There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Terai Tiger

parvez Offline
Tiger enthusiast

Rajaji tigress,

*This image is copyright of its original author

Corbett tiger,

5 users Like parvez's post

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

top tigress is parawali from corbett second tigress is likely from rajaji @parvez

parvez Offline
Tiger enthusiast

@Rage2277 The captions said those. I didn’t go deep. Must check the details.

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-22-2021, 11:39 PM by Ashutosh )

Corbett Males.

Grassland female.

Choti Parwaali, 2.5 years old and bold as can be. Bigger than her mother already, takes on her father Sambha.

Another female

4 users Like Ashutosh's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-25-2021, 12:31 AM by Ashutosh )

Dudhwa

5 users Like Ashutosh's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-25-2021, 09:28 PM by Ashutosh )

This male is from the edges of Rajaji Tiger Reserve:

6 users Like Ashutosh's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-26-2021, 10:32 PM by Ashutosh )

The Sitabani female is massive and here is her frame to confirm it:

A year ago, I came across her three cubs. This is what they looked like from June, 2020:

This is what they look this year in March (I would guess around 20 months old):

Her son is already bigger than her and she herself is huge. This is him:

Personally, I think Virat is the father. He is active in this zone and is the dominant male. It’s just a feeling, though.
6 users Like Ashutosh's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-27-2021, 09:44 PM by Ashutosh )

Gulrighat male.

Katarniaghat female.

5 users Like Ashutosh's post

parvez Offline
Tiger enthusiast

Corbett tigers,

6 users Like parvez's post

tigerluver Offline
Prehistoric Feline Expert
Moderators

Functional status of a wildlife corridor with reference to tiger in Terai Arc Landscape of India as requested by @parvez is attached.
3 users Like tigerluver's post

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

[color=var(--primary-text)]Sonu Dudhwa Liladhar[/color]

Interesting color on this tiger.

2 users Like Lycaon's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Deep Rajwar

When Virat reached Sitabani from Corbett. 
....... Very interesting story..........
Sitabani was filled with new energy after seeing his first tiger and Sitabani's desire to capture other tigers in his camera intensified especially the male tigers because male tigers are more shy than tigers and every Wildlife photographer's dream is to take pictures of male tigers but due to their shy nature they are rarely visible...
Again the same journey of waiting for hours has started but this time maybe luck was a bit more kind and luck did not make me wait long...
After almost a month, waiting on the main road in Sitabani in the evening, I heard a roar, through the hill in the far woods, I couldn't guess if it was a tiger or an elephant spark because an elephant stung on the road side. (Dung) was also read because of which I was confused because the voice came from a long distance...
In Kher, I got full concentration and started waiting for the sound to be made..
After a while, the voice was heard again which was the sound of the tiger's roar. Now I was confirmed that the tiger was sitting somewhere above but I could not understand why it was roaring.
Tigers especially roar at the time of meeting or fighting or when there is any danger...
Kher couldn't make an accurate assessment and went a distance to his math and stood up with his car in hopes of maybe drinking water down or hunting..
It must have been 5 am when this event was happening and after about 6 am I heard some bustle inside the woods like someone was walking...
I took the camera out of the car window eagerly and started waiting for the tiger to come...
But when there was a sound of the crumbling of trees and a loud spark was heard, I saw a herd of elephants coming out of the forest and growing further. Perhaps the shout was for me to clear our way because they saw my presence. And later I realized I was standing on a trail and it was their way to come...
No time wasted I started the car at a reasonable distance and waited for them to arrive and a few minutes later the herd came down the road and stopped to see me then went down the river and into the woods..
I had got a chance to take some photos but I couldn't understand whose voice I heard was that of tiger or of elephants....
The mind was saying that it was the voice of elephants and this thing seems right with their arrival but the heart was not willing to accept it and when it came to this rush and sat inside the car, I did not know.
I was not able to understand whether to stop or go but I listened to my heart in my eyes and made my mind to wait for some more time...
About 10 minutes after the herd of elephants left while I was waiting to listen to my heart I saw something yellow on the rear view mirror (car's dashboard showing the rear view) and As soon as I looked carefully, a voice came out of my mouth, the tiger came, the situation was such that the tiger was behind the tiger and almost half of the road..
I didn't want to miss this opportunity and I had no choice but to pull it out of the car.
I got down by catching the camera at a speed of lightning and it was up to the roadside by the time I got off and as soon as I turned the camera to him, he stopped looking at me. Maybe he didn't even understand what happened because the car was a perfect car. Opened the door and went down and this is where I got the chance to pull it...
Her size was so big that the heartbeats started increasing...
The distance must be at least 20 feet and my heart beat was running like a bullet train...
As soon as he saw me I pressed the camera shutter, it must have been a full sentence of 10 seconds..
He was in a good mood, maybe that's why he growled lightly. As if you are saying that I am leaving this time, not next time...
And he went to the place where elephants went while looking at me...
Later I understood he was chasing a herd of elephants because they had small children and tigers often kill baby elephants...
Managed to snap some photos of this tiger in Barhal....
Later when I posted this photo on social media, it went viral like fire
One of the tigers of Sitabani are less visible and on top of that such a big male tiger..
The biggest reason why it went viral was being Corbett's famous tigress shy boy who was named Virat because of his big size by wild lovers..
I didn't know that he is Virat when people called that Deep Bhai he is Virat how did Sitabani come..
I was surprised that this was Virat then I matched the lines of it myself with old photos so this was what was quite surprising how it got here from Corbett..
Probably because of his heavy deal dol and not getting his equal opponent he managed to make his limit here and still shows up to this day...
Hope to get this in my camera once again.............

5 users Like Pckts's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor

@Pckts, I have a hunch he is the father of Sitabani female’s current litter. I messaged Rajwar last month if he knew who was the Sitabani female’s partner, he said he didn’t know. Her son looks like him. (post #802)
3 users Like Ashutosh's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-08-2021, 06:01 PM by Ashutosh )

Dudhwa female (skip to 7:45).

Pilibhit female called Aaliya.

Corbett female.

3 users Like Ashutosh's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-25-2021, 12:15 AM by Ashutosh )

Tigress that strayed out of Valmiki Tiger Reserve is released back:

Another tigress was evacuated from an abandoned rubber factory and released in Dudhwa:

You can see the Dudhwa female is on a weighing scale. If anyone can get the measurements, please do so.
4 users Like Ashutosh's post