There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---
We have upgraded the system, and this might cause some weird issues. If you face such issues, please report here.

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Modern Weights and Measurements of Leopards

Luipaard Offline
Leopard enthusiast

3 users Like Luipaard's post

Italy AndresVida Offline
Animal Enthusiast

I got this one from the same site where the 108 kg male was recorded. 
This one is a very massive one of 87 kg or 194 lbs, too bad they are killing off the largest speciments. Hate them

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/na...ord.58879/

*This image is copyright of its original author

a monster from a friend of mine,last year Namibia.
Pictures can simply deceive,but you can see a difference.
Also a fat man, "but only" 87 kg (the leopard

Italy AndresVida Offline
Animal Enthusiast

@Pckts
@Luipaard
@Balam

I know this is not a modern record but still interesting since it is about Barbary leopard.
Two old hunting records similar to the alleged 90–100 kg beast shot in the Aberdares of Kenya

70 kg, the last Moroccan leopard

95 kg and 250 cm long

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

@"loveanimals" Barbary leopards live in an environment similar to Persian leopards today in both prey items and temperature. I'd expect them to also be similar in mass and external appearance. We don't know if those weights are estimates but I think it's likely they're real, the largest Persian leopards grow to 90-95 kg representing the largest of their species, my guess is Barbary leopards were able to match that size.
1 user Likes Balam's post

Luipaard Offline
Leopard enthusiast

Some weights of various subspecies, including a 90kg Persian leopard.

1 user Likes Luipaard's post

United States Styx38 Offline
Banned

@Luipaard 

I found this on Carnivora.net. 

It was posted originally by Chui.

It was a Leopard weight chart from Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary, Thailand.

Sadly enough, I can't find the main source for these weights.
1 user Likes Styx38's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Taxonomic status of the leopard, Panthera pardus (Carnivora, Felidae) in the Caucasus and adjacent areas

Luipaard Offline
Leopard enthusiast

(03-09-2021, 04:42 AM)Pckts Wrote: Taxonomic status of the leopard, Panthera pardus (Carnivora, Felidae) in the Caucasus and adjacent areas

I already posted that: https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-modern-weights-and-measurements-of-leopards?pid=115770#pid115770

United States Styx38 Offline
Banned

(03-09-2021, 09:48 PM)Luipaard Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 04:42 AM)Pckts Wrote: Taxonomic status of the leopard, Panthera pardus (Carnivora, Felidae) in the Caucasus and adjacent areas

I already posted that: https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-modern-weights-and-measurements-of-leopards?pid=115770#pid115770

So I see that on an average South Caucasus Leopards have the largest skull measurements, while South Pakistan Leopards have the smallest skull measurements.

This would mean that the South Caucasus may have the largest population of Persian Leopards?

Interesting to note here is that the North Caucasus comes into Europe.

The region, Krasnodar Krai, is part of European Russia and not too far away from Ukraine.

So essentially you can argue that these are European Leopards.
1 user Likes Styx38's post

Luipaard Offline
Leopard enthusiast

"A adult male, caught in snare set for wild pigs around farmlands in northern Iran was fitted with a satellite collar and released back into the wild on Tuesday 16 May 2017. He, a 70 kg male, will provide stunning insights into ecology and behavior of leopards in human-dominated temperate forests."

https://www.researchgate.net/project/Leopards-in-montane-landscapes-movement-demography-and-coexistence
1 user Likes Luipaard's post

Luipaard Offline
Leopard enthusiast

65kg empty belly male

"Checking him, after being trapped in an illegal cage for a week without food or water, due to the distress it had caused damage to his face."

"Being weighted....a wapping 65 KG"

"Taking all the measurements of this leopard from head to toe"

https://www.facebook.com/GarminSA/photos/a.425350990883854/425351424217144
2 users Like Luipaard's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Originally posted by Luipaard in the carnivores compared to humans thread.
I asked about his weight...

1 user Likes Pckts's post

Luipaard Offline
Leopard enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-18-2021, 10:06 PM by Luipaard )

"Kurula our 180lb male leopard sits in the night ready for the hunt I know it's not the best photo although it is dark out here and we dont want to affect his hunt as he is ready for impala here in the bush on the safari in Djuma South Africa Kruger National Park"

Italy AndresVida Offline
Animal Enthusiast

@Pckts 

I got this image from a very poor Screenshot I did from the page "big and territorial male leopards" on carnivora. 

I god damn hate the fact that I “do not allow the permission” to see some images on that site.
Can you send me on here the full quality image of this monster leopard?

Bigcat Enthusiast

(03-20-2021, 12:22 AM)LoveAnimals Wrote: @Pckts 

I got this image from a very poor Screenshot I did from the page "big and territorial male leopards" on carnivora. 

I god damn hate the fact that I “do not allow the permission” to see some images on that site.
Can you send me on here the full quality image of this monster leopard?

It's my screenshot from Mundjamba by Hugo Seia

It's a nice sized Leopard but certainly not that large, he tends to exaggerate quite a bit with his claimed sizes.

He's also made other suspicious claims of 20' long, 3000lb Crocs and Many 2000lb plus cape buffalos he's killed over the years. I need to read more of his book but overall when I get the time.
1 user Likes Pckts's post