There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Good and Bad about WildFact - Need your suggestions

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 12-04-2018, 06:28 PM by Rishi )

(12-04-2018, 05:48 PM)Matias Wrote: For knowledge: @peter  @sanjay  @Rishi 

@Sanju 

How did you change completely changed the content of your initial post in this topic (Post #1), as a result, the message I posted is out of context and dissonant with yours. Think well when posting, the posted message can not be volatile, to be modified to well want.  All text is inserted in a context. Every topic needs to have a sequential history of messages, otherwise,  how to measure credibility and responsibility of what was originally posted.

As a suggestion for Wildfact: allow changes only for two to three hours from the initial posting. Formatting a message requires only a few minutes and two to three hours for regrets is enough. Allowing content change after days / weeks of posting, not good for the forum.

As you may have noticed, some rearrangement within the forum have been taking place to make it more organised. Maybe because of that...

Your post doesn't seem too out of place. I understand your inconvenience, but it is a person's right to modify his posts, no matter how old.
IMO making a post "unmodifiable" after being quoted atleast once, might be considered.

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

I agree @Matias. I will see what I can do for this.
1 user Likes sanjay's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Post modification should have a time limit... I agree

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 12-29-2018, 03:32 PM by Amnon242 )

I suggest that everyone has to tell their age
1 user Likes Amnon242's post

smedz Offline

Quick question, would it be okay if I went ahead and made a separate thread on Dhole and tiger interactions? I know this topic has been brought up quite a bit, but I just thought a separate thread on it might prevent it from being on other threads, and that the Dhole thread can be focused on other Dhole related stuff. But I'd like to know before I did that.

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Only make new thread if you think you(or other) can bring good amount of data over the time.

smedz Offline
( This post was last modified: 02-05-2019, 07:17 AM by smedz Edit Reason: I needed to say my decision. )

(02-04-2019, 10:25 AM)sanjay Wrote: Only make new thread if you think you(or other) can bring good amount of data over the time.

In that case, I think I'll go and do that. And why is it saying I'm in Romania when I live in the United States?

Australia GreenGrolar Offline
( This post was last modified: 03-28-2019, 02:02 PM by GreenGrolar )

Nothing to complaint about. The forum seems like a good one  Happy. Just one question, how long before I can post without my posts being moderated?
2 users Like GreenGrolar's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

(03-28-2019, 01:56 PM)GreenGrolar Wrote: Just one question, how long before I can post without my posts being moderated?

Max 5 days, and 5 posts. We have done this to avoid Scam and Spam from the new joiner that have bad intention. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

(03-28-2019, 02:31 PM)sanjay Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 01:56 PM)GreenGrolar Wrote: Just one question, how long before I can post without my posts being moderated?

Max 5 days, and 5 posts. We have done this to avoid Scam and Spam from the new joiner that have bad intention. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

No worries mate. Glad to be a member of this forum anyway.
1 user Likes GreenGrolar's post

smedz Offline

I just posted a tiger picture I drew in the art thread, and for some reason it's horizontal instead of sideways like I intended. Could someone explain why?

Smedz, a smililar thing has happen when I posted a picture on a different forum. For some unknown reason the picture ended up being upside down.

United Kingdom Sully Offline
Ecology & Rewilding

Not quite sure if this is the correct place to post but regardless, did Wildfact go down yesterday? It wouldn't work for me while every other site did

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Some time site get down due to hosts or ISP.

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast

There is probably a table function somewhere. It would be nice to have this option.