There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rodentia Order

Sanju Offline

Starting with my familiar squirrel which I saw in the wild in my experience to Tirumala (read my post in Tigers of eastern Ghats).

The Indian giant squirrel or Malabar giant squirrel, (Ratufa indica) is one of the largest tree squirrel species in the world belonging to genus Ratufa native to India.

It is a large-bodied diurnal, arboreal, and mainly herbivorous squirrel found in South Asia.

Location : Sri vari paadalu, Tirumala (My visit to there, same location i.e.., srivari paadalu, same sighting)

Credits : @binoc_photography .
4 users Like Sanju's post

Sanju Offline
( This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 06:51 PM by Sanju )

Bonnet Macaque... Sad 

How cute, he's very busy in feeding. Dedicated and Friendly.

(Click to Play)

Sadly this tolerating behavior of them making them vulnerable;e to pet trade by offering food and capturing them. Mainly in our Andhra state. Crying

watch the sample of one Telugu guy owning a squirrel Angry (Though, I too have a desire to get one in my homeJoking ):

2 users Like Sanju's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Rodent are able to be efficient predators ! Here a chipmunk devastating a birds' nest...
For more datas:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chipmunk

3 users Like Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

How can you be insensitive by seeing it ?

2 users Like Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

Dance step between a beaver and a wolf... Canada.

Wildanimal Lover

A jerboa or a gerbil dodging very switly and skillfully a snake' attack. Maestria !

Wildanimal Lover

Daniel Rosengren: " A mother Blick's Grass Rat with her baby. These rodents are endemic to Ethiopia and only found on the highlands between 2,500 and 4,000 meters above sea level. These two remind me of those old children's book characters called Barbapapa, anyone agree? Photographed in Bale Mountains National Park, Ethiopia. "

BorneanTiger Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 09:05 PM by BorneanTiger )

Amid the lockdown, rats are taking over in the UK and NZ: https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-animal-...#pid114628
1 user Likes BorneanTiger's post

Wildanimal Lover

Savannah Burgess: " Portrait of a friendly beaver. Such essential animals. "

Wildanimal Lover

" Meerkats are forever busy from the moment they stick their heads out of the burrow. The first head (being the scout) pops out shortly after sunrise to ensure it is safe for the family to get up and active.

Once the scout has scanned the area and gives the “safe to get active” call, heads start popping up everywhere. This family consisted of 11 individuals and because of their vulnerable size, they rely heavily on safety in numbers.
The first thirty to forty minutes will be their “quiet time” where they sit and just enjoy the warm rays of the morning sun. During this time, their heads NEVER stop moving as they are continuously on the lookout for a potential threat.
These adorable critters are so much fun to spend time with as they are forever busy, the scene is forever changing and you are never left with a dull moment. "

Wildanimal Lover

Will Burrard-Lucas: " Photographing baby meerkats ? Makgadikgadi, Botswana. "

1 user Likes Spalea's post