There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-31-2023, 03:01 AM)Potato Wrote: I have seen some speculating if currently territorial in Klaserie and Timbavati 5 Vuyela males might in fact came from Western pride, through I have no idea if that could be the case.

I assume that local rangers would know that if thats the case.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(01-31-2023, 04:10 AM)Lonbot2023 Wrote: Thank you for your reply. I thought being on the  boundary so closely there was a good chance they may have just disappeared into the distant bush. I guess now they would be in the region of 7.5 years old. Just found few pics of a couple of the boys. 

*This image is copyright of its original author

Here’s also a male who was breeding away from the pride with one of the females. Unfortunately never got what he was known as (coalition name wise). He charged the other land rover shortly after we left, which we could see coming from the second pic (reason we left him to it). He may have been the Male that made the news after being lured off the reserve to be shot a few months after. 

For some reason your pictures are not visible Sad
1 user Likes Potato's post

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Three Guernsey females at Kublili Dam, Thornybush 

7 users Like Tonpa's post

Lonbot2023 Offline

(01-31-2023, 01:27 PM)Potato Wrote:
(01-31-2023, 04:10 AM)Lonbot2023 Wrote: Thank you for your reply. I thought being on the  boundary so closely there was a good chance they may have just disappeared into the distant bush. I guess now they would be in the region of 7.5 years old. Just found few pics of a couple of the boys. 

Here’s also a male who was breeding away from the pride with one of the females. Unfortunately never got what he was known as (coalition name wise). He charged the other land rover shortly after we left, which we could see coming from the second pic (reason we left him to it). He may have been the Male that made the news after being lured off the reserve to be shot a few months after. 

For some reason your pictures are not visible Sad

Thank you for your reply. I thought being on the  boundary so closely there was a good chance they may have just disappeared into the distant bush. I guess now they would be in the region of 7.5 years old. Just found few pics of a couple of the boys. 

9 users Like Lonbot2023's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Throwback image of dominant trilogy male, scar, in 2016.
He is the father of Hercules male ( dominant over giraffe pride).

8 users Like DARK MANE's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

1/2 sark male. He is doing fine.

7 users Like DARK MANE's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

1/5 vuyela males with his girl.

5 users Like DARK MANE's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 02-01-2023, 11:07 AM by DARK MANE )

BDMs grooming each other after getting exhausted of persuing avoca girls.
8 users Like DARK MANE's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-02-2023, 06:19 PM by Mdz123 )

Seen in Guersey, these guys could be the other 4 BDMs, or an unknown coalition.

6 users Like Mdz123's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

7 users Like BA0701's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-02-2023, 11:43 AM by afortich )

(02-02-2023, 11:19 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

Nice video with some good facts about Ngati pride. Didn't know that the cannibal Masungulo males were the one killing Lagertha's mom.
3 users Like afortich's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(02-02-2023, 06:07 AM)Mdz123 Wrote: Seen in Guersey, these guys could be the other 4 BDMs.

Did they somehow cross into Kapama or are they still behind the fence on Thrnybush side?
2 users Like Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Last week I posted some shots of this rare white lion.  Here are two pics of him getting into a scuffle with his father.  The father is letting the son know that it is about time he leaves the pride and strikes out on his own. Male lions are usually forced out by the time they are three years old.  Our guide told us that these fights had become more frequent, so the time was nearing.    The second image is not really sharp, but I like the action and the composition.  I did not have the proper settings to capture this sudden action as it was a bright sunny day and the lions were actually pretty mellow until this happened.  Ngala, South Africa.

11 users Like Potato's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(02-02-2023, 01:00 PM)Potato Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 06:07 AM)Mdz123 Wrote: Seen in Guersey, these guys could be the other 4 BDMs.

Did they somehow cross into Kapama or are they still behind the fence on Thrnybush side?

No idea, but im assuming its not them because its unlikely they cross fences. The quality of the photo is too bad to id the males. It could just be an unknown coalition.
1 user Likes Mdz123's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(02-02-2023, 01:00 PM)Potato Wrote: Did they somehow cross into Kapama or are they still behind the fence on Thrnybush side?
(02-02-2023, 06:18 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: No idea, but im assuming its not them because its unlikely they cross fences. The quality of the photo is too bad to id the males. It could just be an unknown coalition.

Not impossible, as Guernsey male and 3 Guernsey females also crossed from Kapama to Thornybush/Timbavati, so obiviously fence is somewhere damaged. 

Theres no other young male coalition in Kapama as far as i know.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post