There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Brazil Ngonya Offline

(02-28-2024, 02:41 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Its not like they get smacked with a manual on how to behave like an adult at age 4 and follow it to the letter from that point out.

They are still young and figuring things out.
Are u talking about the Kambulas?
Aren't they like 5+ years old? (except for K6)

United States T_Ferguson Offline

Skorro not looking too great.

6 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Brazil Ngonya Offline

Kambulas in Sabi Sabi when they tolerated S. Avoca in a carcass

*This image is copyright of its original author

S. Avoca

K6

By Jason Street - Sabi Sabi
9 users Like Ngonya's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Tumbela isn't that good but isn't that bad either:

5 users Like Mapokser's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(02-28-2024, 06:28 PM)Ngonya Wrote: Kambulas in Sabi Sabi when they tolerated S. Avoca in a carcass

S. Avoca

K6

By Jason Street - Sabi Sabi

Unfortunate there’s no video of the initial altercation because I’m not so sure about them tolerating him. Sure, we know he’s been in poor condition but it would be rare for 4 big males to share their kill with a seemingly weak lion. I think he’s maybe got a lil more left in the tank than ppl may seem to believe. This is not me saying the Kambulas couldn’t have seriously/fatally injured the remaining Southern Avoca either, more so they didn’t gift him a kill.

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Alternatively. They are not currently protecting a territory and the Southern Avoca may have been in such state that he is not seen as a threat anymore. So there wasn't much of a reason to fight.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Brazil Ngonya Offline

(02-29-2024, 12:50 AM)KM600 Wrote: Unfortunate there’s no video of the initial altercation because I’m not so sure about them tolerating him. Sure, we know he’s been in poor condition but it would be rare for 4 big males to share their kill with a seemingly weak lion. I think he’s maybe got a lil more left in the tank than ppl may seem to believe. This is not me saying the Kambulas couldn’t have seriously/fatally injured the remaining Southern Avoca either, more so they didn’t gift him a kill.
Southern Avoca with the kill and KBoys in the back

Credits to original author
8 users Like Ngonya's post

Philippines Redroadmale Offline

Is the talamati break away doing good?
2 users Like Redroadmale's post

Kambulas back in the North

5 users Like KM600's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Anyone knows where the BDM are? I feel like I've not seen them for a bit now despite sightings of Mohawk and sons being constant since their return.

PCM and Manghenis are in the West so maybe BDM are in Singita, reason why we're not seeing them in the past few days?

Anyway, let's see how the Kambulas react to Mohawk and sons roaring.

United States T_Ferguson Offline

(03-02-2024, 10:27 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Anyone knows where the BDM are? I feel like I've not seen them for a bit now despite sightings of Mohawk and sons being constant since their return.

PCM and Manghenis are in the West so maybe BDM are in Singita, reason why we're not seeing them in the past few days?

Anyway, let's see how the Kambulas react to Mohawk and sons roaring.

It was a week ago that Quiet Eagle had them basically stationary for 4 days in a row.  The one had a pretty decent limp.  They haven't been seen since then as far as I know.  I feel like that North East Sabi is a vacuum now...  Nobody wants to take it over.

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

PCM roaring on a kill in Londolozi:

4 users Like Mapokser's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

The BDM are still in controll so its not really a power vaccuum. But they are under siege by coalitions that are still to unexperienced to use their nummeral advantage.
Luckily they havent lost their cool yet and fled. But this is a ticking timebomb and I feel its a matter of time before the first casualties fall.

Friarfan619 Offline

Comments say pcm forced them out of londolozi

" target="_blank" class="post_link">
3 users Like Friarfan619's post

(03-03-2024, 02:13 AM)Friarfan619 Wrote: Comments say pcm forced them out of londolozi

" target="_blank" class="post_link">

Contrast in how BDMs have dealt with these coalitions compared to the PCMs or even Ndzengas is eye opening. Both Ndzengas and PCMs have that much faith in themselves they’ve even been seen numerous times leaving their own territory to respond to rival males. Then u have BDMs who are aware of these coalitions yet don’t seem to really care about chasing them out or making the Nkuhuma Pride their own, yet. Very very strange behaviour.