There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-30-2021, 12:53 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-30-2021, 12:44 AM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote: blackdam young males ?

Yea, based of whiskers, thats the male who we taught was in Sabi Sands...

Looks like that male in Sabi Sands is not 1 of those 2 seen Manyeleti and now in Timbavati afterall.. 

He might not even be from Black Dam pride..

Confusing situation..
Of course he is the same male! Definitely it's one of the Black dam young males. Whiskers pattern, scars and the small two cuts of his left ear are exactly 100% the same ones.
3 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-30-2021, 12:44 AM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 11:18 PM)lionuk Wrote: 2 male lions earlier this evening. On a walkabout.
No names given nor is the location, but in somewhere in Timbavati 
Photo credits: Z. Hugo

*This image is copyright of its original author

blackdam young males ?

Spot on!! BDYM #1 He was the first one in being sighted in the western parts of sS
3 users Like T I N O's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Not for sensitive viewers.

The Torchwood Male and the Birmingham Young Male just took down this Buffalo bull in front of Shindzela Tented Camp.

https://www.facebook.com/johan.a.smalman/videos/1958857377610339
4 users Like Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Bigger maned Xikukutsu

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-30-2021, 12:25 PM)Potato Wrote: Not for sensitive viewers.

The Torchwood Male and the Birmingham Young Male just took down this Buffalo bull in front of Shindzela Tented Camp.

https://www.facebook.com/johan.a.smalman/videos/1958857377610339

BYM is so funny, he is like "ok bro, im helping".

Great that they are doing well, Shindzela area is in a way empty area, as somebody said theres a chance for them to maybe take Avoca pride there..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Monwana cubs  by Tim Cowell

6 users Like Tonpa's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 08-30-2021, 05:08 PM by T I N O )

" target="_blank" class="post_link">

The two Mbiri males and white dot on a buffalo carcass stolen from the Birmingham pride. 
Video credits: Roan Du Plessis
6 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

1 of the Machaton males :

Photo Credit : guidegeena

5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-31-2021, 12:14 AM by Tonpa )

Mbiri males came onto Ngala and stole a Buffalo kill from the Birmingham Pride. They also killed a cub in the process 

"Mbiri males are back on Ngala and seems to have stolen a Buffalo carcass from the Birmingham pride some time early this morning. Sadly in this process they killed one of the cubs. Nature can be very tough at times but it is what it is - these are wild animals."

7 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-31-2021, 12:04 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Mbiri males came onto Ngala and stole a Buffalo kill from the Birmingham Pride. They also killed a cub in the process 

"Mbiri males are back on Ngala and seems to have stolen a Buffalo carcass from the Birmingham pride some time early this morning. Sadly in this process they killed one of the cubs. Nature can be very tough at times but it is what it is - these are wild animals."

Unfortunate that Ross males where not around..do we know which cub? One of the younger ones?
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(08-31-2021, 12:32 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 12:04 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Mbiri males came onto Ngala and stole a Buffalo kill from the Birmingham Pride. They also killed a cub in the process 

Unfortunate that Ross males where not around..do we know which cub? One of the younger ones?

Not sure, i'll ask.

I asked if the Ross Males were also chased away and Roan said he believed so.
3 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-31-2021, 12:39 AM by Tr1x24 )

(08-31-2021, 12:34 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Not sure, i'll ask.

I asked if the Ross Males were also chased away and Roan said he believed so.

They didnt see Ross males there, as far as I understand, they came to the sighting when Mbiris already took the kill..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

It is always just a matter of time when those powerhouses set their next target for expansion. So far it seemed they will target Mbiri pride, but who knows, perhaps they will switch to Ngala and Birmingham pride.

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

As of right now what prides do they control? Just the Skorros currently?
3 users Like Tonpa's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The Birmingham and Torchwood young male feeding of a buffalo kill that they made in the early morning today at Shindzela Tented Camp 
Photo credits: Johan Smalman 

9 users Like T I N O's post