There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(12-27-2021, 01:33 AM)lionuk Wrote: It's rumoured that the 5th Mantimhale male and his son/nephew might be responsible for Tinyo's disappearance in the East of MalaMala.  .

Source?
1 user Likes Potato's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators

(12-27-2021, 01:33 AM)lionuk Wrote: It's rumoured that the 5th Mantimhale male and his son/nephew might be responsible for Tinyo's disappearance in the East of MalaMala.  .

It's there any evidence of that? I talk daily with Robin, he's at MalaMala. He never told me about the 5th Mantimahle and his son/Nephew as possibly responsible for Tinyo's disappearance.
4 users Like Timbavati's post

BigLion39 Offline

In for the source or evidence of that as well.

Brazil Rorre_ Offline

Acho que o Tinyo morreu por algo natural, acho que ele não se recuperou totalmente do que o fazia ficar debilitado, ele conseguiu se recuperar por um tempo mas estou de volta ao estado debilitado, último vídeo que vi ele patrulhando com Nhenha pensei que ele estava voltando a um estado mas enfraquecido (era o meu ponto de vista) e foi piorando com o tempo e foi isso que o levou à morte ...

E com a morte de Tynio o Nw entrou em Mala Mala, como ele não tinha rugidos ou marcas na área ... 

Não vejo sinais de que a morte de Tynio foi devido a outra coalizão.

Brazil Rorre_ Offline

(12-27-2021, 01:33 AM)Lionuk Wrote: Há rumores de que o 5º homem de Mantimhale e seu filho / sobrinho podem ser responsáveis pelo desaparecimento de Tinyo no leste de MalaMala. .

Acho improvável, porque era a Nenha que ficava no leste.

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

Given recent developments, I felt this might be a good time to post an oldie but a goodie. Mfumo plays the long game, and finally gets the girl from Tinyo. Not sure what pride this was, but they had a whole bunch of cubs at that time. I see folks in the video comments saying Nhenha was dominant over Mfumo, I always thought Mfumo was the dominant of them all, until he disappeared. Also in the comments, speculation that Mfumo was in fact poached, is there any truth to that?

3 users Like BA0701's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(12-27-2021, 08:12 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Given recent developments, I felt this might be a good time to post an oldie but a goodie. Mfumo plays the long game, and finally gets the girl from Tinyo. Not sure what pride this was, but they had a whole bunch of cubs at that time. I see folks in the video comments saying Nhenha was dominant over Mfumo, I always thought Mfumo was the dominant of them all, until he disappeared. Also in the comments, speculation that Mfumo was in fact poached, is there any truth to that?

I dont think theres clear pecking order in such big coalitions, all males have their moments of being "most dominant one" in some situations or over the years, we see evidence of that in all bigger coalition, just look at N'ws currently, we dont know who is the most dominant in between Amahle, WideNose and OE, all have their moments.. 

That was exactly the case in Bboys, Nsuku was the boss in early days, but as others mature, they all showcase that, theres no 1 dominant male all the time, especially as all 4 where very rare together since they become territorial, they had 3 prides under their belt, and when they where, they where mostly bonding and patroling.

Even in between the 2 closes brothers, who where always together and competing, Mfumo and Tinyo, its not clear who was more dominant, as both beat each others occasionaly, from what we saw. 

Mfumo just disappeared, its unknown what happened, but i doubt he would be poached in Sabi Sands these days.. 

Interesting how 2 closes brothers, partners in crime, Mfumo and Tinyo shared the same fate in the end, we will never know what happened to them..
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Super Moderator

(12-27-2021, 04:08 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 08:12 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Given recent developments, I felt this might be a good time to post an oldie but a goodie. Mfumo plays the long game, and finally gets the girl from Tinyo. Not sure what pride this was, but they had a whole bunch of cubs at that time. I see folks in the video comments saying Nhenha was dominant over Mfumo, I always thought Mfumo was the dominant of them all, until he disappeared. Also in the comments, speculation that Mfumo was in fact poached, is there any truth to that?

I dont think theres clear pecking order in such big coalitions, all males have their moments of being "most dominant one" in some situations or over the years, we see evidence of that in all bigger coalition, just look at N'ws currently, we dont know who is the most dominant in between Amahle, WideNose and OE, all have their moments.. 

That was exactly the case in Bboys, Nsuku was the boss in early days, but as others mature, they all showcase that, theres no 1 dominant male all the time, especially as all 4 where very rare together since they become territorial, they had 3 prides under their belt, and when they where, they where mostly bonding and patroling.

Even in between the 2 closes brothers, who where always together and competing, Mfumo and Tinyo, its not clear who was more dominant, as both beat each others occasionaly, from what we saw. 

Mfumo just disappeared, its unknown what happened, but i doubt he would be poached in Sabi Sands these days.. 

Interesting how 2 closes brothers, partners in crime, Mfumo and Tinyo shared the same fate in the end, we will never know what happened to them..

It's very sad indeed that they both just vanished. Sadly we see a lot of that, though.

Gijima Offline

(12-27-2021, 09:27 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

It's very sad indeed that they both just vanished. Sadly we see a lot of that, though.

The last reported sighting of him was in the north. If a male leaves his territory like that alone then other lions may find him, which was Mala Mala’s speculation when I asked them a while ago. He was 100% not poached. There has been no poaching incidents in that reserve for over 10 years.
2 users Like Gijima's post

Super Moderator

(12-27-2021, 09:55 PM)Gijima Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 09:27 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

The last reported sighting of him was in the north. If a male leaves his territory like that alone then other lions may find him, which was Mala Mala’s speculation when I asked them a while ago. He was 100% not poached. There has been no poaching incidents in that reserve for over 10 years.

Was just random interwebs speculation then. Thanks for that!
3 users Like BA0701's post

Spain Calvitoo Offline

(12-27-2021, 06:05 AM)Rorre_ Wrote: Acho que o Tinyo morreu por algo natural, acho que ele não se recuperou totalmente do que o fazia ficar debilitado, ele conseguiu se recuperar por um tempo mas estou de volta ao estado debilitado, último vídeo que vi ele patrulhando com Nhenha pensei que ele estava voltando a um estado mas enfraquecido (era o meu ponto de vista) e foi piorando com o tempo e foi isso que o levou à morte ...

E com a morte de Tynio o Nw entrou em Mala Mala, como ele não tinha rugidos ou marcas na área ... 

Não vejo sinais de que a morte de Tynio foi devido a outra coalizão.

It is not yet known what happened to Tinyo and I believe and trust that he is still alive, it would not be the first time that a lion disappears and returns, but I doubt that his disappearance is due to what happened in July and August but it is a possibility, but since Tinyo was physically there I doubt , that it is most likely that there was a confrontation between Tinyo and Nw's, a sudden death or a hunt that went wrong.
2 users Like Calvitoo's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

Birmingham male Nhena
Credits: Muhammad Akoojee

This post was moved from N’was males thread as the person who took the photo misidentified the male

6 users Like Mdz123's post

BigLion39 Offline

(12-28-2021, 06:32 AM)Mdz123 Wrote: Birmingham male Nhena
Credits: Muhammad Akoojee

This post was moved from N’was males thread as the person who took the photo misidentified the male

His most pronounced identifying feature, the equal sign on his nose, is starting to blend more with the countless other scars on his nose now that he is in his autumn years!
3 users Like BigLion39's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

*This image is copyright of its original author
10 users Like Potato's post

WildRev Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 04:23 PM by WildRev )

Nhenha.
10 users Like WildRev's post