There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Modern weights and measurements on wild tigers

United States Bruceenzo Offline
Banned

The dead body was shifted after inquest formalities to Transit Treatment Centre (TTC) for postmortem. Autopsy was performed by a team of veterinary doctors, Dr Ravikant Khobragade, Dr Kundan Podchalwar and Dr Pravir Damle in presence of NTCA representative Bandu Dhotre and PCCF representative, Mukesh Bhandakkar. — IANS

I hope you guys can ask the veterinarian who measured waghdoh.
2 users Like Bruceenzo's post

Banned

(12-06-2022, 10:46 PM)Pckts Wrote:
*This image is copyright of its original author

Dude, is this 288kg tiger real? Who measured him?

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(12-22-2022, 09:56 AM)Bruceenzo Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 10:46 PM)Pckts Wrote:

Dude, is this 288kg tiger real? Who measured him?

I’d also like to know
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Jerricson Offline
Prometheus

(12-22-2022, 09:46 AM)Bruceenzo Wrote: The dead body was shifted after inquest formalities to Transit Treatment Centre (TTC) for postmortem. Autopsy was performed by a team of veterinary doctors, Dr Ravikant Khobragade, Dr Kundan Podchalwar and Dr Pravir Damle in presence of NTCA representative Bandu Dhotre and PCCF representative, Mukesh Bhandakkar. — IANS

I have Dr. Ravikant on WhatsApp.
3 users Like Jerricson's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 12-22-2022, 07:55 PM by Pckts )

(12-22-2022, 06:35 PM)Jerricson Wrote:
(12-22-2022, 09:46 AM)Bruceenzo Wrote: The dead body was shifted after inquest formalities to Transit Treatment Centre (TTC) for postmortem. Autopsy was performed by a team of veterinary doctors, Dr Ravikant Khobragade, Dr Kundan Podchalwar and Dr Pravir Damle in presence of NTCA representative Bandu Dhotre and PCCF representative, Mukesh Bhandakkar. — IANS

I have Dr. Ravikant on WhatsApp.

Were you able to ask about the weighing process? Also if measurements were taken over the curves or a straight line?
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Italy AndresVida Offline
Animal Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 12-23-2022, 12:29 AM by AndresVida )

@Pckts

@Charger01 is the one who shared to me on discord on July the paper sheet of the 288 kg empty Terai Tiger and also the email of the Vet, but since the Vet wanted to remain private, we decided to not share it on here because everyone would have started to ask, as expected, the name of the person who weighed that giant to see if it was first or second hand report.

Now, I had informed Guategojira about that male and I was going to inform on DMs others of you about this tiger, but it seems so that someone else who got the picture from Charger apparently violated the deal of respecting the privacy of this record, but luckily, he didn't violate the privacy of the vet himself.

If you want, I may send the emails of the vet who confirmed the record, but I'm going to censure the name of him because I don't want to give orders about not going on gmail and start asking him questions, since you know, he prefers remaining private .
6 users Like AndresVida's post

Czech Republic Charger01 Offline
Animal admirer & Vegan
( This post was last modified: 12-24-2022, 02:42 AM by Charger01 )

Here is the table on size and weight of Bengal Tigers that I have collected so far. 

Few notes: 
1. These are the weights that I think are reliable and sourced properly. 
2. The empty weights are a mix of animals that were empty at the time of weighing, or adjusted based on the input of people involved in the capture or my own opinion. So I request to not make a big issue of it if you disagree.

I am open to suggestions on what could be added.

------------------------------------

About the huge 288 kg tiger mentioned by @AndresVida. The information about this tiger was given to me back in July this year, however, I was not allowed to talk freely about it. This is why I did not include him in the table. This is why almost no one knew about this tiger but some mistakes were made, and now it's here. I still cannot disclose much information. Few things I think I can tell is that, the people who weighed this tiger do not have the equipment to weigh them in field, but do so if the animal is moved to their holding center. This tiger was allowed to settle in for around 40 hours and observed, before being sedated for second time when he was weighed. So basically it was on an empty gut. After final examination, the tiger was fed and prepared for translocation. Location cannot be revealed. 

And lastly, about the discussion of gut fill of Ustad, I could not get into contact with the vet who originally darted him. Only they could provide a concrete answer. However, I did ask another vet about it and here's what he had to say: 

Based on this, and the actual pic of Ustad, I have conservatively deducted 18.6 kg from his original weight. I will round it to 20 later. Again, this is just my take on it.
7 users Like Charger01's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

thanks for your efforts. @Charger01 

I didn't know P243's weight was from summer season, he visibly walks around much heavier in the winters.
2 users Like Roflcopters's post

Banned

(12-24-2022, 02:38 AM)Charger01 Wrote: Here is the table on size and weight of Bengal Tigers that I have collected so far. 

Few notes: 
2. The empty weights are a mix of animals that were empty at the time of weighing, or adjusted based on the input of people involved in the capture or my own opinion. So I request to not make a big issue of it if you disagree.

About the huge 288 kg tiger mentioned by @AndresVida. The information about this tiger was given to me back in July this year, however, I was not allowed to talk freely about it. This is why I did not include him in the table. This is why almost no one knew about this tiger but some mistakes were made, and now it's here. I still cannot disclose much information. Few things I think I can tell is that, the people who weighed this tiger do not have the equipment to weigh them in field, but do so if the animal is moved to their holding center. This tiger was allowed to settle in for around 40 hours and observed, before being sedated for second time when he was weighed. So basically it was on an empty gut. After final examination, the tiger was fed and prepared for translocation. Location cannot be revealed. 

And lastly, about the discussion of gut fill of Ustad, I could not get into contact with the vet who originally darted him. Only they could provide a concrete answer. However, I did ask another vet about it and here's what he had to say: 

Based on this, and the actual pic of Ustad, I have conservatively deducted 18.6 kg from his original weight. I will round it to 20 later. Again, this is just my take on it.

Well done, man. I hope you can ask the veterinarian of Waghdoh.

Banned

Happy Christmas to all tiger fans in advance. The measuring veterinarian of 288kg tiger didn't want to disclose his name. To be honest, I don't like this. Recently, there was a fanboy of Xxxx who filled out a medical examination form and showed his chat record with the veterinarian. He boasted that the veterinarian didn't want to disclose his name. Finally, people found that the so-called veterinarian who talked with him was also him, that is, he was replying to himself. I unconditionally believe what tiger fans say, but such data is very easy to be imitated by fanboy.
1 user Likes Bruceenzo's post

Banned

(12-24-2022, 02:38 AM)Charger01 Wrote: Here is the table on size and weight of Bengal Tigers that I have collected so far. 

Few notes: 

Happy Christmas to all tiger fans in advance. The measuring veterinarian of 288kg tiger didn't want to disclose his name. To be honest, I don't like this. Recently, there was a fanboy of Xxxx who filled out a medical examination form and showed his chat record with the veterinarian. He boasted that the veterinarian didn't want to disclose his name. Finally, people found that the so-called veterinarian who talked with him was also him, that is, he was replying to himself. I unconditionally believe what tiger fans say, but such data is very easy to be imitated by fanboy.

Czech Republic Charger01 Offline
Animal admirer & Vegan

(12-24-2022, 05:52 AM)Bruceenzo Wrote:

Few notes: 

Hello Bruceenzo. Welcome to the forum. 

I think I have some idea of what you're talking about. 

Since you have disabled your PMs, is there any other way we can talk privately? Like discord or instagram? 

Thanks.
2 users Like Charger01's post

abhisingh7 Offline

(12-24-2022, 10:04 AM)Charger01 Wrote:

Few notes: 

Since you have disabled your PMs, is there any other way we can talk privately? Like discord or instagram? 

Thanks.
-
is this massive chitwan male (around a decade ago) is measured ?

Attached Files Image(s)

1 user Likes abhisingh7's post

Banned

(12-24-2022, 10:04 AM)Charger01 Wrote:

Few notes: 

Thanks.

Hello, I just registered a small account in Instagram with a tiger avatar. You can send me a private message@ bruceenzo_

Banned

Instagram michael jamison4618, I commented on the latest trends of the man with two tigers (12.15), and you can also find me there.