There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Good and Bad about WildFact - Need your suggestions

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

currently table option are manual, you need to post the shortcode yourself. I have documented it somewhere.. but not sure where
1 user Likes sanjay's post

anand3690 Away
आनंद
Thumbs Up 

Hello Admins,

During the last 1 year i lost my subscriptions three times to different threads, i am a regular member of these threads (not a poster) but i do visit daily to check on new information.

Please check if any issue with my account so that i wont lose the subscriptions in the future.

Thanks 
Anand

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 07-09-2020, 05:03 PM by Dark Jaguar )

@Lycaon @peter @Rishi and others.

One constructive criticism here.

is there a way to put an option to see the previous posts? I mean its only the last 10 post available to see so whoever sees the forum late will miss earlier posts in case there are many posts in one single day.

My point is, is there a way to apply an option like the one bellow with a ''SEE MORE'' option for the ones who checks the forums late??

here's what I mean.

*This image is copyright of its original author

I think that way it would open more than the 10 last posts thus the forum would be more practical and better. what do you guys think about the idea??
1 user Likes Dark Jaguar's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 07-09-2020, 05:13 PM by Rishi )

(07-09-2020, 05:02 PM)Dark Jaguar Wrote: is there a way to put an option to see the previous posts? I mean its only the last 10 post available to see so whoever sees the forum late will miss earlier posts in case there are many posts in one single day.

Not in the forum's current form... @sanjay can tell if it's possible to expand the latest replied list.

I've also seen some forums has the "last seen" option where they take you to the last post members had seen at their previous visit to that thread, not the latest post of the thread.
1 user Likes Rishi's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

(07-09-2020, 04:48 PM)anand3690 Wrote: Please check if any issue with my account so that i wont lose the subscriptions in the future.
This happened due to technical reason. We have to remove all type of subscription from your database. We are really sorry for this bad experience. And hope this will not happen in future.

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

@Dark Jaguar
There is no easy way to see all missed post. The work around is that, you can see the thread which have unseen posts by you is in bold text. This appear when you visit forum pages listing threads.
Also, at home page you will see icons of claws, the faded one means you have seen posts from this forum and its sub section.

I have increase it to 15 for now.
Also, I will see if I can do something more friendly here. Once again sorry for the bad experience.
2 users Like sanjay's post

Jaguar Enthusiast

(07-09-2020, 09:19 PM)sanjay Wrote: @Dark Jaguar
There is no easy way to see all missed post. The work around is that, you can see the thread which have unseen posts by you is in bold text. This appear when you visit forum pages listing threads.
Also, at home page you will see icons of claws, the faded one means you have seen posts from this forum and its sub section.

I have increase it to 15 for now.
Also, I will see if I can do something more friendly here. Once again sorry for the bad experience.

@sanjay

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.  Happy  Like

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

@sanjay or @Rishi could any of you guys include the post #230 from the modern weights and measurements of jaguars into the Index thread? This is because we are constantly updating the table so it would be nice to have it bookmarked and readily available as well.
1 user Likes Balam's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 07-09-2020, 10:32 PM by Rishi )

(07-09-2020, 09:19 PM)sanjay Wrote: I have increase it to 15 for now.

Personally I think this is really better!..
Any chance this host allows the default "last seen" instead of "last post"?

(07-09-2020, 10:05 PM)OncaAtrox Wrote: could any of you guys include the post #230 from the modern weights and measurements of jaguars into the Index thread? This is because we are constantly updating the table so it would be nice to have it bookmarked and readily available as well.

Done... in future just report the post with a request note. It's easier to find it that way.
2 users Like Rishi's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

(07-09-2020, 10:26 PM)Rishi Wrote: Any chance this host allows the default "last seen" instead of "last post"?

There is no handy tool at home page. But when you visit a forum page, displaying the thread lists. You will notice that all unread thread by you is in bold text(font). Just before the thread name there will be a arrow icon. Clicking on this icon will bring you to the first unread post in this thread. See the below image.

2 users Like sanjay's post

Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 07-09-2020, 11:16 PM by Dark Jaguar )

@sanjay

I was actually trying to figure out where the ''bold text'' was but now with your last post I got it on the ''arrow icon'', thanks, and the extended version of 15 posts is just awesome. I am sure that not just me but other people will enjoy it too.

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

I'm curious, am I the only who can't have access to the latest replies row on mobile? Even after switching to desktop view.

Rishi Offline
Moderators

(08-07-2020, 05:58 AM)Balam Wrote: I'm curious, am I the only who can't have access to the latest replies row on mobile? Even after switching to desktop view.

Screenshot please?..

peter Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 08-07-2020, 09:30 AM by peter )

(08-07-2020, 05:58 AM)Balam Wrote: I'm curious, am I the only who can't have access to the latest replies row on mobile? Even after switching to desktop view.

Same on my PC, Balam. Even when logged in, it often is closed. 

Another problem is videos. When I watch one, it often later returns in another thread (?). It's in the middle of the screen and doesn't move, no matter what I do. The PC has been checked by someone who knows his business. He says it's ok, meaning the problem originates somewhere else.
1 user Likes peter's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

@Rishi