There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Modern weights and measurements on wild tigers

Jerricson Offline
Prometheus

(12-22-2022, 08:24 PM)Pckts Wrote:
(12-22-2022, 07:05 PM)Jerricson Wrote:
(12-22-2022, 10:16 AM)Bruceenzo Wrote: The dead body was shifted after inquest formalities to Transit Treatment Centre (TTC) for postmortem. Autopsy was performed by a team of veterinary doctors, Dr Ravikant Khobragade, Dr Kundan Podchalwar and Dr Pravir Damle in presence of NTCA representative Bandu Dhotre and PCCF representative, Mukesh Bhandakkar. — IANS

I hope you guys can ask the veterinarian who measured waghdoh.

I have Dr. Ravikant on WhatsApp.

Were you able to ask about the weighing process? Also if measurements were taken over the curves or a straight line?
Body mass estimated and body length taken along the curves. I've asked him if he's weighed any more tigers and this was his response: 'Many times I couldn’t get good opportunity to do it due to many factors during conflict Rescue'
2 users Like Jerricson's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(12-24-2022, 05:59 PM)Jerricson Wrote:
(12-22-2022, 10:16 AM)Bruceenzo Wrote: The dead body was shifted after inquest formalities to Transit Treatment Centre (TTC) for postmortem. Autopsy was performed by a team of veterinary doctors, Dr Ravikant Khobragade, Dr Kundan Podchalwar and Dr Pravir Damle in presence of NTCA representative Bandu Dhotre and PCCF representative, Mukesh Bhandakkar. — IANS

Were you able to ask about the weighing process? Also if measurements were taken over the curves or a straight line?
Body mass estimated and body length taken along the curves. I've asked him if he's weighed any more tigers and this was his response: 'Many times I couldn’t get good opportunity to do it due to many factors during conflict Rescue'

So his mass was estimated. I figured with those dimensions and girth there was no way he’d be 270kg. Especially with the dimensions over the curves as well. 

It’d be nice if he could provide some weights he’s actually taken? 
Thanks for the effort.

abhisingh7 Offline

have u asked about recent rathambhore tigers that were translocated to sariska like t113 .

United States Bruceenzo Offline
Banned

@Khan85
Handsome,you have to say something about this??? 

Besides, Mr. Jerricson, can you post your chat record??
1 user Likes Bruceenzo's post

Jerricson Offline
Prometheus

*This image is copyright of its original author

I blurred his profile pic as it included his family members.
5 users Like Jerricson's post

Jerricson Offline
Prometheus

(12-24-2022, 06:03 PM)Pckts Wrote:

So his mass was estimated. I figured with those dimensions and girth there was no way he’d be 270kg. Especially with the dimensions over the curves as well. 

It’d be nice if he could provide some weights he’s actually taken? 
Thanks for the effort.
I asked him about CT-1 , the recent male he caught and he told me the specimen was neither weighed nor measured.
4 users Like Jerricson's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

thanks @Jerricson 

I wonder what’s going on.   Neutral
1 user Likes Roflcopters's post

Czech Republic Charger01 Offline
Animal admirer & Vegan
( This post was last modified: 12-25-2022, 07:23 AM by Charger01 )

3 yrs old Ustad from paw injury treatment when he weighed 240 kg (24/04/2009)
Credits to Ranthambore Forest Department

5 users Like Charger01's post

abhisingh7 Offline

(12-25-2022, 06:37 AM)Charger01 Wrote: 3 yrs old Ustad from paw injury treatment when he weighed 240 kg (24/04/2009)
Credits to Ranthambore Forest Department

ustaad in winter , when dharmendra khandal estimated him 260-270kg , this is separate capture , ustaad at his peak here perhaps .

Attached Files Image(s)

1 user Likes abhisingh7's post

abhisingh7 Offline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcN-bua54gw this guy swimmed 120km

Attached Files Image(s)

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(12-28-2022, 12:41 AM)abhisingh7 Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcN-bua54gw this guy swimmed 120km

Since these are weights or measurements we generally put them here
https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-wild-ca...ed?page=50

abhisingh7 Offline

(12-28-2022, 01:14 AM)Pckts Wrote:
(12-28-2022, 12:41 AM)abhisingh7 Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcN-bua54gw this guy swimmed 120km

Since these are weights or measurements we generally put them here
https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-wild-ca...ed?page=50
okkk.....i thought it will be useful in getting more information about it .

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert
( This post was last modified: 01-01-2023, 09:58 AM by Roflcopters )

someone from youtube reached out to me recently and shared this picture with me and asked me what i thought about this, upon investigating. i realized it came from the same fanboy "muhammed yusuf", last username on this forum - ZigZag (now banned). keep in mind, this individual is part of the Lion vs Tiger fanboy group, none of those people are here for real conservation. rather it's more of "my cat is bigger than yours fantasy war". most of the weights and measurements by this individual are fabricated and he has a history of talking to himself under different names. here's a picture of an alleged "21 cm lion pugmark" belonging to a lion called "BDM"

this fanboy claims this is a 21cm pugmark. pay attention to the bic lighter that can be seen on the bottom of the picture. being fairly familiar with these lighters as they are very common here in the US and Canada (not sure if its the case worldwide). I figured i could use the width of the lighter which is fairly standard at 2.2cm and try to measure both length and width by placing the lighters from starting point to the ending point. (both vertical and horizontal)  

a small bic lighter to the left, a random lighter and a big size bic lighter on the far right. the smaller bic is just around 2cm roughly and the big size bic lighter is roughly around 2.2cm. 

(big size bic lighter) this scale here is in inches, the lighter is just under 1 inch wide.

I was trying to figure out how to go on about this as accurate as possible and also to avoid (outside interference) so i copied the lighter from the picture and used the width of the lighter and copy pasted the lighters vertically and horizontally. I also scaled each lighter at 2.2cm on the scale. I was able to get 13.4cm in length and 10.7cm in width, with a little margin for error maybe. (if you can convince me lighter was odd 1 and a half inch or 2 inch wide - which is highly unlikely) there's no way this pugmark was anywhere close to the claimed 21cm. I don't think many of these fanboys even realize how big a 20cm + pugmark would look like on a picture, let alone next to a scale.  Grin DEBUNKED

here's a few other pugmark measurements (tigers)

14.8 cm (PML), this either belonged to a very large female or a male tiger. (Pench, MP)

tiger jai's pugmark next to a scale, just under 15cm. this male tiger weighed 220kg (Umred Karhandla)
8 users Like Roflcopters's post

strongmanw7 Offline

(01-01-2023, 08:56 AM)Roflcopters Wrote: someone from youtube reached out to me recently and shared this picture with me and asked me what i thought about this, upon investigating. i realized it came from the same fanboy "muhammed yusuf", last username on this forum - ZigZag (now banned). keep in mind, this individual is part of the Lion vs Tiger fanboy group, none of those people are here for real conservation. rather it's more of "my cat is bigger than yours fantasy war". most of the weights and measurements by this individual are fabricated and he has a history of talking to himself under different names. here's a picture of an alleged "21 cm lion pugmark" belonging to a lion called "BDM". whats the width of tyre prints near rajaji male paw marks. can u estimate the paw width of that camera trapped rajaji male.

this fanboy claims this is a 21cm pugmark. pay attention to the bic lighter that can be seen on the bottom of the picture. being fairly familiar with these lighters as they are very common here in the US and Canada (not sure if its the case worldwide). I figured i could use the width of the lighter which is fairly standard at 2.2cm and try to measure both length and width by placing the lighters from starting point to the ending point. (both vertical and horizontal)  

a small bic lighter to the left, a random lighter and a big size bic lighter on the far right. the smaller bic is just around 2cm roughly and the big size bic lighter is roughly around 2.2cm. 

(big size bic lighter) this scale here is in inches, the lighter is just under 1 inch wide.

I was trying to figure out how to go on about this as accurate as possible and also to avoid (outside interference) so i copied the lighter from the picture and used the width of the lighter and copy pasted the lighters vertically and horizontally. I also scaled each lighter at 2.2cm on the scale. I was able to get 13.4cm in length and 10.7cm in width, with a little margin for error maybe. (if you can convince me lighter was odd 1 and a half inch or 2 inch wide - which is highly unlikely) there's no way this pugmark was anywhere close to the claimed 21cm. I don't think many of these fanboys even realize how big a 20cm + pugmark would look like on a picture, let alone next to a scale.  Grin DEBUNKED

here's a few other pugmark measurements (tigers)

14.8 cm (PML), this either belonged to a very large female or a male tiger. (Pench, MP)

tiger jai's pugmark next to a scale, just under 15cm. this male tiger weighed 220kg (Umred Karhandla)

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

@strongmanw7 

Unfortunately, i have nothing to work with. i can only work with known objects in the picture or even the tire tread if i knew the size of the tire.
1 user Likes Roflcopters's post