There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Nkuhuma Pride

Belgium criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

I thought I had posted this earlier but don’t see it.  

More of an eventful morning w Nkuhuma breakaways

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-17-2024, 12:08 AM by criollo2mil )

The Oldest of the PCMs’s Male lineage.   The Nkuhuma Breakaway Boy

6 users Like criollo2mil's post

KM600 Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-17-2024, 03:10 PM by KM600 )

Lone BDM tries to join Mohawk and the Nkuhumas

5 users Like KM600's post

Contributor

The Nkuhumas accompanied by both Mohawk and The Southern Black Dam Male

5 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(07-18-2024, 05:02 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: The Nkuhumas accompanied by both Mohawk and The Southern Black Dam Male

Incredible! I would love to see the two of those boys team up, we know they both could use it. Wouldn't that be something, if they team up, and rejoin the Nkuhumas, given it was this BDM and his brother who caused Mohawk to leave in the first place. Scenes like this are why we loves these creatures so much, you never know what news the next day will bring, and every day comes with it's surprises.
4 users Like BA0701's post

Poland NLAL11 Offline

(07-18-2024, 08:29 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(07-18-2024, 05:02 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: The Nkuhumas accompanied by both Mohawk and The Southern Black Dam Male

Incredible! I would love to see the two of those boys team up, we know they both could use it. Wouldn't that be something, if they team up, and rejoin the Nkuhumas, given it was this BDM and his brother who caused Mohawk to leave in the first place. Scenes like this are why we loves these creatures so much, you never know what news the next day will bring, and every day comes with it's surprises.

While I would love to see the remaining Southern BD male find a new partner (can his brother be considered a southern BD male anymore?), Mohawk is not the most ideal partner, considering his age. And Mohawk is the father/uncle of 5 of the lionesses, so again not ideal.

But yes it would be a funny turn of events if these two males did team up.
4 users Like NLAL11's post

Ttimemarti Offline

Alright so quick question and the 6 black dam males are sons of the giraffes male and the giraffe male is the younger brother of the old avoca giraffe males and their sons are the 5 avoca males (3 northern 2 southern)  so they are cousins or something right?
4 users Like Ttimemarti's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-19-2024, 12:07 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: Alright so quick question and the 6 black dam males are sons of the giraffes male and the giraffe male is the younger brother of the old avoca giraffe males and their sons are the 5 avoca males (3 northern 2 southern)  so they are cousins or something right?

Yep, their fathers where brothers.
8 users Like Tr1x24's post

RookiePundit Offline

(07-18-2024, 11:26 PM)NLAL11 Wrote:

While I would love to see the remaining Southern BD male find a new partner (can his brother be considered a southern BD male anymore?), Mohawk is not the most ideal partner, considering his age. And Mohawk is the father/uncle of 5 of the lionesses, so again not ideal.

They could possibly (longshot though) join up with the sub-adult Nkuhuma male as well, buying each other time (Mohawk having more of a support system to be around longer, BDM to heal, sub-adult to mature a bit). They'll stick around Nkuhumas only till a determined opposition appears anyway, I wouldn't be afraid of inbreeding in this case (at worst because if they actually sire any cubs their chance to make it to independence would be slim anyway).
2 users Like RookiePundit's post

Go131810 Offline

Incredible! I would love to see the two of those boys team up, we know they both could use it. Wouldn't that be something, if they team up, and rejoin the Nkuhumas, given it was this BDM and his brother who caused Mohawk to leave in the first place. Scenes like this are why we loves these creatures so much, you never know what news the next day will bring, and every day comes with 
It wouldn’t be good Mohawk probably has most of his daughters in the Nukhuma pride.

Go131810 Offline

(07-19-2024, 08:46 PM)RookiePundit Wrote:
(07-18-2024, 11:26 PM)NLAL11 Wrote:

They could possibly (longshot though) join up with the sub-adult Nkuhuma male as well, buying each other time (Mohawk having more of a support system to be around longer, BDM to heal, sub-adult to mature a bit). They'll stick around Nkuhumas only till a determined opposition appears anyway, I wouldn't be afraid of inbreeding in this case (at worst because if they actually sire any cubs their chance to make it to independence would be slim anyway)
Once cubs are born they are life. I am not sure by what you mean.

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

He means that these cubs are very likely to die so we don't need to worry about their genetic heritage.

Mwk85 Offline

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like Mwk85's post

KM600 Offline

4 Nkuhuma lionesses with one of the PCMs. Apparently Mohawk and the BDM were roaring while with the pride and that may have been why both PCMs stormed on the scene, even chasing the lionesses. Interesting thing is, Mohawk kept roaring far away from them.

3 users Like KM600's post

Mapokser Offline
Contributor

1 PCM attacked a lioness as well.
2 users Like Mapokser's post