There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Mwk85 Online

Second slide shows the Black Dam males successfully getting the warthog they were seen going after recently.

7 users Like Mwk85's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

(04-17-2024, 05:09 AM)Mwk85 Wrote: Second slide shows the Black Dam males successfully getting the warthog they were seen going after recently.

Seemed like a lot of work.  I don't eat whole Blue crabs for this same reason.  So much work for so little.  LOL
4 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

Ximhungwes with PCMs:

Interesting how PCMs prefer to hang with their smaller controlled pride, usually its other way around.

I guess they get annoyed by 10 cubs, 2 are more easier to handle hehe.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

NLAL11 Offline

(04-17-2024, 05:09 AM)Mwk85 Wrote: Second slide shows the Black Dam males successfully getting the warthog they were seen going after recently.

According to Mala Mala these guys were digging up a warthog much like in these pictures almost a month ago. If this was the same incident, then it wasn't that recent. But would somewhat explain where they were when they 'disappeared' for a bit.
2 users Like NLAL11's post

NLAL11 Offline

(04-17-2024, 01:24 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Ximhungwes with PCMs:

Interesting how PCMs prefer to hang with their smaller controlled pride, usually its other way around.

I guess they get annoyed by 10 cubs, 2 are more easier to handle hehe.

Whatever the reason it works out well for the Ximungwe's, as they need more protection. Nothing's happening to those two cubs while the PC males are around.
2 users Like NLAL11's post

NLAL11 Offline

Latest Mala Mala video. Both N'waswitshaka males, Ntsevu lionesses and cubs.

6 users Like NLAL11's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

Persistence pays off, and I am not sure you'll find a better example of persistence than what these two just did.
3 users Like BA0701's post

Does Tumbela be a jerk again?  Still want to know who the 3rd male is seen lately in that area.

2 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-17-2024, 08:15 PM by Tr1x24 )

NK is playing 200 iq game, if you are friends with everyone, you dont have enemies! Hehe.

For real, he must be most friendly and social lion we ever observed, surpassing even Solo male.

He is pretty much in good terms and friend with all nomadic males/coalitions in the area he travels, at the same time, depending in which area he is.

Quite interesting behavior.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 04-17-2024, 08:52 PM by BA0701 )

(04-17-2024, 08:08 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: NK is playing 200 iq game, if you are friends with everyone, you dont have enemies! Hehe.

For real, he must be most friendly and social lion we ever observed, surpassing even Solo male.

He is pretty much in good terms and friend with all nomadic males/coalitions in the area he travels, at the same time, depending in which area he is.

While he is obviously an adult male lion, and possesses the behaviors that come along with that, I have always seen him as being less aggressive, almost passive/timid, than most any other lions I have seen, certainly when it comes to his male partners. Very reminiscent to how I always viewed Dark Mane after his injury, and to a lesser extend OM. This leads to him often being what we might view as being bullied. Nhenha smacked him up regularly, which lead to his now iconic eyelid. I know he gave back, as well, but it has always been my personal opinion that everything he did to Nhenha, he did in response to aggression directed at him, as Nhenha has never been viewed as a passive individual. I think this is one of the reasons he is never able to settle in with a partner, as soon as he feels they have become too aggressive with him, he simply moseys his way elsewhere, no hard feelings. This is also why I personally do not believe he was the one who caused SYM's fatal injuries, I tend to believe that the Mangheni are the likely culprits, as they had cubs at the time, and have always been seen as one of the more aggressive prides.

This is one of the biggest reasons I have always believed he and Big Boy were the absolute perfect match, they were both very much alike in this regard.

(04-17-2024, 08:08 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: NK is playing 200 iq game, if you are friends with everyone, you dont have enemies! Hehe.

Yes, I said this back when they had the reports of the last S. Avoca getting injured, and said it was NK... I was like.. nah... that report is flat out wrong.  NK is like SpearBoy.  He loves everybody, and everybody loves him!!  hahaha
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Kambula #4 with 6 Nkuhuma females 
Sunset WildEarth SafariLive April 17

*This image is copyright of its original author

10 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(04-17-2024, 09:11 PM)Timbavati Wrote: Kambula #4 with 6 Nkuhuma females 

And subs aswell, this is great, no agression from neither side.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Super Moderator

(04-17-2024, 09:42 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

I certainly worry for the young male's safety, especially if the other three join him.
4 users Like BA0701's post

NLAL11 Offline

(04-17-2024, 10:01 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 09:42 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

I certainly worry for the young male's safety, especially if the other three join him.

If all four of them establish themselves in northern Sabi Sands it will be more dangerous for the remaining Talamatis as well. K4 already killed one sub.
1 user Likes NLAL11's post