There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Ttimemarti Offline

You’d think they would want to mate more but he’s got the entire pride all to himself just like the northern avocas… when was the last time he was seen with them?
2 users Like Ttimemarti's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(04-10-2024, 04:47 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: You’d think they would want to mate more but he’s got the entire pride all to himself just like the northern avocas… when was the last time he was seen with them?

he better pray no young coaltions catch off guard now that he alone alot young colations coming up he better off with his brothers
1 user Likes kobe8jf1234's post

Panama Mapokser Online
Contributor

Birmingham pride and Mbiri males.

5 users Like Mapokser's post

RookiePundit Offline

(04-10-2024, 04:29 AM)Mapokser Wrote: They split, 4th male is with the Guernsey pride.

Thank you!
1 user Likes RookiePundit's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Not for sensibility viewers! The larger Mbiri male feeding on the carcass of the Guernsey male which unfortunately was killed by the two Mbiri males at Ngala!
Photo credit: Sbu.Safari

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like T I N O's post

Mwk85 Offline

Limping Monwana male and the Giraffe male on a buffalo kill. Post is from two days ago.

7 users Like Mwk85's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(04-12-2024, 10:47 PM)Mwk85 Wrote: Limping Monwana male and the Giraffe male on a buffalo kill. Post is from two days ago.

Really great to see these two again!
1 user Likes T I N O's post

Panama Mapokser Online
Contributor

It's a shame they can't become dominant, I wish they could find an easy area to take over, perhaps join in with the Avoca male.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(04-13-2024, 12:07 AM)Mapokser Wrote: It's a shame they can't become dominant, I wish they could find an easy area to take over, perhaps join in with the Avoca male.

They are for a long time already in between lone Hercules and lone Mapoza territories. It basically can not get any easier.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Panama Mapokser Online
Contributor

The crippled male probably doesn't have any confidence to support his brother in any way ( both are BDM sons no? ) and the healthy male isn't confident to challenge 1v1.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(04-13-2024, 04:30 AM)Mapokser Wrote: The crippled male probably doesn't have any confidence to support his brother in any way ( both are BDM sons no? ) and the healthy male isn't confident to challenge 1v1.

Very likely he doesn’t feel confidence to clash 1v1 with any other male. Which makes sense as he isn’t in his best condition.
Yes, both are Black dam male sons
2 users Like T I N O's post

Mwk85 Offline

Limping Monwana male had huge stroke of luck. From what I read he happened to be close by to a giraffe giving birth and secured himself a meal.

2 users Like Mwk85's post

Friarfan619 Offline

I'm not familiar is the limp cause by human lion or hunt injury??
2 users Like Friarfan619's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(04-13-2024, 07:48 AM)Friarfan619 Wrote: I'm not familiar is the limp cause by human lion or hunt injury??

Unsuccessful hunt
3 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-13-2024, 10:26 AM by Tr1x24 )

(04-13-2024, 04:30 AM)Mapokser Wrote: and the healthy male isn't confident to challenge 1v1.
(04-13-2024, 04:59 AM)Timbavati Wrote: Very likely he doesn’t feel confidence to clash 1v1 with any other male.

And who would he challenge alone? 

Only lone territorial males around is Hercules male, who holds his natal pride of 20+ lions, so thats not gonna happen.

And Mapoza, yes he is getting older, but he is beast himself, even their father BDM didnt dare to fight Mapoza in 1vs1, and Mapoza injured last Trilogy male in 1vs1, from which he died later.

Mapoza is also slowly getting pressured by 4 BDMs, and eventually he will prob lost territory to them, so thats not ideal territory for takeover by any means.

Takeovers in 1vs1 scenarios, when both males are healthy, rarely happens anyways, and Monwana is in no condition for any support, so they are stuck to being nomads, unless if they maybe find empty pride/territory.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post