There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Modern Weights and Measurements of Wild Lions

United States Bruceenzo Offline
Banned

(01-24-2023, 07:41 PM)布鲁琴佐 Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 06:48 PM)之字形 Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 12:12 AM)数据包 Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 10:57 PM)充电器01 Wrote: YouTube 频道所有者说的是体重超过 300 公斤,但兽医估计他有 265 公斤的空重。他一定是在称重之前吃了一顿大餐。但在与其他人讨论后,我仍然有疑问。 

我与 Welgevonden 的两名官员取得了联系。 

1. 保护经理 

2. 生物监测经理

在解雇任何事情之前,我还是想和真正的兽医谈谈。

这些看起来很清楚,但无论如何,应该简单地从程序的内容和运作方式中驳回这种说法。它不是自由放养的猫,显然严重过度喂食。

在我看来,Dinokeng 一点也不胖,而且他也在自己的保护区里做自己的事情,所以我不明白为什么他不自由放养。他最近刚打架,受了伤。或者我理解错了。

不,他们不测量任何狮子。现在我怀疑你就是那个人。你是谁???

Attached Files Image(s)

Banned

(12-01-2022, 03:31 AM)Pckts Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 01:10 AM)ZigZak Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 11:14 PM)Pckts Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 05:57 AM)Mapokser Wrote: @Potato the person I'm talking to claimed the Matshipiri were big himself, he said:

"I actually saw these two photographed on ig, I thought the male looked massive and it looks like he lives up to the hype. What a bulky boy!"

About other rangers opinion on Mapogos and Majins, true, but:

1. KNP Males' territory wasn't in Londolozi, they have seen Freddy and Limper in occasion only, same for Mapogos and the southern guide. In comparison Rob spent years with both Mapogos and Majins, plus KY's skull was smaller than the 5th Majingilane, so it's fair to say the opinion that Majins were bigger has much more weight to it, though I don't think they were much bigger.

#https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-the-matshapiri-males?page=2

@Pckts  Yes the ranger thought a Mara lion he saw was bigger, so what? Apart from this male he thought it was the Matimbas.

The Charleston male was 3yo and the Sand River was a prime male, we have both these facts confirmed. Sand Rivers fought and took over the Southern Pride in 2012, two years before the fight with the Charleston boy who was born 3 years before. Sand Rivers even mated with the Charleston's aunt that was raising them.

Matimbas comparison with Bboys are important because you're claiming all lions within a region are of similar size.

And size is only one decisive factor when lions chase or fight each other so it'a irrelevant if Mapogos and Majingilanes fought Matimbas, you yourself said the difference between Ron and Caesar was huge, difference of 185 male to a 225kg, still they were ib the same coalition fighting for mating rights and Ron was reported to be the most dominant.

Anyway it's clear you won't change your mind about 225kg being the peak weight of a lion, we should just agree to desagree, it was my mistake getting involved in these discussions, tigers fans like yourself are probably debating such things with lion fans for more than a decade now and if both sides have never reached and agreement surely I'll not be the one to change your mind.

Anyway, have a good day, no bad feelings!

Quote: Yes the ranger thought a Mara lion he saw was bigger, so what? Apart from this male he thought it was the Matimbas.
I've seen E. African Lions and have always maintained they'd be larger than S. African free ranging males depending on the location. That being said, the largest male from E. Africa was a 272kg cattle lifter. Although I have little doubt they can reach higher weights. 

Quote:The Charleston male was 3yo and the Sand River was a prime male, we have both these facts confirmed. Sand Rivers fought and took over the Southern Pride in 2012, two years before the fight with the Charleston boy who was born 3 years before. Sand Rivers even mated with the Charleston's aunt that was raising them.
Who has these facts confirme
Neither is full adult by the looks of it, both are most likely still coming into the fully mature stage of their lives and neither are in their prime. The SRM is the son of the Skukuza Male who was still alive in 2020 and this video was from 2014 so generally speaking, Wild Lions live to about 12 if lucky and take 3 years to sexually mature and generally longer than that to have cubs. So rough estimates would put him around 4 during this video but that's purely speculation on my part if all information mentioned is correct. Regardless, the size difference is minimal which was your claim.

Quote:Matimbas comparison with Bboys are important because you're claiming all lions within a region are of similar size.
 They are, what is mentioned has little to do with that. Lions within a coalition can be small compared to the larger ones, but generally speaking they'll be in the 185kg-225kg range on empty stomachs. Hence *similar size*

Quote:Anyway it's clear you won't change your mind about 225kg being the peak weight of a lion,
I've never said this, but regardless we can move on from here.

As i know there is even a heavier lion in east africa but i forgot the weight. It was close to 290 kg (with minor fill) if i remember correctly. Also i was told the Mnt Kenya lion was not a cattle killer at the time when he was killed.. according to this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4RDC-AlnUY
No confirmation on the other one and the Mt Kenyan Lion was a cattle killer. Noted on his skull.
"euthanized for stock raiding"

*This image is copyright of its original author

Why do they say that kock dissected the lion? I have an email from kock saying that 272 has not been dissected, it has not eaten for 24 hours, the weight of 272 measured by the scale of the slaughterhouse, and the approximate measurement

Attached Files Image(s)

Banned
( This post was last modified: 01-24-2023, 10:54 PM by Bruceenzo )

(11-29-2022, 05:57 AM)Mapokser Wrote: @Potato the person I'm talking to claimed the Matshipiri were big himself, he said:

"I actually saw these two photographed on ig, I thought the male looked massive and it looks like he lives up to the hype. What a bulky boy!"

1. KNP Males' territory wasn't in Londolozi, they have seen Freddy and Limper in occasion only, same for Mapogos and the southern guide. In comparison Rob spent years with both Mapogos and Majins, plus KY's skull was smaller than the 5th Majingilane, so it's fair to say the opinion that Majins were bigger has much more weight to it, though I don't think they were much bigger.

@Pckts  Yes the ranger thought a Mara lion he saw was bigger, so what? Apart from this male he thought it was the Matimbas.

The Charleston male was 3yo and the Sand River was a prime male, we have both these facts confirmed. Sand Rivers fought and took over the Southern Pride in 2012, two years before the fight with the Charleston boy who was born 3 years before. Sand Rivers even mated with the Charleston's aunt that was raising them.

Matimbas comparison with Bboys are important because you're claiming all lions within a region are of similar size.

And size is only one decisive factor when lions chase or fight each other so it'a irrelevant if Mapogos and Majingilanes fought Matimbas, you yourself said the difference between Ron and Caesar was huge, difference of 185 male to a 225kg, still they were ib the same coalition fighting for mating rights and Ron was reported to be the most dominant.

Anyway it's clear you won't change your mind about 225kg being the peak weight of a lion, we should just agree to desagree, it was my mistake getting involved in these discussions, tigers fans like yourself are probably debating such things with lion fans for more than a decade now and if both sides have never reached and agreement surely I'll not be the one to change your mind.

Quote: Yes the ranger thought a Mara lion he saw was bigger, so what? Apart from this male he thought it was the Matimbas.
I've seen E. African Lions and have always maintained they'd be larger than S. African free ranging males depending on the location. That being said, the largest male from E. Africa was a 272kg cattle lifter. Although I have little doubt they can reach higher weights. 

Quote:The Charleston male was 3yo and the Sand River was a prime male, we have both these facts confirmed. Sand Rivers fought and took over the Southern Pride in 2012, two years before the fight with the Charleston boy who was born 3 years before. Sand Rivers even mated with the Charleston's aunt that was raising them.
Neither is full adult by the looks of it, both are most likely still coming into the fully mature stage of their lives and neither are in their prime. The SRM is the son of the Skukuza Male who was still alive in 2020 and this video was from 2014 so generally speaking, Wild Lions live to about 12 if lucky and take 3 years to sexually mature and generally longer than that to have cubs. So rough estimates would put him around 4 during this video but that's purely speculation on my part if all information mentioned is correct. Regardless, the size difference is minimal which was your claim.

Quote:Matimbas comparison with Bboys are important because you're claiming all lions within a region are of similar size.
 They are, what is mentioned has little to do with that. Lions within a coalition can be small compared to the larger ones, but generally speaking they'll be in the 185kg-225kg range on empty stomachs. Hence *similar size*

Quote:Anyway it's clear you won't change your mind about 225kg being the peak weight of a lion,

As i know there is even a heavier lion in east africa but i forgot the weight. It was close to 290 kg (with minor fill) if i remember correctly. Also i was told the Mnt Kenya lion was not a cattle killer at the time when he was killed.. according to this video.

Yo, little boy, nobody cares about 272kg lion in here. In addition, I found a problem in this video. Why do the same email have different photos in gmail??? I hope someone can tell me, or you guys can ask the staff of gmail, whether this abnormal situation will occur.

Attached Files Image(s)

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(01-24-2023, 09:17 PM)Bruceenzo Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 10:57 PM)充电器01 Wrote: YouTube 频道所有者说的是体重超过 300 公斤,但兽医估计他有 265 公斤的空重。他一定是在称重之前吃了一顿大餐。但在与其他人讨论后,我仍然有疑问。 

1. 保护经理 

2. 生物监测经理

在解雇任何事情之前,我还是想和真正的兽医谈谈。

Which Lion is this with regards to?

Bigcat Enthusiast

(01-24-2023, 10:12 PM)Bruceenzo Wrote:

No confirmation on the other one and the Mt Kenyan Lion was a cattle killer. Noted on his skull.

Why do they say that kock dissected the lion? I have an email from kock saying that 272 has not been dissected, it has not eaten for 24 hours, the weight of 272 measured by the scale of the slaughterhouse, and the approximate measurement

Not from me but from an old poster who would contribute here named Waveriders. He was the one who's credited for the images.

abhisingh7 Offline

(01-24-2023, 11:41 PM)Pckts Wrote:

Not from me but from an old poster who would contribute here named Waveriders. He was the one who's credited for the images.
Do we have any more data about richard kock lion (photo , length , skull length or paw length ) , any one of these ?
1 user Likes abhisingh7's post

Banned

(01-24-2023, 11:40 PM)Pckts Wrote:
(01-24-2023, 09:17 PM)Bruceenzo Wrote:

1. 保护经理 

2. 生物监测经理

在解雇任何事情之前,我还是想和真正的兽医谈谈。

Which Lion is this with regards to?

Banned

(01-24-2023, 11:41 PM)Pckts Wrote:

Ok, but kock said that he didn't cut the lion's stomach. There are many contradictions here. He once said that there was something in the lion's stomach. Since it had not been cut, how did he know? Maybe you can ask him why he is inconsistent, although it seems impolite.
1 user Likes Bruceenzo's post

Banned
( This post was last modified: 01-25-2023, 07:37 AM by Bruceenzo )

(12-02-2022, 06:00 AM)ZigZak Wrote:

The lion i was talking about is this one and came from a FB user Cave Leo (he yet can not share the name because of privacy reasons). It was a lion from southern sergenti.

The administrator did not answer my question. The guy who provides 287kg lion is set in Italian, but his flag is Germany. If his IP address is China or many other countries (the reason for vpn switching), then it can be determined that this guy is the Chinese extreme lion fan similar to Warsaw. I don't understand why he wants to delete attivo/a ora in the screenshot (active now in Italian). Obviously, he doesn't understand Italian, so he may have just adjusted his mobile phone language to Italian. He pretends to be a person from other countries, which is more convenient to spread rumors, is not easy to expose, and has authority effect.And the opposite veterinarian actually replied to his information quickly, which is incredible.It looks like a person has two Instagram to reply to himself. I'm very sure.
2 users Like Bruceenzo's post

abhisingh7 Offline

180 kg lion (semi wild)

Attached Files Image(s)

Maldives acutidens150 Offline
Banned

@abhisingh7 
That lion was estimated
https://youtu.be/lPvTx99ZR9k
Also they weighed a largest lion of 238 and lioness if 198

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 01-28-2023, 09:21 PM by Pckts )

(01-28-2023, 06:55 PM)acutidens150 Wrote: @abhisingh7 
That lion was estimated
https://youtu.be/lPvTx99ZR9k
Also they weighed a largest lion of 238 and lioness if 198

It doesn’t matter, this is a private predator park aka a zoo/sanctuary.

Banned

(01-25-2023, 11:02 PM)abhisingh7 Wrote: 180 kg lion (semi wild)

I don't know how to send screenshots in private letters. well, Here's the information I got.

Attached Files Image(s)

Jerricson Offline
Prometheus
( This post was last modified: 02-03-2023, 03:23 PM by Jerricson )

This was one of the Kruger lions captured last year for a study.
4 users Like Jerricson's post

Banned
( This post was last modified: 02-06-2023, 06:59 AM by Bruceenzo )

(02-03-2023, 03:22 PM)杰里森 Wrote:

这是去年为一项研究捕获的克鲁格狮子之一。

This is their paper. These lions ate bait before being measured. It was made of zebra meat.

Attached Files Image(s)

1 user Likes Bruceenzo's post