There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(01-29-2024, 02:02 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 01:12 PM)Potato Wrote:

These lions are mis identified as Western Pride.   It’s actually the Gomondwane Pride.  

Footage was taken near crocodile  bridge

Ok, I didn't know.
3 users Like Potato's post

BigLion39 Offline

(01-29-2024, 02:02 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: These lions are mis identified as Western Pride.   It’s actually the Gomondwane Pride.  

Footage was taken near crocodile  bridge

Which coalition is with the Gomonwane pride? IsnIsn't Croc bridge the territory of the actual Gomonwane Boys?
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Mwk85 Offline

Anyone seen anything on the report of a Avoca lioness dying not being correct? Read elsewhere that no lioness from the pride actually died but I haven't been able to independently verify the information. Figured I'd ask here given the numerous contacts other members on here have in the Timbavati region.
1 user Likes Mwk85's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(01-30-2024, 05:43 AM)Mwk85 Wrote: Anyone seen anything on the report of a Avoca lioness dying not being correct? Read elsewhere that no lioness from the pride actually died but I haven't been able to independently verify the information. Figured I'd ask here given the numerous contacts other members on here have in the Timbavati region.

this was left as a comment on a post about the Avoca Cubs

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Any news on 6 Birmingham Breakaway males?
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(01-30-2024, 07:45 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Any news on 6 Birmingham Breakaway males?

yea i had high hope for them there were upcoming colations hope there all still alive ?
1 user Likes kobe8jf1234's post

Contributor

(01-30-2024, 07:45 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Any news on 6 Birmingham Breakaway males?

Read some message exchanges that said only three had been sighted recently but I really can’t remember where. Also don’t know how reliable the sources. I know it’s been hard to get much information since Cristoff left Timbavati

But today we did get to finally see the White Birmingham and his Brothers.
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-30-2024, 08:51 PM by criollo2mil )

The White Birmingham and Brothers sighted North of Simbavati

7 users Like criollo2mil's post

Mwk85 Offline

(01-30-2024, 05:17 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(01-30-2024, 05:43 AM)Mwk85 Wrote: Anyone seen anything on the report of a Avoca lioness dying not being correct? Read elsewhere that no lioness from the pride actually died but I haven't been able to independently verify the information. Figured I'd ask here given the numerous contacts other members on here have in the Timbavati region.

Great to see! Thanks for the information.
2 users Like Mwk85's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(01-30-2024, 08:33 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: I know it’s been hard to get much information since Cristoff left Timbavati
That is not an issue initself as Tanda Tula reports (I think) cover the same (or at least mostly) arena in their blogs. The issue is that Birmingham breakaways moved off to an arena from which there are no updates.
5 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Mapoza:

His sons from Monwana pride:

5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Contributor

(01-30-2024, 05:17 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:

I wanted to follow up with more clarity about the Avoca Lioness.  

One lioness (older) did in fact die.    But it was not one of the new mothers.   That was the confusion.  

People kept asking if a “mother” died and they said NO.  

@Mwk85

Attached Files Image(s)

4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Tanda Tula update

It was a week dominated by lions, with the Giraffe Pride, River Pride, Sark Breakaway, and the original Sark Pride all being seen. The arrival of the Sark Pride sparked some debate about what was going on as they arrived at the overlap of the Sark Breakaway and River Pride territory, and this understandably drew the interest of the Vuyela males that promptly set about mating with the new lionesses in the area. It is a common practice for lionesses to throw themselves at new males, and from one account, one Vuyela male was mating with four of the five Sark lionesses at once! No wonder he looked exhausted for the rest of the week. While the Sark Pride were around, the Sark Breakaways also made a return to the same area and were only a couple of kilometres away from one another at one point. It would be interesting to see what the outcome would be if these two prides met, as they have been separated now for over four years. Time again will tell whether the Sark females will settle in the eastern section of the Klaserie and venture into the western parts of the Timbavati; this would potentially pressure the River Pride into moving into a more central position around our concession. The Mayambula pride were sadly absent during this period, but as is often the case, their absence brings out the cheetahs!

*This image is copyright of its original author

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

5 users Like Potato's post