There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat
( This post was last modified: 07-04-2017, 11:09 PM by sik94 )

(07-04-2017, 10:09 PM)Michael Wrote:
(07-04-2017, 09:42 PM)Chris Wrote: So they are are brothers?

No I believe the two young Avocas currently around Londolozi were fathered by the Northern Matimbas but I´m not sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4RTrmDtfw0

These guys fathered the acova males that are in sabi sands right now. They also fathered the older avoca males(older brothers of the avocas with the same name still in the Timbavati), the 5 giraffe males, and the young Ross males as well. They lost their territory to the Trilogy males and became nomads, one of them died and the other one is presumed dead.
3 users Like sik94's post

Michael Offline

(07-04-2017, 11:08 PM)sik94 Wrote:

No I believe the two young Avocas currently around Londolozi were fathered by the Northern Matimbas but I´m not sure

These guys fathered the acova males that are in sabi sands right now. They also fathered the older avoca males(older brothers of the avocas with the same name still in the Timbavati), the 5 giraffe males, and the young Ross males as well. They lost their territory to the Trilogy males and became nomads, one of them died and the other one is presumed dead.
Just out of curiosity do you know who the Northern Matimbas fathered ?
1 user Likes Michael's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat
( This post was last modified: 07-05-2017, 02:15 AM by sik94 )

(07-05-2017, 01:33 AM)Michael Wrote:
(07-04-2017, 11:08 PM)sik94 Wrote:

Just out of curiosity do you know who the Northern Matimbas fathered ?

They fathered the young Mbiri males, there are probably more I don't know of. Its harder to find info on the lions in Timbavati or the Manyeleti, most of the Matimba offspring are fathered by the southern Matimbas in the Sabi Sands or southern Manyeleti area.
1 user Likes sik94's post

Chris Offline

But the avoca males still have territory in the north and they are looking to takeover the thanda impi males territory and females. That's why the thanda impi males and the females moved south because they heard the roars of the 3 gigantic avoca males. The avoca males are bigger and stronger.
1 user Likes Chris's post

Chris Offline

Now everyone One question, if these avoca males were in londolozi, who wound win avocas or the majingilanes? In my opinion the avocas are bigger and stronger than the majingilanes. Let me know guys who would win.

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(07-05-2017, 03:16 AM)Chris Wrote: Now everyone One question, if these avoca males were in londolozi, who wound win avocas or the majingilanes? In my opinion the avocas are bigger and stronger than the majingilanes. Let me know guys who would win.

It's very possible, yes. Mostly considering their size and younger age.
1 user Likes Tshokwane's post

Chris Offline

And what a site it will be if they saw there sons? An amazing site it will be hopefully in the future.

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to Christof Schoeman.

The majestic Avoca males walks back towards their Buffalo carcass after chasing off a couple of hungry Hyenas!

Manyeleti Game Reserve- Tintswalo Safari Lodge.

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like Tshokwane's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to Christof Schoeman - Tintswalo Safari Lodge.

Safari Update

The Thanda Impi male lions were also vocalising before sunrise and gave us a relative idea where to go look for them. We eventually caught up with one of the Boys (Sizanani) close to konkone quarry. Sizanani is maintaining his weakened condition and is only just being able to keep up with his pride members. 

5 users Like Tshokwane's post

Chris Offline

It's a perfect opportunity for the avocas to attack the thanda impi males.

Italy Ngala Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

From Pondoro Game Lodge:
"The big Mohlabetsi male was seen with the rest of the coalition and looks to be in better condition."

4 users Like Ngala's post

United States Fredymrt Offline

Mohlabetsi Males
5 users Like Fredymrt's post

Chris Offline

Any reports on the avoca males?

Mexico Gamiz Offline
Lion Enthusiast

Skorro Thanda Impi male is a monster!!

9 users Like Gamiz's post

United States leocrest Offline

Wow! Thanks for posting! There's no wonder why lions dislocate hips and lose k-9s.
1 user Likes leocrest's post