There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Othawa Pride

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Great to see the two ladies looking well

Attached Files Image(s)

9 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States T_Ferguson Online

I hate that these girls are in this region.  I am very curious how an interaction with the Mangheni would be now with daddy hanging out with them.

2 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Mwk85 Offline

(08-12-2024, 08:24 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: I hate that these girls are in this region.  I am very curious how an interaction with the Mangheni would be now with daddy hanging out with them.

Ximhungwe lioness is gonna need to be careful about doing this in the future cause the day is likely to come when the Othawas gain enough confidence to push back against actions like this.
3 users Like Mwk85's post

RookiePundit Offline

(08-12-2024, 08:24 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: I hate that these girls are in this region.  I am very curious how an interaction with the Mangheni would be now with daddy hanging out with them.

Looks like the old rivalry might get revived in the future (especially if Plain Camps draw them closer).  Even if one day all remaining on both sides would be Othawa pride progeny. (to clarify, talkign about Othawas and Ximhugnwes, not Mhangenis)
2 users Like RookiePundit's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(08-13-2024, 01:12 AM)Mwk85 Wrote:

Ximhungwe lioness is gonna need to be careful about doing this in the future cause the day is likely to come when the Othawas gain enough confidence to push back against actions like this.

There is a distinct size difference between them, still, and will likely remain that way. Xim female has always been a big lioness, there is even a pretty good difference between her and Gingerella. Sassy was always a little on the smaller side, she never stood a chance against the two of them, surprised she was even able to escape at all.

Go131810 Offline

(08-13-2024, 09:40 PM)RookiePundit Wrote:

Looks like the old rivalry might get revived in the future (especially if Plain Camps draw them closer).  Even if one day all remaining on both sides would be Othawa pride progeny. (to clarify, talkign about Othawas and Ximhugnwes, not Mhangenis)

I wonder if the older Ximhungwe lioness may have more cubs soon.
1 user Likes Go131810's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

The Othowas have finally accepted the presence of the PCMs.  

They were however spotted by the Mangheni and one of the more ‘jealous’ females gave chase    :)

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like criollo2mil's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-19-2024, 05:13 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: The Othowas have finally accepted the presence of the PCMs.  

Excellent news for Othawas.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-19-2024, 08:34 PM by criollo2mil )

More of Mak w Othowas

Credit:  Ranger Stu

4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline

The Othawa Lionesses would do well to tread carefully around Mak and Bro.... The Mangheni Big Lionesses have already killed 2 NK Breakaway females, and they may be feeling more pressure now because of losing 3 cubs in such a short period.  Hence, if they seek out the males more lately for protection, the 2 Othawas will be on the losing end of any confrontation.

(08-19-2024, 09:04 PM)Cath2020 Wrote: The Othawa Lionesses would do well to tread carefully around Mak and Bro.... The Mangheni Big Lionesses have already killed 2 NK Breakaway females, and they may be feeling more pressure now because of losing 3 cubs in such a short period.  Hence, if they seek out the males more lately for protection, the 2 Othawas will be on the losing end of any confrontation.

Very True, but if the PCM's are here, and are still not bothering with the Mangheni while Tumbella is still with the Mangheni... it's all so messed up.
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

Rui Ferreira Offline

(08-19-2024, 05:50 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-19-2024, 05:13 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: The Othowas have finally accepted the presence of the PCMs.  

Excellent news for Othawas.

and possibly for the Manghenis too, this two girls might keep PCM in west for sometime and hopefully they bump into the Manghenis and think " Oh yeah you guys exist too" and give the pride the much needed stability and safety they need
2 users Like Rui Ferreira's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-19-2024, 11:42 PM)Rui Ferreira Wrote: and possibly for the Manghenis too, this two girls might keep PCM in west for sometime and hopefully they bump into the Manghenis and think " Oh yeah you guys exist too" and give the pride the much needed stability and safety they need

Yea, Mhangenis where close on this sighting, and 1 female interacted with PCM.

As far as PCMs are in the close proximity/same area, Mhangenis are safe, even if they dont directly hang with them.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Its not the first time the two groups interacted. So i think we need to temper our expectations of the PCmales turning a new leaf and sticking around. 
Especially seeing there hasn't been any mating reported yet. 

My main concern is that the males return to their other prides and the Othawas end up following them into trouble.

More video of the day.

3 users Like T_Ferguson's post