2018, 03:00 AM by Pckts )

Anant Kaushik
The elusive Sambhar Road Male - Corbett - June - 2018

Corbett Aadil
The Hulk
Massive male Tiger of jhirna 
Jhirna Corbett TR
June 2018

Siddharth Singh
Scissor Male