There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

United States leocrest Offline

nsuku
2 users Like leocrest's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to Chene Wales-Baillie AdventureWild.

A great way to end the day with three of the Birmingham males getting active yesterday afternoon! 

This morning they were chased off a buffalo kill they made by the Majingilane males!! Nobody was hurt; these boys just ran away very fast!
6 users Like Tshokwane's post

Romania Georgel Away
Banned

The same video posted on the FB page of Nkorho Bush Lodge. Strangely the same ranger doesn't mention the Majingilanes in her post. I've asked her to show us a proof of what he said on the other FB page. I hope she'll answer.
2 users Like Georgel's post

if what was said is true, these boys are lacking confidence. it will come with time. i'd like proof of them being pushed off a kill too.
3 users Like leocrest's post

Romania Georgel Away
Banned

"This morning they were chased off a buffalo kill they made by the Majingilane males!! Nobody was hurt; these boys just ran away very fast!"

Chene Wales-Baillie Hi George, we were not there to witness the incident. Only heard of it from guides who were there.
1 user Likes Georgel's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 01-13-2017, 06:04 PM by Tshokwane )

This comment from her clears it up a litle bit. The comment is beneath her post.

Okay guys let's get things in order here.. four of them were not seen yesterday. Cheetah plains saw four of them together up in the north a little while ago but only made that post yesterday (confuses everyone.).

Yesterday the three Birmingham males were very very far west on elephant plains with the buffalo kill. This is not an area they are usually in and does stretch slightly into majingi territory if the majingis come very Far East of their territory. Make sense?

The fourth Birmingham male was on chitwa chitwa yesterday morning with his own little buffalo kill.
So! Yes the Birmingham males are in their prime and everything and they most definitely could take on the majingis however I think the Birmingham males were in some unfamiliar territory and were just caught off guard by the majingis. 

I wasn't there to witness the incident but I heard from fellow guides what happened.
6 users Like Tshokwane's post

great response by majis. they need to prove they're not too old. and you would think after being so scared of the majingilanes, the bboys would never dare venture west again. nice to see them push a little. 

it's fascinating that a day after seeing all four bboys together, they make a move west. it's like they had a group meeting and voted.
3 users Like leocrest's post

United Kingdom Devlit Offline

interesting sequence of events. odd they ventured out so far, must have felt comfortable with numbers, and then suddenly approached by there other males. 

glad they were wise & returned & have no gathered reinforcement. Need to be smart as a coalition, thats how you stay alive! Also really great to see all four together when in time of need :)

still wish scrapper was here. haha, god knows how he would have reacted!
4 users Like Devlit's post

United States vinodkumarn Offline
Vinod Lion Enthusiast

Tinyo singing the blues !!

Credits: Ally Davenport

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like vinodkumarn's post

Vinod Lion Enthusiast

Birmingham, november 12 evening drive at Cheetah Plains. A friend told me it is Nhenha from another picture I showed her 
:)

Credits: Alessandra Cuccato

4 users Like vinodkumarn's post

Vinod Lion Enthusiast

Birmingham on november 11 at CP

3 users Like vinodkumarn's post

Mexico Gamiz Offline
Lion Enthusiast

(01-17-2017, 11:56 PM)vinodkumarn Wrote: Birmingham, november 12 evening drive at Cheetah Plains. A friend told me it is Nhenha from another picture I showed her 
:)

This is Tinyo Wink
2 users Like Gamiz's post

Vinod Lion Enthusiast

Mfumo and Tinyo
Credits: Micheal Fleetwood

6 users Like vinodkumarn's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 01-24-2017, 04:15 AM by Tshokwane )

Credits to Mariana de Klerk.

Territorial advertising by scent marking against a bush close to his buffalo kill

7 users Like Tshokwane's post

Italy Ngala Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 01-24-2017, 03:03 PM by Ngala )

Photo and information credits: Garry Mills Wildlife Photography
"Male lion looking into the distance in the beautiful Manyeleti Reserve"

6 users Like Ngala's post