There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Nkuhuma Pride

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(02-09-2023, 11:58 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Young Nkuhuma male on shirleys

The lost/separated boy.   1/6 young subs.   He looks in quite good shape.   Let’s pray the Pride circles back up soon and find him
7 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

More of the youngster by game_ranger_gabe, he got tree'd by Hyenas who stole his Impala kill 

9 users Like Tonpa's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-10-2023, 03:14 AM by Tr1x24 )

(02-10-2023, 12:17 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: The lost/separated boy.   1/6 young subs.   He looks in quite good shape.   Let’s pray the Pride circles back up soon and find him

His only hope is to hear roaring / contact calling from Nkuhumas, if hyenas or leopards dont kill him, he should be able to survive week or two on his own in this condition.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

How old is this youngster??
1 user Likes afortich's post

Contributor

(02-10-2023, 10:51 PM)afortich Wrote: How old is this youngster??

Born April 2021.   So about 22 months old.
5 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States GhostCatP-22 Offline

What an amazing boy! Did he get to eat a bit or was the impala taken right away? 
What’s “little legend” in the local language? That should be his name!
Was he from the sub adult group or the cubbies group? The Cubs are still split up between groups, are the groups by each other?

He didn’t read the books that male lions don’t hunt or climb trees.
Hopefully he can get enough food till he finds his pride again or pride finds him.
4 users Like GhostCatP-22's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

@criollo2mil hey i notice you know exact dates of lions birth, i think you should make a list for lions of Sabi Sands, in "current status of lion prides" thread, if you want. 

https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-current...ion-prides

I mean, i can do it but i dont know exact dates of more recent lion cubs/subs, i only know roughly when they are born.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@Tr1x24 if he is indeed born in April 2021 no leopard is gonna kill him as he is bigger than any leopard.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

That would put him on roughly the same age as the Othawa youngsters. Which have survived for almost half a year now as orphans. 
The Sparta subadult also survived for a few months despite being younger. 

If he learned to properly hunt and hide. He will probably be fine for a while and a few youth traumas richer.
3 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-11-2023, 02:45 AM by Tr1x24 )

(02-11-2023, 01:11 AM)Mapokser Wrote: @Tr1x24 if he is indeed born in April 2021 no leopard is gonna kill him as he is bigger than any leopard.

Not sure about that, those cubs still look very, very small compared to sub males and adult females. 

Recent photos:

*This image is copyright of its original author

*This image is copyright of its original author
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

"Mother of 2 nkuhuma lioness don’t mind the rain, hunting is number one priority at this stage"

5 users Like Tonpa's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(02-11-2023, 03:16 AM)Tonpa Wrote: "Mother of 2 nkuhuma lioness don’t mind the rain, hunting is number one priority at this stage"

Cute and good mom.
4 users Like afortich's post

Contributor

(02-11-2023, 12:45 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: @criollo2mil hey i notice you know exact dates of lions birth, i think you should make a list for lions of Sabi Sands, in "current status of lion prides" thread, if you want. 

I mean, i can do it but i dont know exact dates of more recent lion cubs/subs, i only know roughly when they are born.

The idea of a thread sounds like a great idea.   I don’t have 100% on all the SS prides but have lots of notes   I can use and collaborate with what I can and have.   

I probably can reach out to a few others I know are good with notes also.   I know both @Tonpa  and @lionuk  help me quite often with these things.   

If you create the thread and format, I can go there to help populate with what I have??
5 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

(02-11-2023, 04:39 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(02-11-2023, 12:45 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: @criollo2mil hey i notice you know exact dates of lions birth, i think you should make a list for lions of Sabi Sands, in "current status of lion prides" thread, if you want. 

The idea of a thread sounds like a great idea.   I don’t have 100% on all the SS prides but have lots of notes   I can use and collaborate with what I can and have.   

I probably can reach out to a few others I know are good with notes also.   I know both @Tonpa  and @lionuk  help me quite often with these things.   

If you create the thread and format, I can go there to help populate with what I have??

Sorry….I just realized the thread is already done.    Let me use what I have and submit an initial shell
3 users Like criollo2mil's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 02-11-2023, 08:14 AM by DARK MANE )

Oldest ( &biggest) nkuhuma subadult/ young male.
8 users Like DARK MANE's post