There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Styx Pride

WildRev Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-09-2022, 08:59 PM by WildRev )

'The Styx Pride was found huddled up early in the morning. Once the sun warmed the pride up, it was playtime. One of the cubs found a stick & started a game of chase, even mom got involved. They then heard buffalo in the distance and made a beeline in the direction of the buffalo'

*This image is copyright of its original author

9 users Like WildRev's post

WildRev Offline

7 users Like WildRev's post

WildRev Offline

@brookers92

9 users Like WildRev's post

WildRev Offline

'adult female from the Styx pride gets audio of another female that’s been away for a day or so. The bond between these females is a joy to witness.'

12 users Like WildRev's post

WildRev Offline

' A mighty coalition is loading the young Styx males are growing everyday not only physically but in confidence too. Some difficult years lay ahead but could they be the next big dominant coalition ? Time will tell and I look forward to watching it all unfold.' 

11 users Like WildRev's post

BigLion39 Offline

(08-28-2022, 07:38 PM)WildRev Wrote: A mighty coalition is loading the young Styx males are growing everyday not only physically but in confidence too. Some difficult years lay ahead but could they be the next big dominant coalition ? Time will tell and I look forward to watching it all unfold.' 

How many and how old are these young boys?
4 users Like BigLion39's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(08-29-2022, 11:04 AM)BigLion39 Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 07:38 PM)WildRev Wrote: A mighty coalition is loading the young Styx males are growing everyday not only physically but in confidence too. Some difficult years lay ahead but could they be the next big dominant coalition ? Time will tell and I look forward to watching it all unfold.' 

How many and how old are these young boys?

There are three litters ; 
older two litters of seven total were born approx. February-March 2021
Youngest litter of four was born est. June-July 2021. 

I don’t have the sex breaks down of each litter myself 
8 users Like criollo2mil's post

BigLion39 Offline

Awesome, thank you!
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Styx's :

Not sure if they are all accounted for after the clash with Kambulas, this was posted yesterday, only 11 members, should be 14 (although it was night) :

8 users Like Tr1x24's post

Contributor

(09-05-2022, 08:23 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Styx's :

Not sure if they are all accounted for after the clash with Kambulas, this was posted yesterday, only 11 members, should be 14 (although it was night) :

Yeah.  Right now they’re only accounting for two lionesses (the RC daughter has been missing for weeks) and 9 cubs.  There’s a sub male that hasn’t been seen since altercation. Sad
5 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-05-2022, 09:25 PM by Tr1x24 )

(09-05-2022, 09:15 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Yeah.  Right now they’re only accounting for two lionesses (the RC daughter has been missing for weeks) and 9 cubs.  There’s a sub male that hasn’t been seen since altercation.

Male which was attacked? Thats the biggest boy i assume.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

The 4 cubs born in Mid to Late July 2021 were 3F:1M. 
But the rest i am unsure of.
3 users Like Mabingilane's post

Contributor

I’m hearing some troubling rumors about the Styx.    

I need to dig deeper but there’s conversations circulating about a possible conflict with the Gijima Males.   

They fear there’s been several casualties.   I’m hearing very dim outlook about several cubs now missing.  

I wish I knew more ATM still trying to get more evidence and verifications
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-10-2022, 12:11 AM by Tr1x24 )

(09-09-2022, 11:46 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: I’m hearing some troubling rumors about the Styx.    

I need to dig deeper but there’s conversations circulating about a possible conflict with the Gijima Males.   

They fear there’s been several casualties.   I’m hearing very dim outlook about several cubs now missing.  

Concerning. 

Since Ndhzengas expanded north, vacant their former territory, which Gijimas took, and starting to hang less with Styx's (at this point they prob fully abandon them, as we saw, they even attack them with Kambulas) we knew that this might cause troubles for Styx's and potential " 2018 Bboys scenario" which was catastrophe in the end, as only 1 female reached adulthood. 

They where doing good until recently, but looks like they are now feeling more pressure and are squished between Gijimas and Kambulas, who have support of Ndhzengas over them.

Is RC female seen? When was the last sighting of her?
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Contributor

(09-10-2022, 12:09 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(09-09-2022, 11:46 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: I’m hearing some troubling rumors about the Styx.    

Concerning. 

Since Ndhzengas expanded north, vacant their former territory, which Gijimas took, and starting to hang less with Styx's (at this point they prob fully abandon them, as we saw, they even attack them with Kambulas) we knew that this might cause troubles for Styx's and potential " 2018 Bboys scenario" which was catastrophe in the end, as only 1 female reached adulthood. 

They where doing good until recently, but looks like they are now feeling more pressure and are squished between Gijimas and Kambulas, who have support of Ndhzengas over them.

Is RC female seen? When was the last sighting of her?

The RC Daughter has not been seen in three weeks.  

I spoke w a guide that’s currently on leave and he said that before he left it had been two weeks and before that she was looking rough.
4 users Like criollo2mil's post