There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Matimba Coalition Male Lineage

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(03-25-2023, 07:17 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Mbiris males seen near Orpen Gate:

*This image is copyright of its original author

Man Shaka looks huge and ZigZag's mane looks more impressive than ever.

They still look to be in their prime, are they still 9 or have turned 10 already? There's still time to raise some more cubs and spread their amazing genes.

I continue to say it, but Shaka Mbiri is one of, if not the, meanest, most intimidating looking male lion, in my opinion.
6 users Like BA0701's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

By Theresa Pienaar, Mbiri Males seen again in the KNP.

Shaka as fearsome as ever:

And big:

But man Zigzag is massive:

And I wonder what truly happened to his mouth back in the day, a kick from a zebra?

12 users Like Mapokser's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(03-27-2023, 02:38 AM)Mapokser Wrote: And I wonder what truly happened to his mouth back in the day, a kick from a zebra?
I would assume it is from buffalo horn.
2 users Like Potato's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Best news of the year ( might be)
Eldest son of legendary matimbas , SENIOR MBIRI ( born in 2011) is alive.

9 users Like DARK MANE's post

Canada Robot00 Offline

(03-28-2023, 11:01 AM)DARK MANE Wrote: Best news of the year ( might be)

Anyone know anything about nsemani long lost brother? I remembered reading something on YouTube that the lost brother had a partner somewhere in kruger but it's been a long time
1 user Likes Robot00's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-28-2023, 11:01 AM)DARK MANE Wrote: Best news of the year ( might be)

Old legend.

His son is stunning, is he alone or has brothers?
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-28-2023, 05:45 PM)Robot00 Wrote: Anyone know anything about nsemani long lost brother? I remembered reading something on YouTube that the lost brother had a partner somewhere in kruger but it's been a long time

He and unknown partner where last seen around 2017 i believe, east of Orpen in Kruger, nothing since.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Torchwood matimba

10 users Like DARK MANE's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

April Fool delight – I was delighted to again find 3 of the 6 Mayambula young males on the H7 about 3km West of S39. As the traffic started to build up the boys got up and started to move off in a westerly direction but did let me get a few photo’s to add to their album. 

8 users Like Potato's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-09-2023, 07:00 PM by Mdz123 )

I jusr realized, the sighting that I just posted here is in the wrong thread. It was one of the Mantimahle males. I have deleted it and moved it to the proper thread
5 users Like Mdz123's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Throwback to 4 and half years old Mbiri males

8 users Like Potato's post

lionuk Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-11-2023, 10:40 PM by lionuk )

2 of the Mayambula Young males. Pictures taken 2 weeks' ago. According to Schemers, Snip Tail is currently the most dominant male of his coalition. 
Pic credit: Graham Schemers 

11 users Like lionuk's post

Canada Robot00 Offline

I was just reminded that matimbas has a son from the talamati pride and he was in the delaporte coalition. Anyone know how is this son now?
2 users Like Robot00's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(04-12-2023, 05:15 PM)Robot00 Wrote: I was just reminded that matimbas has a son from the talamati pride and he was in the delaporte coalition. Anyone know how is this son now?

The Only DeLaporte Lion still with us is Dredlockss who is now in coalition with the Nkuhulu YMs .   All others unfortunately haven’t been seen since the lock down.

The Talamati, Three Tooth Tsalala, and The Hilda’s Rock Male are all presumed dead ATM.
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-12-2023, 05:15 PM)Robot00 Wrote: Anyone know how is this son now?

Last seen around early to mid 2021, in not so great condition.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post