There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Timbavati Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-16-2021, 08:05 PM by Timbavati )

The fourth Monwana lioness has given a birth new cubs. Tomorrow I'll get information regarding the gender's of the cubs born in June 2021. My friend will drive tomorrow morning to let me to know that
7 users Like Timbavati's post

Sweden Mangw Offline

(09-16-2021, 08:00 PM)Timbavati Wrote: The fourth Monwana lioness has given a birth new cubs. Tomorrow I'll get information regarding the gender's of the cubs born in June 2021. My friend will drive tomorrow morning to let me to know that

Who are the mothers of the different litters?
2 users Like Mangw's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

The Torchwood Male and the Birmingham Young Male.

*This image is copyright of its original author
8 users Like Potato's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(09-17-2021, 12:39 AM)Mangw Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 08:00 PM)Timbavati Wrote: The fourth Monwana lioness has given a birth new cubs. Tomorrow I'll get information regarding the gender's of the cubs born in June 2021. My friend will drive tomorrow morning to let me to know that

Who are the mothers of the different litters?

The mother of the newest Monwana cubs are the daughters of the Trilogy male.
5 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

One of the two River pride males on Waterbuck kill 3 km west of Leadwood P. Camp, and the last of the Nharhu males was just 600m away from the Jacaranda pride and the old River pride males this morning.
Photo credits: Andries Mbanyise

8 users Like Timbavati's post

Venezuela titose Offline

"The Mapoza male lion has become somewhat of a celebrity in Thornybush of late, and represents everything that a male lion should be."
#Thornybush #GreaterKruger #MapozaMale
By Andi Dill

8 users Like titose's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The third Monwana lioness with her three month old cub moving between the kills a few days ago at Royal Malewane. With these three additions to the current 6 cubs bringss the total to 9. However, the fourth Monwana lioness  has given a birth  two new cubs by now. So. the current composition of the Monwana pride are 11 cubs, 5 adult-lionesses and their three dominant males
Unfortunately, the oldest female cub born in February died after suffering for about 2 months with what rangers believed was a neurological disorder.
Photo credits: Rudi Hulshof

6 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Two of the three River pride males chasing the old River pride males ? Ntsiri Private Nature Reserve
8 users Like Timbavati's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Tanda Tula update

The lions kick started our week with two pairs of mating Skorro males and Mayambula lionesses, but they then disappeared, and with the River Pride having moved west into Klaserie, we had two lionless days.  After tracking the Skorro males east towards Kruger, and the limping Nharhu male north, on our concession on two successive drives we finally managed to find them again.

Glen and I went out after breakfast to see if we could break the drought, Glen’s skills and persistence led to us to the River Pride near Nkhari Homestead, all looking in good shape.  A couple of days later this pride was found feasting on a wildebeest kill to further enhance their condition.  We had been tracking the Mayambula Pride that same day, and Glen did manage to track down some of the members of the pride in the east.  When I woke up the next morning with the death bellows of a buffalo emanating from north of Tanda Tula Safari Camp, I was very uncertain as to which lions were killing the buffalo!

Heading out I soon found tracks of two male lions in the area and with a little bit of tracking, and the assistance of a colleague, we found the seven Mayambula pride members, as well as the two Skorro male lions on a fresh buffalo bull kill.  The pride made quick work of the meal and were finished the carcass in a little over 24 hours!  There were reports of the five Vuyela males and four of the Sark Breakaway females just to the west of our concession, and we could actually hear them roaring whilst watching the Mayambula Pride on their kill – it will be interesting to see if they do decide to remain in the west, or push further east.  What the position of these lions does mean is that the River Pride seemed to be getting squeezed into an ever decreasing amount of safe space and if these pressures continue, the lionesses may opt to move out of the area.

Great to see that in the end all 4 Sark breakaway females are still around and seem to be settling down with a Vuela coalition. That however is placing River pride in very akward situation. I would not be suprised if the wil soon decide to move further north, same way not long ago Dundee male with Balule females went.
9 users Like Potato's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Beautiful photos of BYM and Torchwood male together. 
Photo credits: Johan Adolf Smalman

7 users Like lionuk's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Motswari

Yesterday morning our guides managed to locate on the Jacaranda pride in close proximity to the camp. The lions were soon found to be actively pursuing a small group of buffalo which shortly broke out into a full scale hunt. As the drama unfolded the lions eventually managed to bring down one of the buffalo's. Our guests had front row seats to a once in a lifetime sighting and thanks to our field guide Eric for sending through this amazing footage. We are super excited to be seeing more and more of this prolific pride drifting into our area in the north. Hopefully they stick around. Please be advised though, this is not for sensitive viewers.

video:
https://www.facebook.com/motswariprivategamereserve/videos/591431825361974
3 users Like Potato's post

BIGCATSXPERT Offline
Lion enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-18-2021, 03:15 PM by BIGCATSXPERT )

[video=youtube]https://https://youtu.be/e64twOUsI-g[/video]
https://youtu.be/e64twOUsI-g

BIGCATSXPERT Offline
Lion enthusiast

https://youtu.be/lrX8EobkTnM

3 users Like BIGCATSXPERT's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(09-18-2021, 02:11 PM)lionuk Wrote: Beautiful photos of BYM and Torchwood male together. 
Photo credits: Johan Adolf Smalman

Sighting from 1st September this year

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(09-18-2021, 03:17 PM)BIGCATSXPERT Wrote: https://youtu.be/lrX8EobkTnM

It is a great documentary, The Sohobele male plus the Sohobele pride, the Mahlathini and Timbavati males all in one documentary
2 users Like Timbavati's post