There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Nkuhuma Pride

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

7 users Like Tonpa's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

9 members of the Nkuhumas (all seemingly females) in the company of the Southern Black Dam males.    Two females were seen mating

Attached Files Image(s)

4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

(11-03-2023, 07:04 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: 9 members of the Nkuhumas (all seemingly females) in the company of the Southern Black Dam males.    Two females were seen mating

I’ve been in touch w a few contacts and there does seem to be one young male among these 9.

Also as @Tr1x24 has intimated before (I’ve been unsure about it) there are likely 2M and 2Fs that are alive from the 2021 litters. Presumably one is with Mohawk and the 2019 males (seen earlier in the week among them)
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

BDM with Nkuhumas in addition to the photos above from @criollo2mil 

7 users Like afortich's post

Contributor

So this is the young male sub w the Pride and BDs.  

He is different than the male that we saw alongside his older sibling earlier this week right?

Attached Files Image(s)

3 users Like criollo2mil's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-04-2023, 12:01 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: So this is the young male sub w the Pride and BDs.  

He is different than the male that we saw alongside his older sibling earlier this week right?

Hard to say without whiskers id.

If he is, then theres 5 2021 subs alive, 3 F and 2 M, as theres 4 subs in this sighting.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-04-2023, 12:21 AM by Tr1x24 )

@criollo2mil remember that past sighting, where i said theres 5 subs and not 4 as previously tought?

*This image is copyright of its original author

Last one is definetly boy, but this one in the middle might be aswell:

Problem with that sighting, and now this recent sighting is that 1of 4 adult females is missing, might be that Chela is not hanging with them that often.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Contributor

(11-04-2023, 12:17 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: @criollo2mil remember that past sighting, where i said theres 5 subs and not 4 as previously tought?

Last one is definetly boy, but this one in the middle might be aswell:

Problem with that sighting, and now this recent sighting is that 1of 4 adult females is missing, might be that Chela is not hanging with them that often.

Yeah, I remember you giving this breakdown and I do think there’s at least two boys alive. Hopefully 3 girls also would be great. They’ve been in red hard to pin down at once. Often intermixing w the boys also makes it hard to see together
3 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

BDM with Nkuhuma lioness

5 users Like afortich's post

Contributor

Nkuhuma Breakaway Sub Adults in Singita. Guide told the guest that while the PCMs stay mostly w their other prides, they do visit periodically w these three.

The boy is massive for his age. He was born mid January 2022. WoW!

! They had caught a zebra. Both youngsters are getting so big. They are a bit shy with the vehicles as they don’t get to see them often.
Sighting from today November 8th.

Singita
Credit to guide Coman Mnisi

8 users Like criollo2mil's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Holy cow the boy is massive, and he is not even 2. I don't remember seeing such a huge below 2yo lion before.

If he makes it to adulthood he may become bigger than his fathers.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Amber eyes daughter alone on Chitwa this afternoon

7 users Like Tonpa's post

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators

" target="_blank" class="post_link">

" target="_blank" class="post_link">

This sighting was from a couple weeks back when the Nkuhumas caught a zebra. This boy not daring to share his spot!
4 users Like Horizon's post

Ttimemarti Offline

Quick question at the end of darkmanes life he was hanging with the nkuhumas and they basically accepted him so did they know who he was? I’m 100% sure if it was a different older male he wouldn’t be allowed near the pride for that long

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(11-11-2023, 02:26 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: Quick question at the end of darkmanes life he was hanging with the nkuhumas and they basically accepted him so did they know who he was? I’m 100% sure if it was a different older male he wouldn’t be allowed near the pride for that long
The females would have knew him from past mating, the subs prolly not as much but they would have known he was safe to be around, hence them spending time with him during that last buffalo hunt.