There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Othawa Pride

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

(08-20-2022, 09:33 PM)sundarbans Wrote: Has Junior's mom been found dead as well? All the reports and links are of Auntie's demise. Can anyone give any links about JM's fate?

They mentioned finding two bodies of adult lionesses. So I guess they did.

No word on any cubs or Skorro found death though. But I think at this point its a given that atleast the cubs perished.
3 users Like Duco Ndona's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
Sad  ( This post was last modified: 08-20-2022, 10:58 PM by afortich )

So sad but dignify dead to buy the cubs another chance of survival.
RIP for both may their deaths be worth it!!
7 users Like afortich's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Just to provide FULL CLARITY. 

The only carcass confirmed to have been found is of Auntie.  That’s confirmed by Savannah and Dulini.  

The Savannah post that’s been shared confused matters a bit because it intimated both bodies were found.   But they’ve provided clarity in saying it’s only PRESSUMED she’s dead. 

I do believe she’s gone.   It’s a foregone conclusion at this time.   There were sightings around 13 August if her two cubs alone.   These cubs have returned to the pride….without her.

Attached Files Image(s)

11 users Like criollo2mil's post

Italy Gabriele Offline

It seems strange to me that a lioness, elderly, experienced, has started to fight against two adult males. Two males can kill an isolated male, let alone a female. How old are the sub-adults she was feeding?
1 user Likes Gabriele's post

Contributor

(08-20-2022, 09:33 PM)sundarbans Wrote: Has Junior's mom been found dead as well? All the reports and links are of Auntie's demise. Can anyone give any links about JM's fate?

The post is from Savannah below. As you can see it’s a bit badly worded cause it doesn’t speak as an assumption.

3 users Like criollo2mil's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

It appears they edited out the offending "another". Still they outcome is the same.
4 users Like Duco Ndona's post

United States BorntobeWild Offline

(08-19-2022, 08:10 PM)lionuk Wrote: Othawa Pride was seen in Idube yesterday

2 lionesses
5 cubs

Is there any possibility that the older lioness was Junior's mom, not Aunty?
6 users Like BorntobeWild's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-21-2022, 02:09 AM)东方琳琅STD Wrote: Is there any possibility that the older lioness was Junior's mom, not Aunty?

No, on this video is Aunty.
8 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Is it known if the pride is still in the western sector?
1 user Likes Tonpa's post

Contributor

9 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(08-21-2022, 10:51 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:

Came to post this. Just gutted.
3 users Like BA0701's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Found this pic uploaded yesterday by a guest at Savannaa, someone asked in the comments when it was taken so i'll wait and see what they reply
Photo by grantotto_

*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like Tonpa's post

Russian Federation Bellateda Offline
Banned

Only three cubs?

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Well only three pictured
3 users Like Tonpa's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

June 2011 - Western SS

Othawa M
An old buffalo had died on Portion Five earlier in the week. Shangwa (female Leopard) and her cub were feeding on the carcass on the previous day. The Ottawa Pride had taken over the carcass. The 2 Ottawa males are becoming large lions.
Image credit: David Willson

*This image is copyright of its original author
9 users Like T I N O's post