There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lions of Southeast Africa (including Kenya, Uganda, Mozambique and Zambia)

Czech Republic Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

@kening 

About #119:

African rulers are mostly person with no one long-term vision. Lions were already disappearing from Zambia during the 90' before they were finally protected. Now as they have recovered a little bit more enviable situation, patatrac ! This hunting is once again allowed. Wildlife politic of pathetic grocers.

By killing the apex predators, every floor of the ecological pyramid is disrupted. And killing exclusively the maned-males lions amounts to eradicate the social organisation of the prides. What will they do when no one adult lion will roam in the ancient parks places ? They will ask once again to transfer some individuals from an other country ? It isn't a politic, they are too stupid to make a really one, just grocery with wild beasts.
5 users Like Spalea's post

BigLion39 Offline

Absolutely disgusting. I have no words. The greed and evil of people i cannot fathom. I wish these scum to be in the bush with no weapons and walk upon a territorial male and stand up 1v1, they'd never stand a chance, not even for a half a second. Damn fools they are.
2 users Like BigLion39's post

United States BorntobeWild Online

(08-02-2024, 11:31 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: Absolutely disgusting. I have no words. The greed and evil of people i cannot fathom. I wish these scum to be in the bush with no weapons and walk upon a territorial male and stand up 1v1, they'd never stand a chance, not even for a half a second. Damn fools they are.

Either they or their offspring will pay the price, sooner or later. It is just a matter of time.
1 user Likes BorntobeWild's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 09-18-2024, 01:31 AM by BA0701 )

Thanks to our friends @NLAL11 and @Rabubi, they identified the pride as the Nsefu Pride, which resides in Zambia's South Luangwa National Park. Thank you, to both of them, for the assist! Regardless, that male lion was a beast King to walk out, and lay claim to the carcass the way he did, while a ton of crocs were actively feeding on it!

Ok, I am a little confused. This video, having to do with male lions dominating crocodiles, just popped into my YT feed, appears it is 2 years old. At 5:02, there is a nightvision, clip, of a male lion literally walking out to the middle of the river, surrounded by a bunch of crocs, to feed on an elephant carcass that the crocs were feeding on. While it is very impressive, for sure, what is confusing is what the female narrator of that clip says. I am not sure what show or documentary the clip is from, but is has that kind of narration to it. In it, she refers to the male lion as Notch, so I thought, OK, this is filmed in the Mara, but then a lioness appears on the river bank, and the narrator states she is from the Ntsevu pride. Does anyone recall this clip, and what male that might be?

1 user Likes BA0701's post