There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Plains Camp males

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

It kinda would depend on the circumstances I think. 

If the Kambulas start putting pressure on them from the east and the Ximhungwes go back into estrus. That pride may be the last to be surrendered.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Go131810 Offline

(05-14-2024, 11:29 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: It kinda would depend on the circumstances I think. 

If the Kambulas start putting pressure on them from the east and the Ximhungwes go back into estrus. That pride may be the last to be surrendered.

Are the Kambula male lions in the West?

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

Its a hypothetical situation. Not something currently happening.
I think they are currently somewhere in the north or centre of Sabi Sands.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Friarfan619 Offline

Any actual footage of them chasing off kambula?? Don't doubt it happened just wondering
2 users Like Friarfan619's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(05-15-2024, 04:36 AM)Friarfan619 Wrote: Any actual footage of them chasing off kambula?? Don't doubt it happened just wondering

As far I know, there’s not footage of them chasing thr Kambula males. So far…
3 users Like T I N O's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

They didn't.

Kambulas heard them and fled.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

PCM with Nkuhuma lioness.

An injury sustained for mating rights with his brother

*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like KM600's post

United Kingdom NLAL11 Offline

(05-14-2024, 10:55 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-14-2024, 10:01 PM)Mapokser Wrote: PCM officially trying to take over the NK pride now and one could say they have taken the North already since there's nobody to contest their claim.

Maybe the Manghenis can still be under them, they're closer to the North and can move their territory further north and east if necessary, most of the area is fenced which is an advantage, and back in the day they moved their territory further west to follow the Majingilane taking over the Westen Sector from the Selatis.

But as for the Ximhungwe in the deep west, it's hard to imagine the PCM not abandoning them eventually.

We will see, I dont expect PCMs to abandon west just over night, they are and will be returning there.

Also, its not like PCMs territory didnt span to half Londolozi even before, now they just moved that "line" a bit north.

So, as we see, its not like they drastically move further.

They even might only abandon their southern reaches, and their territory in future might look something like this or even further north, but without abandoning west completley:

If the four adult Nkuhuma lionesses accept them as pride males then they could very well shift their territory a little south and west. That area of north/eastern Singita, northern Londolozi and the Simbambili/Arathusa/Elephant Plains bloc is pretty much unoccupied, and the Nkuhumas are sometimes seen there anyway. Not impossible for the PC males to absorb the Nkuhumas into their territory. This would be bad for the Tsalala lioness though.

They will have a big territory and a lot of lionesses. But if any duo can 'manage' this, it's these boys.
3 users Like NLAL11's post

Furthermore, in reality it's better for the local lion population if the PC males sire the next generation of Nkuhuma cubs than the Kambula boys, as they're not related to them at all, where as the Kambulas would be worryingly close to inbreeding. Two of the four lionesses are their sister/cousins.
3 users Like NLAL11's post

It was commented on WildEarth that each PC male was mating with a different Nkuhuma lioness.
5 users Like NLAL11's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Plains Camp males are definitely an excellent bet for the Nkuhuma pride and their next generation of cubs. They’re healthy males and of course as many mentioned here, a new bloodline introduced into the Nkuhuma pride. Most of the current prides of SS have a new generation of cubs from Kruger lions. Talamati, Kambula, Ximhungwe etc. That is really good, after all. Inbreeding isn’t good at all!

Kambula males as much as I would like that they establish by themselves in the Sabi Sands, probably Manyeleti could be a better bet. 

4 users Like T I N O's post

Canada Robot00 Offline

(05-15-2024, 06:43 PM)T I N O Wrote: Kambula males as much as I would like that they establish by themselves in the Sabi Sands, probably Manyeleti could be a better bet. 

Kambula boys and manyeleti is still very close to "family".
If anything these boys should go to knp. as much as i dislike that idea for personal reasons but to have diverse genetics they are better served in knp like their older brothers

My selfish self would like to follow them more closely so i hope they settle in s.s. some where. Dont want to miss out on their livelihoods like their older brothers whom we get updates once/twice a month
5 users Like Robot00's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-15-2024, 11:50 PM by afortich )

(05-15-2024, 04:06 PM)KM600 Wrote: PCM with Nkuhuma lioness.

Naughty cut, I hope he doesn't lose his eye.
3 users Like afortich's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(05-15-2024, 11:49 PM)afortich Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 04:06 PM)KM600 Wrote: PCM with Nkuhuma lioness.

Naughty cut, I hope he doesn't lose his eye.

Might leave a nasty scar but I think his eye will be fine. One inch or so further along tho… he might’ve lost it.
3 users Like KM600's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

@KM600 Your posts of the Plains Camp males were moved to their own thread.
Great posts!
2 users Like T I N O's post