There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 10 Vote(s) - 2.3 Average
The Matimba coalition

T I N O Online
Moderators

(01-23-2021, 09:20 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Nothing sadly, he was last seen around the 16th in Londolozi.

Sad to hear this update. Hopefully he's still alive and doing well

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Matimba male roars his claims to the land at Dulini lodge - territory of Tumbela males. That is very bold and risky move from this old guy.

6 users Like Potato's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Hes looking in great condition, that wound in his face looks to have healed well

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(01-28-2021, 10:27 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Hes looking in great condition, that wound in his face looks to have healed well

It's from august last year.
2 users Like sik94's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(01-28-2021, 10:44 PM)sik94 Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 10:27 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Hes looking in great condition, that wound in his face looks to have healed well

It's from august last year.

Oh true, I did not even notice to be honest. My bad.

Australia Herekitty Offline

Whiteface and Slitnose at Manyeleti in 2014. Images by Astrid ABW.

*This image is copyright of its original author

3 users Like Herekitty's post

Australia Herekitty Offline

Ginger and HB at Manyeleti, Sept. 2013. Images by Radhika Jayasundera.

7 users Like Herekitty's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-29-2021, 04:27 PM by Tonpa )

Not a new sighting, but HB was spotted on the 16th January in malamala

photo by inmyw_ildestdreams
6 users Like Tonpa's post

Sikander Hayat

(01-29-2021, 04:26 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Not a new sighting, but HB was spotted on the 16th January in malamala

That's a horrible injury, looks bad in this picture.
1 user Likes sik94's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Yeah, at this point I hope he passes on soon (if he hasn't passed on already), can't be nice to slowly starve to death with a open facial wound.
1 user Likes Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-29-2021, 04:26 PM)Tonpa Wrote:

This very well might be the last sighting of Hairy Belly.. Bite marks on his back, either hyenas or other lions..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

United States LionLover84 Offline

(01-29-2021, 06:43 PM)Tr1x24 His face looks so dark. Maybe from the facial wound bleeding? He does seem to have had a scrap with another animal but the bite marks don’t look too bad. I read that some people think he may have TB but that can’t be confirmed. I hope he pulls through. Wrote:
(01-29-2021, 04:26 PM)Tonpa Wrote:

This very well might be the last sighting of Hairy Belly.. Bite marks on his back, either hyenas or other lions..

Sikander Hayat

Definitely had a good meal right before so won't be surprised if he pops up somewhere again lol.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-29-2021, 09:10 PM)sik94 Wrote: Definitely had a good meal right before so won't be surprised if he pops up somewhere again lol

He might go north, it would be awesome to see him on WildEarth Safari Live for 1 last time..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

(01-29-2021, 04:26 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Not a new sighting, but HB was spotted on the 16th January in malamala

Living legend!
1 user Likes T I N O's post