There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
N'waswitshaka males

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

4 N'ws in Sabi Sabi:

They where hunting buffalo until distance roar was heard, immidiately 4 males run to the location, to find lone female (prob Styx), 4 males started fighting for female, and it seems it was quite intense by the blood on Dominant N'ws mouth, who get the female at the end:

5 users Like Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom Hairy tummy Offline
( This post was last modified: 10-19-2020, 06:36 PM by Hairy tummy )

Nice one zuri/dominate nwaswishaka,
Getting the ladies is worth a scar or two
1 user Likes Hairy tummy's post

Also hearing the nwaswishaka had a run in with the Skukuza coalition, 
Any truth to this?
2 users Like Hairy tummy's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-19-2020, 06:39 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Also hearing the nwaswishaka had a run in with the Skukuza coalition, 
Any truth to this?

Did you mean the DeLaporte males?
Until this day doesn't exist much proofs that the N'waswitshaka and DeLaporte were on a territorial fight.
Talamati and Dreadlock were looking fantastic and without any kind of injuries on his face/body/hindquarters etc.
Perhaps,that's was a speculations of the rangers
2 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The most beautiful boys among the N'waswitshaka coalition (in my opinion)
Image by: Eric Herbst

1 user Likes T I N O's post

( This post was last modified: 10-19-2020, 08:21 PM by Hairy tummy )

It was reported on youtube that they had fought the Skukuza males
I was only aware of a clash with the delaporte males
By skukuza, will they mean the hilda rock male?

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator
Wink 

(10-19-2020, 06:35 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Nice one zuri/dominate nwaswishaka,
Getting the ladies is worth a scar or two

Having received one or two scars myself, from like pursuits, I agree with your comment wholeheartedly.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-19-2020, 08:09 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: It was reported on youtube that they had fought the Skukuza males
I was only aware of a clash with the delaporte males
By skukuza, will they mean the hilda rock male

Where did you see that?

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-19-2020, 09:21 PM by Tr1x24 )

(10-19-2020, 07:27 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: Did you mean the DeLaporte males?
Until this day doesn't exist much proofs that the N'waswitshaka and DeLaporte were on a territorial fight.
Talamati and Dreadlock were looking fantastic and without any kind of injuries on his face/body/hindquarters etc.

They where in a fight, Orange Eye almost lost an eye, rangers said that they heard lions fighting in the night, and only DeLaporte males are see in that area besides N'ws..

Dreadlocks on recent sighting have quite a lot scars on his backs:

And few sources from Lion Sands confirmed that they fought 2 DeLaporte males..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

It was on a post by lions of Africa-wildlife videos. 
Read it on a few comments posted around on youtube too. Youtube not a very good source though is it

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-19-2020, 09:19 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 07:27 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: Did you mean the DeLaporte males?

They where in a fight, Orange Eye almost lost an eye, rangers said that they heard lions fighting in the night, and only DeLaporte males are see in that area besides N'ws..

Dreadlocks on recent sighting have quite a lot scars on his backs:

And few sources from Lion Sands confirmed that they fought 2 DeLaporte males..

Those scars doesn't are recent.
Dreadlock has those scars much before than the fight that the N'waswitshaka were involved. Also  they are judging by the area on the Delaporte males were seen recently. But that doesn't mean that them have fight with them

1 user Likes T I N O's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 10-19-2020, 09:50 PM by BA0701 )

I came across this video, which seems to be catching everyone up on recent lion news across the Mara and Sabi Sands, and it does mention a possible fight between the N'was and the Skukuza. The video also shows Sikio being treated by the vets, and mentioned that Lolarpit is actually doing well, given his recent struggles, @BigLion39 .

1 user Likes BA0701's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-19-2020, 10:07 PM by Tr1x24 )

(10-19-2020, 09:50 PM)BA0701 Wrote: I came across this video, which seems to be catching everyone up on recent lion news across the Mara and Sabi Sands, and it does mention a possible fight between the N'was and the Skukuza. The video also shows Sikio being treated by the vets, and mentioned that Lolarpit is actually doing well, given his recent struggles, @BigLion39 .

Yea, by Skukuza males they think of DeLaportes. 

(10-19-2020, 09:44 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: Those scars doesn't are recent.
Dreadlock has those scars much before than the fight that the N'waswitshaka were involved. Also  they are judging by the area on the Delaporte males were seen recently. But that doesn't mean that them have fight with them

First reports from rangers said that 2 Nwaswitshakas fight 2 "unknown" males at Lion Sands.. They either seen or heard 2 unknown males, otherwise they would not know that there where 2..

It was confirmed that S. Avoca where not in the fight, because they where seen morning after in Kirkmans Kamp.. 

Theres no other males in that area then DeLaportes, now, did they fought Dreadlocks/Talamati or maybe HRM/3T its unknown..

This discussion we already have, we dont need to do it again..its all said in previous posts..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Yep, thats the one