There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Plains Camp males

United Kingdom Vengeous Offline

(05-26-2024, 03:09 AM)Mapokser Wrote: For those thinking the PCM might have been only taking the western side of the North, leaving the Kambulas more far north, here them on Djuma Cam tonight. I was told someone called Mary Mason took the screenshots:

*This image is copyright of its original author

They are taking/have taken the entire North/Nkuhuma pride territory.

What remains for us to see if they will hold it from any opposition and what they'll do with the West, either leave it or try to control a territory as large as that of the 2 Mlowathi Mapogo.
I was one of those people who thought they wouldn't push so far into the northeast. Am happy to admit I got that wrong!

The most logical conclusion is that this will end in frustration for either them or multiple prides, but I don't know... I've been very surprised by lion dynamics this year, I'm hoping that some equilibrium is established sooner rather than later. Musy say though, these guys travel great distances.
1 user Likes Vengeous's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

One sighting does not mean we need to redraw the maps.
Sofar they are only following the Nkuhumas for the mating so it makes sense that they are pulled to the most extreme ends of their territory.

We really have to wait a few weeks to see when there is no more mating to see how interesting the pride still is for them afterwards.
And if it still is, how much they are willing to move north regulary.

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

1 of them was back West yesterday with Ximhungwes, these boys travel a lot:

Credits: Savanna

8 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States Warpath Offline
New Join

He looks amazing. Funny how they call him the smaller male when he's so big . Joined up this forum after seeing these guys on youtube. The PCM are some of the most impressive males I've seen.
4 users Like Warpath's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

seriously.  How are these 2 going to keep this up?  How far is this that they are traveling daily.

6 users Like T_Ferguson's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(05-26-2024, 12:58 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: 1 of them was back West yesterday with Ximhungwes, these boys travel a lot:

Is there another coalition that we have to compare them to, that crossed such great distances on an almost daily basis? I mean, this is crazy, one day they are with the Xims, and the next day they are in Djuma.
3 users Like BA0701's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

Just looking at a map, Jaci's Sabi House, and Savanna, and they were seen in Djuma... I mean.. this is 20 to 25 km's per day they are moving.  Unless they've cloned themselves, and we just don't know it, I have no idea how this is even possible.  When are they sleeping, Hunting, and Eating?
2 users Like T_Ferguson's post

United Kingdom Vengeous Offline

Have just heard from the grapevine that they were chasing BDMs in northern Singita... anyone else heard that or have info on that? I believe it was also mentioned that it might have been the Imbali young males but I think that's unlikely
1 user Likes Vengeous's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(05-26-2024, 07:35 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(05-26-2024, 12:58 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: 1 of them was back West yesterday with Ximhungwes, these boys travel a lot:

Is there another coalition that we have to compare them to, that crossed such great distances on an almost daily basis? I mean, this is crazy, one day they are with the Xims, and the next day they are in Djuma.

The things males do for love eh
3 users Like KM600's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

I heard they chased Wonky Eye and one of his Imbali partners, dunno if true.

If true this is good for Tsalala ( assuming smaller PCM will also accept her cubs, Idk if he mated ).
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(05-26-2024, 08:02 PM)Vengeous Wrote: Have just heard from the grapevine that they were chasing BDMs in northern Singita... anyone else heard that or have info on that? I believe it was also mentioned that it might have been the Imbali young males but I think that's unlikely

They chased the BDM who’s been losing his mane, no word on his brothers whereabouts tho.
1 user Likes KM600's post

Sweden Ttimemarti Offline

Only other coalition is Mr T and kinky tail I think they had a very large territory
2 users Like Ttimemarti's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(05-26-2024, 10:06 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote:

Only other coalition is Mr T and kinky tail I think they had a very large territory

Yes, I know the vast area they controlled, but from everything I know they weren't traversing from one end of it to the other on a daily basis, like what we are seeing here. These boys are traveling 25-30km per day, only to immediately turn around and go back the other way. I don't recall any other lions operating this way.
3 users Like BA0701's post

Sweden Ttimemarti Offline

Oh yeah true so I think they may be the first to do so maybe nwaswitshakas at first with the kambulas and the Styx and southern pride at the beginning they still visited but then they stopped so idk how far that from mala mala to sabi sabi is but it definitely wasn’t as frequent as these guys they are covering a lot of ground daily. I don’t think it’s smart but eventually they’ll stop visiting one of these prides unfortunately
2 users Like Ttimemarti's post

Mwk85 Offline

According to Diff Marimane, they're back with the Ximhungwe Pride again
2 users Like Mwk85's post