There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
N'waswitshaka males

Ngonya Online

Londolozi - The Week in Pictures #638
"The larger Ndzhenga Male paces through an open clearing, saliva dripping from his jaws as he was intent on following the scent of an intruder in his territory."

*This image is copyright of its original author

"The larger of the two Ndzengha Male’s confidently strides through the open crest to rejoin the females and cubs of the Ntsevu Pride."

7 users Like Ngonya's post

Ngonya Online
( This post was last modified: 03-04-2024, 08:49 PM by Ngonya )

Amahle attempts to get an easy meal climbing a tree
"A TREE CLIMBING LION
This morning the Ndhzenga male thought he could bag himself an easy meal.
Unfortunately, he quickly learnt that he’d bitten off more than he could chew…"
9 users Like Ngonya's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Both PCMs and Ndzengas are in Londooizi today. worth keeping a watchful eye

9 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Ndzengas warning intruders this is their territory

12 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(03-13-2024, 11:12 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Ndzengas warning intruders this is their territory

Over the years, the N'was have repeatedly proven themselves as one of the strongest coalitions around, they are not to be trifled with.
8 users Like BA0701's post

South Africa Rabubi Offline

N'waswitshaka Males and Kambula Pride
9 users Like Rabubi's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

Boys in Londolozi today:

Photo credits: andreasithole

10 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

(03-19-2024, 03:48 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Boys in Londolozi today:

Hope they aren't following Roars...  Of course, maybe Kambula's just run again.
2 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Super Moderator

(03-19-2024, 05:55 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote:

The picture that was posted of the K-Boys today, says it was taken today as well, appears to have the same overcast, dark skies, in it as well. I am not sure, in a square miles kind of way, how big Londolozi actually is, or how big of a storm that might be, I've seen the same massive storm darken the skies from Tennessee all the way into Central Florida, so they could be tens of miles apart for all I know. It was just an observation I noticed.
2 users Like BA0701's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-20-2024, 12:47 AM by Mapokser )

@T_Ferguson Kambulas have not ran from Ndhzengas recently, at least not that we know of.

They haven't met in a long long time.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

(03-19-2024, 09:52 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 05:55 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote:

The picture that was posted of the K-Boys today, says it was taken today as well, appears to have the same overcast, dark skies, in it as well. I am not sure, in a square miles kind of way, how big Londolozi actually is, or how big of a storm that might be, I've seen the same massive storm darken the skies from Tennessee all the way into Central Florida, so they could be tens of miles apart for all I know. It was just an observation I noticed.

According to the Googles, Londolozi is apparently 58 square miles.  Seems large enough to support them all.  Many were concerned about the N'Was and PCM's both being there a few days ago.
2 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(03-19-2024, 10:50 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: According to the Googles, Londolozi is apparently 58 square miles.  Seems large enough to support them all.  Many were concerned about the N'Was and PCM's both being there a few days ago.

Yea, Londolozi is roughly 10x10 km square, which is quite big.

So even when we have Ndhzengas in the east and PCMs in the west theres many km in between them, its not like they are under 1km or something.

Not sure where are Kambulas today, but Ndhzengas are usually in eastern Londolozi.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Super Moderator

@T_Ferguson and @Tr1x24 Thank you guys, very helpful!
2 users Like BA0701's post

Ngonya Online

The two mighty Ndzhenga males on patrol at MalaMala
8 users Like Ngonya's post

Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 03-24-2024, 05:53 AM by BA0701 )

(03-24-2024, 03:28 AM)Ngonya Wrote: The two mighty Ndzhenga males on patrol at MalaMala

"The Mighty" indeed. When they first came on the scene, and back when @Tr1x24 first made the thread in 2019, other than their numbers, nothing about them really struck me as extraordinary, and while there were 4 of them, Ubuso always seemed to be the odd man out, spending more time to himself than the others, and Gore had his obvious injury. I never would have thought that they'd have built the incredible legacy that they have, especially when you consider a lot of that legacy was built with just the remaining two while being surrounded by younger and larger coalitions. What amazing warriors, fathers, and pride males they have been, and continue to be.
7 users Like BA0701's post