There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-02-2022, 08:31 PM by Mdz123 )

BYM
Credits: Johan Adolf Smalman

7 users Like Mdz123's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Klaserie Drift update

March kicked off with a bang at Klaserie Drift with an incredible find of the much-anticipated lion cubs! 3 tiny new bundles of joy - barely a week or two old - were finally spotted secreted away in a raisin bush thicket with their River pride mother. Over the days that followed, our lucky guests enjoyed some magical sightings and even spotted proud dad Hosi and a young sub-adult male pulling baby-sitting duty before the lioness decided to relocate her cubs elsewhere. Keep reading to discover what else has been happening this month.

*This image is copyright of its original author

Besides the exciting new arrivals, there were more interesting dynamics amongst the River pride in March. The core pride swelled to 19 individuals as the two breakaway females appeared to rejoin, although there are still some small, scattered groups being seen. On one afternoon guide Emily was enjoying an incredible sighting of all 19 individuals when they spotted an old buffalo bull wallowing in a nearby dam. It was the sub-adult males - now as big as their mothers - who were the first to show interest. Soon the females joined in and together the experienced hunters began laying their trap. However, with a vast open space to contend with, the buffalo managed to amble away, completely unaware of how close he came to the dinner menu!

Elsewhere, Hosi and Socha have been particularly busy, marching to all corners of their territory and rarely spending time with the females. With rumours of a coalition of 4 males pushing in from the north-west, we may see some interesting times ahead.
5 users Like Potato's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

4 black dam males on a kill. 

7 users Like DARK MANE's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(04-03-2022, 12:04 PM)DARK MANE Wrote: 4 black dam males on a kill. 

Were the other 2 also seen?
1 user Likes Mdz123's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-03-2022, 06:53 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: Were the other 2 also seen?

Idk from where even rumor that all 6 BDYM's are together started, There was no pictiures of them 6 together after that "apperantly" reunion few months ago.

Its always this 4, and 1 of other 2 recently escaped reserve and was bring back. 

As for other of those 2, male who was in Sabi Sands, i didnt see any sighting of him for many months.. 

Maybe @Potato has more info.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

The report of the six of them reuniting came from Rudi Hulshof
4 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-03-2022, 07:38 PM)Tonpa Wrote: The report of the six of them reuniting came from Rudi Hulshof

I mean, maybe he saw them together at some point, on a kill or something, but that doesnt mean they are still together.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Kudyela lionesss #5 and her cubs 
by Robert Prehn

8 users Like Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(04-03-2022, 09:07 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-03-2022, 07:38 PM)Tonpa Wrote: The report of the six of them reuniting came from Rudi Hulshof

I mean, maybe he saw them together at some point, on a kill or something, but that doesnt mean they are still together.

With the updates from Thornybush being so scarse, we can not be certain of about anythink from that region, through since Black Dams rejoined for at least couple of days (it is like they were found just on single kill together), I do not see reason why they would split up now.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-03-2022, 10:08 PM)Potato Wrote: With the updates from Thornybush being so scarse, we can not be certain of about anythink from that region, through since Black Dams rejoined for at least couple of days (it is like they were found just on single kill together), I do not see reason why they would split up now

Well, as we see, they are not together.

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

By the way, is it too late to branch out this thread into the individual areas? Right now everything from thornybush, Balule, Klaserie and even Kapama gets dumped in here

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-04-2022, 02:20 PM)Tonpa Wrote: By the way, is it too late to branch out this thread into the individual areas? Right now everything from thornybush, Balule, Klaserie and even Kapama gets dumped in here

Theres not much updates from those areas, so i think posting this all in Timbavati is ok.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

3 users Like Mabingilane's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(04-04-2022, 11:48 PM)Mabingilane Wrote:

I was going to post this, another great video by our friend Charlie (@EverseenSA). I wonder if the Machatons have moved on permanently.

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

(04-05-2022, 12:04 AM)BA0701 Wrote: I was going to post this, another great video by our friend Charlie (@EverseenSA). I wonder if the Machatons have moved on permanently.

I thought at first they were with some of the other kudyela females but i think all females are now with Sark Males. 

Does anybody know how many have given birth and to how many? 

I'll check some of the Pondoro blogs.
2 users Like Mabingilane's post