There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Mexico Gamiz Offline
Lion Enthusiast

This young male, one of four, watched as the vultures landed on the nearby trees...They had pulled down a female buffalo, one of many that are easy pickings during this incredibly dry time in South Africa's Lowveld. Kirkman's Kamp, Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve.

Credits to Essential Africa Guide Safaris 

Talamati male

*This image is copyright of its original author
9 users Like Gamiz's post

Greece LionKiss Offline

which Talamati is this?
the one who was supposed to be missing?
5 users Like LionKiss's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(09-24-2016, 04:09 PM)LionKiss Wrote: which Talamati is this?

Apparently, yes. It will be so good for him and the Mangheni males to form a coalition. 

Four is much, much better than just three.
6 users Like Tshokwane's post

Mexico Gamiz Offline
Lion Enthusiast

Amazing, Mhangeni males (Majin's sons) and Talamati male(Matimba's son) in coalition.
6 users Like Gamiz's post

Greece LionKiss Offline

(09-24-2016, 11:41 PM)Majingilane Wrote:
(09-24-2016, 04:09 PM)LionKiss Wrote: which Talamati is this?

Apparently, yes. It will be so good for him and the Mangheni males to form a coalition. 

Four is much, much better than just three.

for sure,

let's wait and see how are the 2 other Talamati, it is said that they went to Kruger but if they return the balance will change.
anyway it is good that all 3 Talamati looks to be alive.
3 users Like LionKiss's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Kirkman's Kamp Private Game Reserve:
Guides and guests have been intrigued and thrilled to have four new male lions on the Sand River. Three brothers from the Mangheni pride and one slightly younger male from the Talamati pride have taken up residence in the river for the last week and have managed to take down 3 Buffalo, one Waterbuck and an Nyala in the last 6 days! This footage was taken by ranger Gareth Poole whilst he and his guests were on safari! The question on everybody's minds is are these newcomers here to stay?

It's a video, click on it to play.

9 users Like Tshokwane's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Tsalala young males(and pride), credits to Dawie Jacobs.

8 users Like Tshokwane's post

Singapore Skybed Offline

@Majingilane regarding post #291

wow 3 Buffalo, one Waterbuck and an Nyala in the last 6 days! BEAST MODE!!!

@Gamiz regarding post #289

Truly special! I guess fate has brought them together. Funny how this Talamati male got separated from his two brothers. Anyway can't wait to see the raise of this coalition!
5 users Like Skybed's post

Mexico Gamiz Offline
Lion Enthusiast

The Young King 

I have been out of touch for a while with moving to a new lodge and finding my feet, yet i have still been out with my camera doing what I love. I thought that this image would be a fitting comeback as this was the very first photo I took at Singita Sabi Sand, my new home. It was my second day here and I was out learning roads when I came across four young male lions resting in the shade of a large weeping boer-bean. How exciting to think that this could be one of the members of the next great lion coalition to rule this pristine conservation area.

Credits to Warrick Davey Wildlife Photography 

Talamati male

7 users Like Gamiz's post

Mexico Gamiz Offline
Lion Enthusiast

Spent some time with the Tsalalas this morning. These young males are growing up fast! Wish we got to see them more often!
Credits to Chenes Wales-Baillie AdventureWild

United States Fredymrt Offline
Wink  ( This post was last modified: 09-29-2016, 03:09 PM by Fredymrt )

(09-27-2016, 03:29 AM)Majingilane Wrote: Tsalala young males(and pride), credits to Dawie Jacobs.

(09-29-2016, 10:04 AM)Gamiz Wrote: Spent some time with the Tsalalas this morning. These young males are growing up fast! Wish we got to see them more often!
Credits to Chenes Wales-Baillie AdventureWild

Sparta young male lions(click on this link↙
https://youtu.be/ZZ-b0TOtg7c
6 users Like Fredymrt's post

Mexico Gamiz Offline
Lion Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-30-2016, 09:40 AM by Gamiz )

Shy Toulon-The last remaining male from a successful coalition of 3 lions(Born:2004) who dominate Southern Sabi Sands and parts of Kruger National Park The trio took over the Charleston pride by Sep 2009 and in July 2010 they decided to try a takeover of the Selati pride The attempt is successful in Sep 2010.Three monts later the coalition split and 2 males from Kruger began to put pressure on Toulons and by February 2011 they lost both  prides and territory!!! 
Photo by: Peter Fukumae
Photo Taken: Unknown

Mexico Gamiz Offline
Lion Enthusiast

One of the many benefits of operating safaris in private areas is the ability to stay out after dark and have encounters such as this one with  the big cats. This male was one of four that had pulled down a buffalo cow and was just starting to feed as it got dark. Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve, South Africa.
credits to Essential Africa Guided Safaris 

Mhangeni male

7 users Like Gamiz's post

Mexico Gamiz Offline
Lion Enthusiast

09:40
2 Lions walking and playing in the Sabi River.
H4-1, 2.4km W from alpha loop east entrance 
Vis 5/5
Tinged by Jason

Talamati males 

5 users Like Gamiz's post

Italy Ngala Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2016, 12:17 PM by Ngala )

Talamati male, credits to Latest Sightings - Kruger.
15:40
2 lions kept calling and zig zaging across road 
H4-1, 500m west of alpha loop W entrance
Vis was 5/5 now disappeared into bush
Tinged by Jason 

5 users Like Ngala's post