There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paper/Material share & request thread

Australia Verdugo Offline
( This post was last modified: 11-11-2019, 11:58 AM by Verdugo )

Why haven't we had this thread yet? 

Plain and simple, a place for people to Request and to Share literature to others so that we could both learn more about things.

Note to Mods: I don't know if this is the appropriate section for this thread, feel free to move it to whichever section you think is appropriate.

I started first. I'm currently looking for a way to gain access to this paper:
https://prism.ucalgary.ca/handle/1880/101624?show=full
^ It appears to be Snively's thesis on Theropod neck musculature. I would be appreciated if anyone could provide me access to this paper.
3 users Like Verdugo's post

United States tigerluver Offline
Prehistoric Feline Expert
Moderators

(11-11-2019, 11:50 AM)Verdugo Wrote: Why haven't we had this thread yet? 

Plain and simple, a place for people to Request and to Share literature to others so that we could both learn more about things.

Note to Mods: I don't know if this is the appropriate section for this thread, feel free to move it to whichever section you think is appropriate.

I started first. I'm currently looking for a way to gain access to this paper:
https://prism.ucalgary.ca/handle/1880/101624?show=full
^ It appears to be Snively's thesis on Theropod neck musculature. I would be appreciated if anyone could provide me access to this paper.

I've attached the published work based on that thesis. For the thesis itself the only way would be to contact the author or request a copy via the link on that page.
2 users Like tigerluver's post

(11-22-2019, 04:22 AM)tigerluver Wrote: I've attached the published work based on that thesis. For the thesis itself the only way would be to contact the author or request a copy via the link on that page.
Thanks for your help mate. I already read that paper, you can actually download it for free in ResearchGate. I'm just curious if there are any interesting points that were left out when the thesis went through publication. Some thesis are actually open to public but that does not seem to be the case here for this one. So yeah, it seems like the only way to gain access to that thesis is to contact the author.

The thesis is just an excuse for me to make this thread anyway. The thread is here so that people could request and share literature to each other. It would be useful cause i figure not anyone could have access to some of the materials.
2 users Like Verdugo's post

United Kingdom Sully Offline
Ecology & Rewilding
( This post was last modified: 11-24-2019, 09:14 PM by Sully )

How to read scientific papers behind a paywall (enter link to the study here)

https://sci-hub.se/
2 users Like Sully's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-26-2019, 09:02 AM by Rishi )

@tigerluver could you please get access to these 2 papers for us?
Thank you. 

Earth observation data for habitat monitoring in protected areas of India

Earth observation data for assessing biodiversity conservation priorities in South Asia

(11-26-2019, 08:58 AM)Rishi Wrote: could you please get access to these 2 papers for us?
Thank you. 

Earth observation data for assessing biodiversity conservation priorities in South Asia
The first paper you posted is already available in PDF for free, you just need to click on the 'Download full-text PDF' button to get it.

For the second one, have you tried Sci-hub? Sci-hub works pretty well for me (and probably for many members here too)

Anyway, i have attached both papers below

Attached Files
.pdf   Earth observation data for assessing biodiversity conservation priorities in South Asia.pdf (Size: 4.27 MB / Downloads: 1)
.pdf   Earth Observation data for habitat monitoring in Protected Areas of India.pdf (Size: 995.26 KB / Downloads: 1)
1 user Likes Verdugo's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators

@Verdugo I just noted the Sci-hub link after I posted. Thanks anyways... You too @Sully
2 users Like Rishi's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators

(11-26-2019, 09:18 AM)Verdugo Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 08:58 AM)Rishi Wrote: could you please get access to these 2 papers for us?
Thank you. 

The first paper you posted is already available in PDF for free, you just need to click on the 'Download full-text PDF' button to get it.

For the second one, have you tried Sci-hub? Sci-hub works pretty well for me (and probably for many members here too)

Anyway, i have attached both papers below

Little help please. 

I need the following paper but Sci-hub isn't working; Proximity, Infidelity & Confusion: social organization and spacing patterns dictate promiscuity in Asiatic lionesses
Am I doing it wrong? Could you give it a try. Thanks

(12-10-2019, 11:30 AM)Rishi Wrote: Little help please. 

I need the following paper but Sci-hub isn't working; Proximity, Infidelity & Confusion: social organization and spacing patterns dictate promiscuity in Asiatic lionesses
Am I doing it wrong? Could you give it a try. Thanks
I tried but i got no luck either, sorry. Perhaps you could try asking other members here cause i tried both my Uni library and Sci-hub but i am still unable to find the paper you're looking for.
1 user Likes Verdugo's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 12-12-2019, 09:30 AM by Rishi )

(12-12-2019, 07:57 AM)Verdugo Wrote: I tried but i got no luck either, sorry. Perhaps you could try asking other members here cause i tried both my Uni library and Sci-hub but i am still unable to find the paper you're looking for.

I think Research is immune. Thank anyways.

In which case @tigerluver I gotta request you again.
Quote:I need the following paper but Sci-hub isn't working; Proximity, Infidelity & Confusion: social organization and spacing patterns dictate promiscuity in Asiatic lionesses
Could you give it a try. Thanks

United Kingdom Sully Offline
Ecology & Rewilding

The big ecological paradigm shift

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w...nyVqDAYtjd
1 user Likes Sully's post