There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

Australia Herekitty Offline

Go on give her a little bite on the ear...Video and image by StarryStarryNightsTravel at Londolozi Tree Camp, November 16, 2018

*This image is copyright of its original author
3 users Like Herekitty's post

Credit: Londolozi The Week in Pictures by Peter Thorpe, November 15, 2018

Birmingham male lion stares intently down the river, where two hooded vultures had just flown overhead. When we arrived at this sighting, the lion was fast asleep. The sound of the vulture wing-flaps caught his attention immediately. It turns out he had made an nyala kill and stashed it amongst the thicket in the river. The vultures landed in a tree directly above the kill.

The same Birmingham male lion that has been frequenting the Sand River looks up toward a herd of impala on the banks. He had once again been hanging around with the Tsalala lioness on this day. We followed him into a thicket in which an impala kill was stashed. Shortly after this the rains came down quite hard, providing some much needed relief from the heat we have been having.

A Birmingham male lion stops feeding for a moment as the Tsalala lioness moves close by. He won’t let her get too close to the kill, nor will he let her move too far away. This week was all about natural frames for me. A few times we had sightings in thick bush. At first glance, bushes and branches may appear as obstacles, however often they can make for a more interesting shot than a standard portrait.

A few more from Londolozi. Images by Jules Maury, November 17, 2018

Image by StarryStarryNightsTravel at Londolozi Tree Camp, November 17, 2018

A member of the Gowrie coalition in the Sabi Sands. One look at this big guy and you know why the Sabi Sands and neighbouring Kruger NP have been known to house some of the most beautiful and vicious lions in all of Africa. Image by Arjun Anand, posted November 17, 2018

2 users Like Herekitty's post

Tynio acting cute for the ladies...video by Renato Salvador at Mala Mala, November 18, 2018

Image by Scott Fitzgerald at Mala Mala, November 18, 2018

Brazil T Rabbit Offline

Bboys expanding their domains
https://youtu.be/d8UuksSaNTc
2 users Like T Rabbit's post

Canada Pbonz Offline

How are the bboys cubs coming along from their old prides? I believe nkhumas and torchwood?

(11-19-2018, 10:28 PM)T Rabbit Wrote: Bboys expanding their domains
https://youtu.be/d8UuksSaNTc

@T Rabbit I think it's great that someone knowledgeable like you is uploading these videos for a wider audience, but why not do it properly so that the original author/artist gets their due? Nowhere on your youtube page have you credited the original photographer. It's a simple matter of ethics and taking other people's intellectual property without crediting them is unethical. Secondly this video was taken by Cindy Pienaar more than a year ago, and has been posted already in this thread - #1155, so when you say the BBoys are expanding their domains, someone reading that would get the impression that they are currently expanding their domains when they're not. It's misinformation.
1 user Likes Herekitty's post

Brazil T Rabbit Offline

Herekitty my videos don't follow cronology and i believe this forum also not. And bboys are expandind their area as they went to south and central SS and are conquer new prides like kambulas, mhangenis and tsalalas. Whats false info in it? Also my videos are not monetized. So i forget to put the credits. But its not crime as im not make money with that. Other way YouTube would remover my videos. So Why are you so worried with that? 
1 user Likes T Rabbit's post

Greece George greek Offline

No site of mfumo!!!no one see him?? The rangers,the lodge  stuff??

I just think it's wrong not to credit the source. But no one else seems to give a shit, so as you say why should I worry?

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(11-20-2018, 10:41 AM)Herekitty Wrote: but why not do it properly so that the original author/artist gets their due? Nowhere on your youtube page have you credited the original photographer. It's a simple matter of ethics and taking other people's intellectual property without crediting them is unethical.

(11-20-2018, 05:27 PM)T Rabbit Wrote: Also my videos are not monetized. So i forget to put the credits. But its not crime as im not make money with that. Other way YouTube would remover my videos. So Why are you so worried with that? 

It's not about worry, but he's right.

It's something that I've been trying to very early here in the forum, after noticing how touchy people are with this matter over the internet.

It isn't that hard, it takes some seconds only. If you don't have the credits, then say it in the post clearly and you can also edit the post if you find the owner. 

It's better and it's also more professional, something that helps the forum even more.

(11-20-2018, 10:41 AM)Herekitty Wrote: Secondly this video was taken by Cindy Pienaar more than a year ago, and has been posted already in this thread - #1155, so when you say the BBoys are expanding their domains, someone reading that would get the impression that they are currently expanding their domains when they're not. It's misinformation.

(11-20-2018, 05:27 PM)T Rabbit Wrote: my videos don't follow cronology and i believe this forum also not. And bboys are expandind their area as they went to south and central SS and are conquer new prides like kambulas, mhangenis and tsalalas. Whats false info in it?

Once again, @Herekitty is correct.

It isn't posting false info. 

But stating it like it that makes you think something that it's not actually happening, then it becomes misinformation.

Rabbit, you always have to think that your posts and videos might be watched by people that wants to learn, or that it's starting to learn about them.

So, when you make that post or post that video, add a little bit of context to it.

It doesn't have to be a super long post full of information, and you're right when saying the forum doesn't follow and chronological line, mostly because it's impòssible. 

But if you think about it, adding the dates, what was happening at that time, who were the lions involved, or how the situation developed over time, then that post you make turns out all the more better.

Take the tips and try slowly putting them into practice, you'll see how it improves your posting.
1 user Likes Tshokwane's post

(11-19-2018, 10:33 PM)Pbonz Wrote: How are the bboys cubs coming along from their old prides? I believe nkhumas and torchwood?

I don't think the Birminghams have much interaction with those prides and their young at all any more. Nevertheless those prides (including the Styx) are surviving and currently the Nkuhumas have 6 subadults fathered by the Birminghams, The Styx have 8, and the Torchwoods have 9.

United States vinodkumarn Offline
Vinod Lion Enthusiast

(11-21-2018, 10:00 AM)Herekitty Wrote:
(11-19-2018, 10:33 PM)Pbonz Wrote: How are the bboys cubs coming along from their old prides? I believe nkhumas and torchwood?

I don't think the Birminghams have much interaction with those prides and their young at all any more. Nevertheless those prides (including the Styx) are surviving and currently the Nkuhumas have 6 subadults fathered by the Birminghams, The Styx have 8, and the Torchwoods have 9.

Styx might most likely meet them in MalaMala
1 user Likes vinodkumarn's post

Mohawk4 Offline

@T Rabbit  @Herekitty 

Peace!
Like your posts and i hope you will continue
2 users Like Mohawk4's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(11-21-2018, 03:22 PM)T Rabbit Wrote: Herekitty you have the the right to ask for the credits and dates, but you not have the right to call me a misinformator. But he happy, dude. I'll not put more YouTube links here. You can be the main Postman here. Be happy. 

Now now, T Rabbit.

Don't be getting all touchy when you're corrected.

Take the advise like a man, and improve, or at the very least don't react like a girl, please.

Canada Pbonz Offline

(11-21-2018, 10:00 AM)Herekitty Wrote:

Will they all survive it the Avocas start moving in more and more ?