There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
The Charleston Males

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

The blood is probably from a recent kill or meal.

United States vinodkumarn Offline
Vinod Lion Enthusiast

Is it recent pic? Did they visit sabisands/Southern pride recently..

Chris Offline
( This post was last modified: 02-07-2018, 09:37 PM by Chris Edit Reason: Forgot )

Do they still visit the southern pride? And how are they doing? @Tshokwane

Chris Offline
( This post was last modified: 02-22-2018, 08:39 AM by Chris Edit Reason: Forgot )

Does anyone think the Charleston males may have heard the roars of the avocas and they may comeback? @Tshokwane

United States Fredymrt Offline

Photo Credit henriette.R
Posted on JANUARY 21, 2018

Charleston boys near Zkukuza Rest Camp.

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like Fredymrt's post

Canada stronghold Offline

Beautiful Beasts!

United States swtlei4u Offline

(03-08-2018, 05:06 PM)Fredymrt Wrote: Photo Credit henriette.R
Posted on JANUARY 21, 2018

Charleston boys near Zkukuza Rest Camp.

does anyone know if the remaining charleston male lion is still alive along with hilda rock male.

United States Fredymrt Offline

Charleston Males On the S65, 2km from H1-1 Near Skukuza. March 2018

7 users Like Fredymrt's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(02-20-2018, 12:12 AM)Chris Wrote: Does anyone think the Charleston males may have heard the roars of the avocas and they may comeback?

I don't think they care enough to do so. Evidently they're pretty mucn content where they are now.
1 user Likes Tshokwane's post

United Kingdom Leroy Offline

Hope these guys come back to Sabi.  I saw these guys personally in 2015.  What a sight.  So close you could touch their noses.  Powerful and solid looking lions.  Covered some ground on their patrols too.  Is there any chance of them coming back to sabi and do they have any cubs or older sons/daughters left?

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(04-17-2018, 03:36 PM)Leroy Wrote: Is there any chance of them coming back to sabi 

They seem to have liked the Kruger and the new land and pride too much, they barely have returned to look for the Southern pride.

Quote:and do they have any cubs or older sons/daughters left? 

Yes, the ones they sired with the Southern pride. They must be 1 1/2 close to 2 years old, I think.

Pakistan fursan syed Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast

anyone knows who sired the charleston males's mothers ?

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(04-18-2018, 08:46 PM)fursan syed Wrote: anyone knows who sired the charleston males's mothers ?

No idea, I'll try to look around and see if I can find info about it.

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to Jarryd du Preez.

Throwback to 2014.

Mock mating, often done to strenghten bonds and also to reinforce hierarchy. 

United States swtlei4u Offline

(04-18-2018, 11:19 PM)Tshokwane Wrote:
(04-18-2018, 08:46 PM)fursan syed Wrote: anyone knows who sired the charleston males's mothers ?

No idea, I'll try to look around and see if I can find info about it.

I thought the golf course males were, they were dominant over the selati and Charleston. forgot where I read this but their used to be a site called wild Africa and all the info were really old.