There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 10 Vote(s) - 2.3 Average
The Matimba coalition

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(07-01-2017, 04:23 AM)Chris Wrote: What happened to Nduna male?

He preferred to be on his own, and at some point he stayed with a pride(I don'tremember the name) that may have had a territory a bit away from their brothers. This isn't so strange on itself because they do this all the time but eventually meet up with all the coalition, but in his case I guess he was a bit more of a family man than his brothers and like that particular pride.

What I know about him dissapearing is that eventually wasn't seen anymore, he was thought to be older than his brothers.
1 user Likes Tshokwane's post

United States leocrest Offline

How did he compare to hairy belly in size?
1 user Likes leocrest's post

Chris Offline

That was weird because as a coalition of 6 they could easily taken over the majingilanes.
2 users Like Chris's post

Romania bdg79 Offline

The Matimbas were formidable specimens, to bad they didn't stay toghether or at least split into groups of three.
1 user Likes bdg79's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(07-01-2017, 08:02 AM)leocrest Wrote: How did he compare to hairy belly in size?

No idea, really. I guess that at first the difference must have been noticeable because of their age , but eventually they would have been fairly close.

United States sundarbans Offline

And what became of the three Northern Matimbas?
1 user Likes sundarbans's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(07-03-2017, 12:43 AM)sundarbans Wrote: And what became of the three Northern Matimbas?

Two of them are dead, and the last one I'm not sure. There were reports that he had a new young partner, but I don't know how accurate was that.

Chris Offline

Yes the Northern male is with the Rockfig male
2 users Like Chris's post

United States Fredymrt Offline

(07-01-2017, 06:59 AM)Tshokwane Wrote: He preferred to be on his own, and at some point he stayed with a pride(I don'tremember the name) that may have had a territory a bit away from their brothers.

he used to spent more time with the talamati/Nkuhuma breakaways and Hamilton's pride around Hoyo Hoyo Tsonga Lodge and Imbali Safari Lodge. He also moves right the way up to Talamati Kruger Camp and then disappeared .
3 users Like Fredymrt's post

United States stoja9 Offline
Banned

What is the biggest coalition? 6?
1 user Likes stoja9's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

Any coalition over 4 usually splits up soon after getting their first territory. But there have been coalitions bigger than 6, the skybeds in the kruger for example were originally 12 males but split up into multiple coalitions.
2 users Like sik94's post

United States vinodkumarn Offline
Vinod Lion Enthusiast

First confirmed sighting of Matimbas in Months.

Hairy Belly -Ginger in the Lower Sabie kruger National Park (July 11,2017). 

credits Shilpa sharma

*This image is copyright of its original author
8 users Like vinodkumarn's post

Austria Lionpower Offline

(07-11-2017, 07:26 PM)vinodkumarn Wrote: First confirmed sighting of Matimbas in Months.

credits Shilpa sharma

First sighting of the Matimba Males since a long time..on my birthday :) Thanks a lot! Nice to see them..
2 users Like Lionpower's post

United States vinodkumarn Offline
Vinod Lion Enthusiast

(07-11-2017, 08:44 PM)Lionpower Wrote:
(07-11-2017, 07:26 PM)vinodkumarn Wrote: First confirmed sighting of Matimbas in Months.

credits Shilpa sharma

First sighting of the Matimba Males since a long time..on my birthday :) Thanks a lot! Nice to see them..

@Lionpower  Happy Birthday!
2 users Like vinodkumarn's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

So that's eastern manyeleti/kruger boundary, ginger looks in okay shape too so I guess they have settled into their new life.
1 user Likes sik94's post