There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Year 2017!

United States Polar Offline
Polar Bear Enthusiast

Members of WildFact, how are you all?

I create this thread for any of you to share your New Year's resolutions for the oncoming year (2017), and I shall share mine shortly. But before I get to my own resolutions, I want to state two things foremost:

- One, the series "Polar" will be a continuing series for the rest of the year, one entry every day until January 15th. If you want to access the series, look upon the "Miscellaneous" section of this forum; I update it everyday.

- Secondly, I will create a gaming-vlogging channel on YouTube called "Polar" (same account name used for here). The channel will come upon my return for the second semester of my freshman year (about January 21 or 22), and I will start to fund WildFact (and sponsor it) once I get enough revenue from my YouTube channel. Creating a YouTube channel has been one of my life goals for quite a long time, and I am happy to start this channel as soon as possible.

My New Year's resolutions?

- Make a YouTube channel: my life-long goal.

- Lose some weight: as of now, I am 250-pounds (gained 20-pounds) since leaving for university, and am planning to re-incorporate weightlifting into my Atkin's diet regimen again.

- Become physically stronger: I've always valued strength as part of my personal physical goals; overall, a polar bear needs to be physically strong to keep his image as a brute-hearted killer.

Other than these New Year's resolutions, I wish you all a early happy New Year's Day!  Happy
7 users Like Polar's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Very nice, polar. wish you good luck.
My first and foremost aim is financial stability. If possible, I will visit Dudhawa national park which is very close to my city.

gaming vlogging is a very hot and popular niche, If you able to get success in creating a successful channel, You will make lot of money as well. Some important things to note are
1. Invest in good video recording (screen recording) hardware and software so that you can make high quality videos with great detail. Some video editing software
2. Make sure you are good in speaking in front of camera and explaining things.
3. You are hardcore gamer and good in playing games.
4. You have latest machine with latest hardware and software for gaming (Like high end graphic cards)

The coming era is of video blogging and social media streams. So make pages on facebook, twitter, instagram etc..

I wish all of my members happy new year and hope they able to fulfill their desire in 2017 Like
7 users Like sanjay's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

No Atkins for you @Polar 
You need carbs for energy, just make sure you're eating complex carbs, not simple ones. You're young, a good diet and excersize regiment will do the trick.
I hope everyone has a happy New Years, be safe and have fun.

Next year I'll finally get to see wild tigers which is a life long dream and I hope to continue to grow my business and possibly get engaged... don't tell my gf. Wink
6 users Like Pckts's post

United States Polar Offline
Polar Bear Enthusiast

@sanjay,

I don't have ~$2000 for an expensive set of recording/video editing hardware (top-notch computer, good microphone, good facecam camera, wall sound barriers), but will try to earn half of it within the oncoming summer.

So for now, I will have to record and upload videos using my current recording software on my laptop.

@Pckts,

I think Atkins is not that bad of an idea: there is carbs involved (although no more than 20g net carbs a day), and most of these carbs come from fiber-rich, protein-rich sources such as beans, lentils, kale, and specific soy products. I will eat some rice on the side sometimes (no potatoes/sweets/pastas) and meat as well.

You stated that you were a vegan, right? What kinds of carbs do you usually eat?

And business-wise, what kind of business are you operating on?
6 users Like Polar's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 12-28-2016, 10:50 PM by Pckts )

@Polar 
I'm a very poor "vegan"
I try to be most of the time but I still will have sushi and chicken/eggs from time to time.

Plant based protein already has quite a bit of carbs in it but I will also have any complex carbs, but I time it.
I will try to eat carbs before a workout and more protein after, just make sure you're eating whole wheat and not starchy carbs.

Instead of going on a unsustainable diet like the atkins "low carb", which is also unhealthy, you should start counting your macros if you really want to change your diet.
Here is a quick calculator for you
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronut...ulator.htm

Also if weight loss is your goal, you'll need to adjust your workouts. Instead of trying to PR every week you should be implementing High Rep/Low Weight training or HIIT "high intensity interval training" is another great tool. Pretty much, you need to add cardio into your regiment.
I lost over 100lbs by eating fast food (whole wheat bun/chicken sandwich) which I don't recommend of course, but I was young and I got lucky, I found MMA/Boxing and after that, I couldn't keep the weight on, as I got older I needed to adjust my diet to help my slowing metabolism and lack of intense workouts since I no longer was a Boxer. Once you find a good routine you'll be able to drop the unwanted lbs as well, just be patient and it will happen.
GL

In regards to work, I'm in the commercial furniture industry, I have a couple of stores and I'm hopping for a good year!
5 users Like Pckts's post

India brotherbear Offline
Grizzly Enthusiast

Polar and Pckts; good luck to you both in your endeavors. I wish you both success.
My new years' resolution: to continue on a third year of taking care of my friend. I have been by her side now for 29 months. I'm not complaining though. She is making progress now in therapy. This site is a huge help for me as a pleasant escape from time-to-time. I also stay in contact with my two daughters; one in Florida and the other in Alabama - along with six grandkids and one in the oven.   Happy
7 users Like brotherbear's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(12-29-2016, 12:03 AM)brotherbear Wrote: Polar and Pckts; good luck to you both in your endeavors. I wish you both success.
My new years' resolution: to continue on a third year of taking care of my friend. I have been by her side now for 29 months. I'm not complaining though. She is making progress now in therapy. This site is a huge help for me as a pleasant escape from time-to-time. I also stay in contact with my two daughters; one in Florida and the other in Alabama - along with six grandkids and one in the oven.   Happy

Well done Brobear, you have a big heart. I wish her the best and hopefully a full recovery.
6 users Like Pckts's post

peter Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 12-31-2016, 10:44 PM by peter )

Yes, our mod Brotherbear is a man to be respected.

The forum has more that make me proud.

The forum itself also is doing ok. So far, I'm very happy with the results.

I wish all members and readers a happy New Year. Happy underlined.

On behalf of Sanjay and all mods,

Peter.
6 users Like peter's post